Finally uninstalled

http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html

14. When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.

Sorry if I sound annoying but... why? What's the problem apart from laziness?

You waste space by filling up the thread with useless bullshit. Why do you quote people that are obviously going to read your post anyway? When the quote is so large the words are contained in a tiny box too small to read you are quoting too much. The answer to why is because it is the proper thing to do. It is called a quote pyramid for a reason. When you post you are supposed to be considerate of others time since we must read through everything. It makes the thread/board look bad. You are using over 1000 characters to say two sentences worth of shit.

http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html

14. When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.

You waste space by filling up the thread with useless bullshit. Why do you quote people that are obviously going to read your post anyway? When the quote is so large the words are contained in a tiny box too small to read you are quoting too much. The answer to why is because it is the proper thing to do. It is called a quote pyramid for a reason. When you post you are supposed to be considerate of others time since we must read through everything. It makes the thread/board look bad. You are using over 1000 characters to say two sentences worth of shit.

So... the problem is basically 'I can't be bothered scrolling down and going to the obvious area where the words are'? Okay fair enough, I'll stop.

So... the problem is basically 'I can't be bothered scrolling down and going to the obvious area where the words are'? Okay fair enough, I'll stop.

No, but whatever man I'm not trying to single you out or be excessively dickish. I have no authority here. I just keep seeing newer members do that, being told, yet keep on doing it for whatever reason. It is the kind of thing that has been ingrained into me since I was a child. Why learn to use proper grammar?

To ensure that what you write is comprehended and enjoyable to read.

Back