Finally uninstalled

With the companions it felt like Bethesda was trying to emulate Mass Effect and Bioware but once again failed in that regard. The level of copying and pandering with this game is off the charts.

And it failed every time. Copying is easy right? Not for Beth!

And it failed every time. Copying is easy right? Not for Beth!

Well, it's Bethesda. They don't realise trying to capitalise on their own ideas will probably turn out better than duplicate gimmicks. Hell, a Morrowind-with-guns for Fallout 4 would've been preferable to a Skyrim-with-guns. Wait, in fact, that would've been pretty good.

With the companions it felt like Bethesda was trying to emulate Mass Effect and Bioware but once again failed in that regard. The level of copying and pandering with this game is off the charts.

However, I don't like the use of the word pandering as derogatory term. It seems to be a common criticism on this site. I understand the need for Fallout to be a better-written game with a more solid world as a whole, but what's wrong with indulging in people's fantasies? It seems to be a no-no for a lot of people on this site, whenever they review movies or games. Anything that outright forces out an indulgence in "what the audience wants" isn't always wrong. Not every game needs to give equal pros and cons to every faction and NPC. Not every film needs to make every individual balanced in terms of flaws.

There are a large number of people who just likes watching and/or playing characters that can do nearly everything with few clearly defined negative points. I know that's not what Fallout should be, but other fiction should just be left well enough alone. Give the audience what they want, nothing wrong with that. No, not all movies and games should be like that, but it's not exactly fair to the people who want to just put their brains in rest mode to enjoy stuff in general. Not everything has to be a deep, well-characterised, excellently-paced and thought-provoking.

We're all in entertainment media to have fun, after all. Pandering and power fantasies are fine in the right place and exists for a reason, we should just leave the criticism off of them.

Nothing much to add to that list, as it's pretty good. I'm just amazed at the sheer amount of miss opportunity in this game. And yes, the Gunners are pretty much just the Talon Mercs, which really begs the question of why they didn't just bring the Talon Company back.

Power fantasies are fine, but not for games that were made to be hard.

Well, of course not. But I see a lot of NMAers throwing the same criticism set used for Bethesda's Fallout at a lot of new games and movies coming out lately. I don't feel like it's necessary to consider "pandering" something bad, that's all. Like everything else, it works well if used when appropriate, and in the right series.

Well, of course not. But I see a lot of NMAers throwing the same criticism set used for Bethesda's Fallout at a lot of new games and movies coming out lately. I don't feel like it's necessary to consider "pandering" something bad, that's all. Like everything else, it works well if used when appropriate, and in the right series.

I agree, if the point of the game is power fantasies then sure it's fine.

Well this is a game where you can fuck some robot ass and have ghoul intercourse among other ridiculous things so pandering seems right.

Well this is a game where you can fuck some robot ass and have ghoul intercourse among other ridiculous things so pandering seems right.

Yum-yum!

Who ever said ghouls can't? I know FO:NV had ghoul sex mentioned. FO:2 had at least one horny ghoul in Broken hills.

Is notthat they can't, but that they shouldn't.... just imagine, if their nose is just a hole, how does their dick look like? Maybe female ghouls would have no problem as it's all internal and nothing has said that Ghouls' organs also rot, but Hancock would probably bleed from hsi hancock if you apply too much friction to it.

Is notthat they can't, but that they shouldn't.... just imagine, if their nose is just a hole, how does their dick look like? Maybe female ghouls would have no problem as it's all internal and nothing has said that Ghouls' organs also rot, but Hancock would probably bleed from hsi hancock if you apply too much friction to it.

I was thinking the same thing. Imagine the friction and skin chaffing. Blech.

Unfortunately after starting Mass Effect 3 I can't finish Fallout 4 because Piper fawning over me for opening cabinets is too much after seeing Mass Effect do the dialogue wheel and character interaction properly.

Say what you want about the Mass Effect/Bioware romances, at least their character interaction and dialogue is pretty good. And if you think it isn't, you can at least agree that it FUNCTIONS, unlike Fallout 4.

Unfortunately after starting Mass Effect 3 I can't finish Fallout 4 because Piper fawning over me for opening cabinets is too much after seeing Mass Effect do the dialogue wheel and character interaction properly.

Say what you want about the Mass Effect/Bioware romances, at least their character interaction and dialogue is pretty good. And if you think it isn't, you can at least agree that it FUNCTIONS, unlike Fallout 4.

That's the keyword isn't it? Functions. I will give the romances in Bioware some credit. At lest none of their romance-able characters get the hots for your character from lockpicking or taking drugs.

That's the keyword isn't it? Functions. I will give the romances in Bioware some credit. At lest none of their romance-able characters get the hots for your character from lockpicking or taking drugs.

'Oh my god, you can pick that lock!'

'Oh my god, you can pick that lock!'

More like "I love the way you fondle that lock, can you fondle me that way cuz me want luvins".

Back