Finally uninstalled

Yeah except you won't see the fondling because they did the black out screen. DUH BETHEZDA!!!

Do you really want Bethesda to pull a Mass Effect 1 love scene with rehashed music, shitty animations, and cringe worthy-lackluster dialogue? I want more of a real Fallout game instead of watching my character fuck someone.
Every time sex in a video game comes up, I can't help but remember the whole Hot Coffee thing with GTA:SA. That in turn, leads to me laughing uncontrollably. Seriously, though, I don't want animated love scenes. Two Barbie dolls grinding against each other becomes more cringey than funny after a point.

Yeah except you won't see the fondling because they did the black out screen. DUH BETHEZDA!!!

Do you really want Bethesda to pull a Mass Effect 1 love scene with rehashed music, shitty animations, and cringe worthy-lackluster dialogue? I want more of a real Fallout game instead of watching my character fuck someone.
Every time sex in a video game comes up, I can't help but remember the whole Hot Coffee thing with GTA:SA. That in turn, leads to me laughing uncontrollably. Seriously, though, I don't want animated love scenes. Two Barbie dolls grinding against each other becomes more cringey than funny after a point.

I would say two ragdolls rubbing up against each other, but your way of saying it is good too. If the animations and dialogue are bad I would be laughing.

I was talking more along the lines of Bioware's overall character development and interaction. I'm well aware the romances in Bioware games are often overdone or just plain unrealistic but my point is I will take Bioware's character development over Bethesda's any day.

Outside of the romance department, I think Mass Effect really is quite good with that aspect. And the romance stuff doesn't make me cringe nearly as hard as F4. Dragon Age Origins/Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 have the least cringe-worthy romance of modern games that I have seen so far (notice I said "least cringe-worthy" rather than "greatest" because I don't think games really do it well). I personally don't care if romance is in a game or not though, I think it's overdone.

I used to give Mass Effect flack for getting rid of many RPG elements as the series went on. Then I took a Fallout 4 to the knee.

Kill me.
Yea, I thought that Mass Effect 2 was "dumbed down" from Mass Effect 1 but then Bethesda showed me the true meaning of dumbing down with Skyrim and Fallout 4. Now all Mass Effect games look like masterpieces of RPGs.

I haven't uninstalled my game. Because I've already bought the season pass for all the DLC.

I know, I know. I'm part of the problem. :sad:

Yupp.

And if anyone hasn't played Fallout NV with mods I highly recommend it. There are so many absolutely fantastic New Vegas mods over at the nexus. Project Nevada is absolutely amazing with hidden underground military bunkers that makes it feel like you're playing Fallout 1 or 2 all over again. New Vegas Bounties 1 & 2 are also a great fan made quest lines.

I might give Fallout 4 a try in 1-2 years if there are equally amazing mods for it, but until then I have absolutely zero interest in playing the game.

Before I played it, I thought this too. I am a modder and know how to implement all manner of things from scripted events, a voice acting crew, quests, game play changes. The problem with FO4 imo, mods can't fix it. It has passed the point of no return. Most people use mods for 2 reasons, 1st is to enhance what is already in game via adding new content or changing how something works, 2nd is to remove something we disagree with. If you list all of the things you dislike about the game and think of viable solutions to correct them, it leads to a very bleak result. Main quest is garbage, cut it out of the game, and you would have to, but about 20% of the named NPCs reference the main quest, including "companions". Subsequent NPCs with dialogue would need to have conditions added to lines of dialogue to prevent them from speaking of Emil's regurgitation, others would need to be removed. The three factions are copy paste any only exist to make the main quest seem real. So to salvage them as much as possible, throw some conditions off the references to the main quest in there dialogue to not play. Many innocent "side quests" railroad you into a faction. (by picking up a locket you will start getting radiant minitemen quests even if you haven't spoken to Garvey) Many Side quests would need to be altered to not loop radiants or link back to a faction that had nothing to do with the quest. A good 15% of the side quests are like this. Bare in mind this is just quest related.
So lets say I have mods in to "fix" all these things
1.) MainQuestOverhaul aka NoMainQuest or MQO
2.) NoRadiantStart
3.) NoTelepathyQuests

Great! but now the game has been left good content and can account for 30 - 40 minutes of roleplay story telling, lets add some quest mods!
But we have to be sure the quests don't arch off of the main quest or side quests or companions. It has to not deal with Shaun or mention him and it has to not make me think, "Would Nate/Nora do this?" Because I can either be Nate or Nora, Well now I need a mod that removes the opening like live another life and it would also have to remove all terminal entries referring to our spouse, the halo tape, the voice protag saying "I'm going to get my baby back.

Lets have a look now at our mod list.
1.) MainQuestOverhaul aka NoMainQuest or MQO
2.) NoRadiantStart
3.) NoTelepathyQuests
4.) LiveAnotherLife
5.) QuestModA
6.) QuestModB
7.) QuestModC
8.) QuestModD
9.) QuestModE
10.) QuestModF
11.) QuestModG
12.) EnemyNoneEnemyRebalance
13.) BostonInteriors
14.) FO4WeaponOverhaul
15.) FO4ArmourOverhaul
16.) FO4CraftingOverhaul
17.) UnofficialPatch (Only if it is compatible with mods that rip the main quest out)
18.) SettlementOverhaul
19.) RadioStationA
20.) RadioStationB
21.) FemalesHaveFemaleSkeletons
22.) BodyMod
23.) ClothingReplacerA
24.) ClothingReplacerB

Sound like a pretty good list? It isn't, the core game is still crap and by the time all those mods are made in 2-3 years because we won't see the G.E.C.K. for another year, most people will have moved on to better, including those who liked the game, because it has zero replay-ability. Plus, NV has a great core game and doesn't need mods to "fix" it, all the mods are to enhance the experience. I don't like FO3, but it has merit in the fact that there are a couple interactions with choice and that you have karma. 80% of the named NPCs are essential and can not be killed, that means the quest structure needs to be rewritten to include Quest Fail stages. Yay! I can Kill Preson, Momma and Sturges now!!!! Be honest, how long will that keep you entertained. Once the G.E.C.K. is available things like baseIDs will be on the wiki and setting their flag in game will be a snap. But will you care in 2 years? My Advice, Watch any let's play on youtube, you will have the exact same experience as everyone else as the game is that railroaded, and ask yourself, will I watch the same let's play again with mods in 2-3 years?

I don't think modders will be able to fix Fallout 4's bad writing and dialogue system. It won't improve Fallout 4 like it did with New Vegas. The best they seem to be able to do is create distractions from the bad writing and dialogue by making things like Fat Man Baby Launchers.

I don't think modders will be able to fix Fallout 4's bad writing and dialogue system. It won't improve Fallout 4 like it did with New Vegas. The best they seem to be able to do is create distractions from the bad writing and dialogue by making things like Fat Man Baby Launchers.

Agreed, however when the GECK does come out we might see a nice amount of total conversion mods.

Agreed, however when the GECK does come out we might see a nice amount of total conversion mods.

If you think a total conversion mod is going to do anything good to this game you're better off waiting for a good Fallout game, which is to say not likely to happen in both cases.

If you think a total conversion mod is going to do anything good to this game you're better off waiting for a good Fallout game, which is to say not likely to happen in both cases.

Hey, they might have good writing! Who knows?

Still won't make me press the play button on Steam unless I plan on finishing the main quest. I'm sure it's sort of easy to make cities and the like in Boston since it's an empty barren canvas(not a very good one at that) but there's only so much you can do with a big squirty dump. Also if I want good writing I'll go play a real RPG that doesn't need a 10 GB total conversion mod to be a good game with good writing.

Still won't make me press the play button on Steam unless I plan on finishing the main quest. I'm sure it's sort of easy to make cities and the like in Boston since it's an empty barren canvas(not a very good one at that) but there's only so much you can do with a big squirty dump. Also if I want good writing I'll go play a real RPG that doesn't need a 10 GB total conversion mod to be a good game with good writing.

True... ah well so even modding can't save this game.

I remember the Super Bunnyhop Fallout spin-offs video trying to promote the idea of letting other studios make Fallout games and it was a great video with great arguments for why Bethesda would benefit from doing so, but ultimately the tone of the video echoed what all of us seem to be thinking: "Ok Bethesda you got your Fallout 4, now can we please have a New Vegas 2 type game made by Obsidian?"

Only thing saving this game is going back to the drawing board entirely, no amount of band-aids will make this an acceptable experience when every other competing game in the last several years has outdone it and provided more quality AND content. Infinitely generating fetch/kill quests and the ability to pick up a fork off a table does not equal content.

Wolfenstein: The New Order had better writing than Fallout 4. I never expected that (New Order was a really good game and well-written, a surprise hit that was an unapologetic FPS but with good writing, story, and character development).

Last edited:

I remember the Super Bunnyhop Fallout spin-offs video trying to promote the idea of letting other studios make Fallout games and it was a great video with great arguments for why Bethesda would benefit from doing so, but ultimately the tone of the video echoed what all of us seem to be thinking: "Ok Bethesda you got your Fallout 4, now can we please have a New Vegas 2 type game made by Obsidian?"

Only thing saving this game is going back to the drawing board entirely, no amount of band-aids will make this an acceptable experience when every other competing game in the last several years has outdone it and provided more quality AND content. Infinitely generating fetch/kill quests and the ability to pick up a fork off a table does not equal content.

Wolfenstein: The New Order had better writing than Fallout 4. I never expected that (New Order was a really good game and well-written, a surprise hit that was an unapologetic FPS but with good writing, story, and character development).

Duh, even Failout 3 had better writing. It's not difficult.

Duh, even Failout 3 had better writing. It's not difficult.

Yes, I do think there were some very interesting Fallout 3 side quests. The main quest was, in retrospect, a taste of the disaster that was to come in the form of Fallout 4, but I did like some quests such as You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head, or Tenpenny Tower. These were quests that had multiple different choices for the player to make, stories that unwound before you and choices that weren't obviously right. Sometimes you'd help the downtrodden ghouls out of the goodness of your heart only to return to find they massacred all the humans. Nothing of the sort in Fallout 4. Nothing. They didn't even take the good parts of their own game into the sequel. Bethesda really is just disgusting.

Back