First XCOM screens

I'm gonna vote for Heroes of Might and Magic FPS next. Might not be my favourite series but come on, after 5 boring TB games surely it's time for the series to go FPS.

First person Might and Magic. What a revolutionary concept.

Might_and_magic5.png

how can you even doubt that FPS mechanics make something NOT inherently better.

Everything should be first person. Everything.

like I've said before: I'm more pissed about this than I am about Fallout, and that says a lot.

the X-Com games were an even bigger part of my childhood than Fallout.

At least the first F3 screenshots looked something like uhm Fallout.Look there is a supermutant, they got it wrong but yes, this reminds me about Fallout.
These screenshots could be also uh dunno but nothing reminds me about X-Com here.Maybe I lack imershun or so.

Crni Vuk said:

Speaking of which, most of my sex is third-person over-the-shoulder.

This has pissed me off more than anything. My 2 favorite series are Fallout and X-Com. And reading this article just made me angrier.

If you compare this to what happened with Fallout 3, it actually makes what Bethesda did look good! Hell, at least Fallout 3 was 1) still an rpg of sorts, 2) tried to build on the previous games, and 3) had actually had something to do with the damn franchise!

This new XCOM looks more like a Dark Skies or retro X-Files game then anything else.

.Pixote. said:
A buddy gave me that game…never installed it, never played it. It looks better than I expected. :shock: But is it good!

Personally i think its fairly fun. Very low re-playability, but a lot of fun for one run.

Ratty said:
Crni Vuk said:

Speaking of which, most of my sex is third-person over-the-shoulder.
That would be technicaly even possible. Needs just some head googles with and a camera somewhere on the wall.

Still needs to find some floating one so you could walk and interact in third person all the time.

.Pixote. said:
A buddy gave me that game…never installed it, never played it. It looks better than I expected. :shock: But is it good!

The combat system is nice. If you are skilled with the controls, you can do some funny stuff.

.Pixote. said:

personally I think it's a fantastic game for when you want some mindless action adventuring.

the combat system is really great once you get the hang of it and there are some pretty cool places you get to visit.

Yeh, hint for all the evil creatures out in the world: Even if it might fit your character and looks evil, don't place large numbers of spikes on your walls. It will just work out wrong for you.

Back