Fallout 2 mod FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, Jul 30, 2007.

1. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Ok, just wanted to clarify for the sake of everyone. Just the SharpshooterFix needs to be changed as mentioned above. All other values are fine.

Also, this issue has been resolved with my upcoming patch. I no longer apply the fix to the exe but rather use timeslip's ini file to do the applying. Thus this change will not be needed when my new patch is released.

2. Pipboy2000

Pipboy2000 Companion to the Last Proton
    Orderite

Sep 29, 2003
    Word. That really does need to be added.

I felt I needed to agree and bump this to the next page :P

3. Guest

Guest First time out of the vault

Aug 3, 2007
    actually I have, but not installed at the moment. Also I have deleted Fallout, so I'll wait for the killap's Fallout II expansion pack + several fixes for it ;)

4. Sorrow

Sorrow So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Feb 9, 2006
    IIRC my friend who is studying informatics has one. What would he have to do?

5. Timeslip

Timeslip Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Aug 15, 2007
    Just download the source code and compile it. VS 6 won't be able to read VS 2005's project files, but I don't think there's any project settings that are essential.

I'm not sure what code changes will be needed. There are some string functions (strcat_s, strcpy_s, _itoa_s etc.) that'll need the _s's removed, but there shouldn't be too much else.

6. Glovz

Glovz Vault Dweller
    Modder

Sep 16, 2005
  7. Boque

Boque First time out of the vault

Aug 16, 2004
    Is it possible to add a "light flare" to the item slot, it doesn't seem right having to use four ap to go into the back pack. Any ideas?

8. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    I don't think these issues will ever be fixed, but I'll have to ask them anyway:

1. Is there any way you could fix the issue where planting explosive in npc's inventory and after it blow up, the game will crash.

2. Any change of fixing "Too many items bug" ( you can check more info about it from http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html ), which I believe is caused by cache overflow.

9. killap

May 16, 2005
    I had asked him about this and he said there is no way to do it without changing the save game structure - way out of anyone's league with just hex editing.

10. Mario_Dweller

Mario_Dweller It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 9, 2004
    I think it's only script problem...

11. killap

May 16, 2005
    How so? No script controls explosives or how they detonate.

12. Mario_Dweller

Apr 9, 2004
    I'm not sure, but I've killed many critters by this way. And this error has appeared each time only with few NPCs...

13. killap

May 16, 2005
    Yes, it is a known issue that using explosives on an NPC can cause a crash - problem is it does not happen EVERY time. This is not handled by scripts though but rather the engine.

14. Glovz

Glovz Vault Dweller
    Modder

Sep 16, 2005
  15. Nova

Nova It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 1, 2006
    Didn't find it mentioned, but is it possible that when using the speed feature, which is pretty neat, the world sprites don't also speed up?

So that only the running speed or whatever.. With your tweaks (Using version 1.6 of your tweaks on Fallout I) the speed feature also seem to speed up world anymations, such as the fire in barrels or gizmo's sign in Junktown.

Keep up the great work! Thanks

16. Mario_Dweller

Apr 9, 2004
    Welll. I've tried to kill about 30 critters without script by dynamite. Succesfuly without game crash. And then I've placed about 10 dynamites to some guards' inventory in New Reno and the game crashed sooner than it exploded. Maybe it's random, but...

17. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Time traveler stuck in time... Modder

May 24, 2006
    Hi there. Can somebody help me with this scroll tweak, how to make it work, where to put it? Can this be done without modifying F02.exe?

18. twotimingpete

twotimingpete First time out of the vault

Sep 1, 2007
    killapp, I can't get sfall to work with your patch. I tried starting over by uninstalling everything.

My fallout 2 cd is the original version 1.0. I install your killap patch (the one linked in your sig) according to the directions, and the game works fine and shows the version as 1.02 on the title screen.

when I put the sfall files into my fallout 2 directory then try to launch the game, I get a message saying:

"
    Error
    You're trying to use sfall with an incompatible version of fallout
    Was expecting 'Fallout 2 v1.02 US'
    "

Can anyone help me? I really want to play in a window.

19. killap

May 16, 2005
    I think you might be suffering from one of the problems mentioned in this thread. Try this:

Open the ini file that comes with timeslip's tweaks. Then scroll down to the part about the SharpshooterFix. It is currently set to 1. Change it to 0.

20. farlard

farlard It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 29, 2007
    Unfortunately i was banned from beth 2 days ago. so i cant look at it. :(