FOnline second open test started

Ok i made it on the second server

Seems to be less people there. i will hang out a little there and maybe move to the first later when it's stabilized...

So, how do you get out of a conversation with an NPC?

Discovered the guy I was talking to only had a Russian conversation and I kept wanting to close out. Eventually someone killed me when I was trying to figure that out.

EDIT: Now what do I do since I'm dead? This is the manual and did I just skim over it? :D

Grayswandir said:
Ok i made it on the second server

Seems to be less people there. i will hang out a little there and maybe move to the first later when it's stabilized...

Yes, I managed to get on this server too. Any advice on what to do and where to go?

Is it possible to switch language on english in NPC conversations?

Hm, i wanna report a bug...

I had 3 spears in my inventory and it showed them as spear ×3, which is alright. Then i put one into my weapon slot and the rest of them don't stay in the inventory. If i take it back outta my weapon slot, it's okay again. I can drop or trade just one as well.

I want to report a bug...

It seems spears are bugged. I found some spears and tried to use then. I think the weapon is really used, but the right animation is not. The "Using" animation is made instead of the "spear atack" animation. Take a good look.

EDIT: Holy fuck, travelling takes a lot of time. And most dialogues are in Russian... why not give us some googlenglish, at least?

If you install fallout online, does it affect your ability to play fallout 2? And does it matter if you have any mods installed?

No, you just gotta make two separate folders and COPY critter.dat and master.dat to the FOnline folder.

Lexx said:
Once submitted, they will ship different items (arms, armor, ammunition, spares... etc.) to the entrance of these buildings every in-game day (note that in-game time has increased by 12). Only the player who has activated the base can permit admission to this stuff.
Initial thought; is this solution not a mistake, setting wise? It leaves very little room for raiders. Either have a caravan deliver the things outside or have the caravan deliver the things into the base. :nuclear: Limiting it to players seems wrong and very generic mmorpg.equals(boring)

I have lost dopefish...
will be in the Den in 10 min...
naked...

For the caravan thing i foresee a big battle at the time of rendez vous....

The game could be a lot more fun if it wasn`t so slow, i barely experienced anything in the 1 hour i was playing. Dieing and respawning is probably the biggest frustating moment and there`s a turrent which shoots on sight. Okay i can avoid it but i just don`t get it why it was designed like this except being the admin and laughing at noobs. Yeah i wouldn`t complain if i`d own. :P But still...

Well, yes. I also said that the actual respawning system will be very frustrating for newbies. I will talk later again about this and hope, that it will be changed a bit.

What can I say else? Well... it is russian hardcore. Heh.

It is really really too slow
While the stocks of the merchants are full, the ressource of the world are even scarcier than ever...
During the last time, we got our gear from the npc we killed. Progressively, there was a certain amont of rifle available, just the ammo were hard to find
Now that it is made a lot harder to kill npc, our only way to get a first weapon is to wait for a reboot. And it is made even more scarce with the possibility of stockage... There are even less object in circulation... No more leather armor... where are they? How could we possibly build them if we don't even have the money to buy the pieces...

And beside that, they already are some guy in PA killing on sight with gauss rifle and cars, doing in ten minute what I need one hour to do. I actually play fallout 3 during travel.

I suppose the quests would be a way to have money, but...

Would anyone be so kind and upload the client to rapidshare (or any of the likes) again? The download from the official website stops at exactly 265kb.

Nevermind. Has finally worked after the fifth try.

Well, so far I can say that the following need some tweaking:

The NPC dialogue is mostly in Russian (hell, EVERY NPC I encountered spoke in Russian, with the exception of those who had "text not found" errors. This makes it very difficult for non-russian speaking people to get quests or whatever.

The overland map traveling is too damn slow. you have to spend a whole lot of time to get from point A to point B.

Since I don't speak Russian, I wouldn't know how to use the banking system (or maybe the NPCs that own banks speak English and I have yet to find one).

The radio thing. I noticed that every time you get killed you lose your radio. Can't you guys make it so you can have it on you all the time? Or incorporate it in the PIP Boy.

Maybe the respawning system wouldn't be so frustrating if noobs could get faster to some places where they can stash their loot... and if there weren't rampant PK-ing :P

Other than that, us, English-speaking people need to get our shit together and get organized a bit. Everywhere I turn I see these russians.

Back