Fun things to do!

NatureDruid

First time out of the vault
What fun things did YOU do in Fallout 3?
I (obviously) used the physic engine to create spectacular deaths from the fat man by jumping off the sheriff's house in Megaton and nuking the ground before hitting the bottom.

Most fun part is read all those troll post from people who doesn't like the game at all, but visit this sub-forum all the time.

kyojinmaru said:
Most fun part is read all those troll post from people who doesn't like the game at all, but visit this sub-forum all the time.

My favorite part is closing useless threads after reading a useless post. Oh here it comes!

Firing a mini-nuke in the air at a thirty car pileup, saving, watching my friend's look on his face as he tries to play the game.

Akratus said:
My favorite part is closing useless threads after reading a useless post. Oh here it comes!
Talking about useless posts...

Anyway, you should have started from here:
Censor said:
Most fun was when I pressed the uninstall button and it deleted all files.

The thread's in keeping with the intent of the forum, but if this keeps up, I DO foresee a moderator hitting the scene in the near future.

Anyway, back OT, I've always been quite partial to going out to Old Olney with a dart gun and kiting the entire pack of Deathclaws around the wasteland at geriatric speed. It's been so long that I can't actually remember whether it's possible to lead them to some poor dupe and then vanish into thin air via stealth boy, but it's almost worth re-installation just to try it.

Call me simple, but running around the wasteland with a Rock-It Launcher and some good, beefy ammo (paperweights >>> teddy bears, imo, though I'm sure there were better candidates I'm forgetting) was always kind of fun for a bit, too, if you had the skill to make it deadly. That good solid pneumatic thunk when you pull the trigger and the sight of hefty blunt objects ricocheting off of your foes' anatomy is usually good for a chuckle or two as a change of pace.

Also: Chinstrap beard. Business suit. Stovepipe hat. Incongruous close-range weapon (I.E. nail board, baseball bat, or power fist, though purists can opt for the repeater [or a railway rifle, as long as you refer to it as The Ol' Railsplitter]). Evil Lincoln has arisen to stalk the wastelands of the capital, wreaking vengeance for the derilect state of the Union he strove so hard to preserve. The only crime in Evil Lincoln's America is pissing off Evil Lincoln, and all sentences are arbitrary.

Trying hard, hard, hard to come up with something actually funny to do (that isn't just some quest or whatever) is playing the needle-junkie.

I even got rid of all my money, so I could strive more for it, getting hold of "Med-X" (which we all know is supposed to be morphine!) and shooting up, wearing raggy clothes and stuff. Sometimes making sure to find a damp secluded place to enjoy my dark sweet hell :'O

Modding the game. It's pretty much the only thing I've done with it after finishing the main quest.

kyojinmaru said:

Cool story bro. Irrelevant to this thread. Also, no troll. Was genuinely feeling better after uninstalling.

mobucks said:
Killing beggars. Dragging bodies. Murdering entire towns.
dont forget water. Or church donations. Cant have a bad repution despite of killing all those beggars!

That reminds me... I was actually never able to get a bad reputation. I tried to do as many bad deeds as possible, yet I was always a good guy, due to all the raiders and shit that attacked me in the wastes, which gave me good karma when I killed em all. The only way I could gather a good amount of bad reputation was with blowing up Megaton... But then I also killed this Jericho dude... but I wanted to recruit him for which I needed a bad reputation... blah.

The Sixth Ranger said:
Firing a mini-nuke in the air at a thirty car pileup, saving, watching my friend's look on his face as he tries to play the game.

Oh man, that actually made me chuckle. Did you stand on top of the cars when you did that?

I did something similar with a securitron and 6 packs of C4. He had about 5 seconds of air time xD

CthuluIsSpy said:
The Sixth Ranger said:

Oh man, that actually made me chuckle. Did you stand on top of the cars when you did that?

I did something similar with a securitron and 6 packs of C4. He had about 5 seconds of air time xD
Yes, my friend got about two seconds of playing time before the nuke hit. I also had great fun in New Vegas with C4, mainly blowing up Brahmin.

Censor said:
Cool story bro. Irrelevant to this thread. Also, no troll. Was genuinely feeling better after uninstalling.
Cool story bro. Irrelevant to this thread.

kyojinmaru said:
Censor said:
Cool story bro. Irrelevant to this thread.

Wrong yet again. The uninstall function is provided on the disc. It provided me with the most fun.

Censor said:
kyojinmaru said:

Especially if you have dozens of gigabytes worth of mods installed. There's so much more room for good games, then.

Back