General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jul 9, 2004
    "Playing" the Resident Evil 5 PC Benchmark. Well, not so much playing as marveling at the thought of actually being able to play it *WITH REAL MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT* (What the fuck were you thinking with RE4 capcom? Honestly).

Looks damn good, and doesn't run too badly on my year old machine (56fps avg @1280x1024 on high). Looks like it's shaping up to be another A+ port job (like Devil May Cry 4). Hands-On from Gamespot has nothing but good things to say. They better not fuck it up and leave out (or have local-only) coop.

2. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Unfortunately, the game itself will probably remain as mehish as it was on the 360...

:|

3. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    I recently picked up Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS and I've been playing that pretty much religiously. The Advance Wars games are some of my favorites and this was made by the same people.

4. comscar

comscar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 8, 2009
    I dusted off Fallout Tactics to play again. I never did beat it because of the robots. :\

I have been playing Beyond Good & Evil, too. Had this game sitting around for years and never even played it. Great game.

5. Hoxie

Hoxie King Queer oTO Orderite

May 19, 2008
    Got Blood Bowl and have been trying to play it, not very good just yet but I'm getting a bit better. X3

6. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    CALL OF JAUREZ! This is an amazing American civil war / wild West FPS. I've been pretty impressed so far. -And it came out on my birthday! June 30th.

7. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

May 18, 2003
    The first or second one?

8. PlanHex

PlanHex Legislative Senator oTO Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Nov 4, 2007
    I don't recall the first one having anything to do with the civil war, but the second one did.
    MYSTERY SOLVED

9. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Also, while the first one seemed to have all the ingredients of being a cool Western game, it still managed to somehow suck.

10. Leon

Leon A Smooth-Skin

Oct 10, 2008
    I think a large part of it had to do with the fact that you couldn't harm horses and dead bodies without ending the game. "That's wrong!" That's wrong, my ass, you shoot that fucking horse when I tell you, and don't give me any of this "WE DON'T DO THAT IN THIS GAME" shit.

Also the story was kind of blah, but made for an excellent foundation for the second to be based off of.

That said, I'm playing GTA IV again and it turns out that my brilliant escape plan wasn't so brilliant after all.

11. PlanHex

PlanHex Legislative Senator oTO Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Nov 4, 2007
    Eh, the story for the second one was pretty predictable when you know the one from the first. That's the problem with prequels innit.

Using a bow and arrow was more fun in the first though.
    I remember wading through the game with a general feeling of meh until the rabbit hunting thing where I came in my pants and screamed "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD MAKE RABBIT HUNTING GAME PLZ!"

12. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    Indeed! :P

13. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Orderite Board Cop oTO [REDACTED]

Jul 12, 2009
    Currently playing Namco Museum Essentials. Includes Pac-Man (again with the Pac-Man Namco? This is getting old :wink: ), Galaga :) , Dig Dug, Xevious :) , Xevious Resurrection, and Dragon Spirit :D.

Forgot how frustrating these games can get... :evil:

14. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    I picked up Sniper Elite off of Steam for $8.99.

I had rented it for the PS2 when it first came out, but never finished it before I had to return it.

It's better than I remember it, but when it comes to playing shooters on PC, that's usually the case.

15. NFSreloaded

NFSreloaded Still Mildly Glowing

May 5, 2009
    Good game, but hard at times. It took me days to complete the ''The Schloss'' mission. Too many Soviets, not enough bullets or Panzerfausts to go around.

16. Hoxie

May 19, 2008
    Played and beat Armed And Dangerous the day I got it, damn fun game, looks dated but meh, didn't care about the graphics with how much entertainment I got from it.

Got Sniper Elite for the $8.99 deal as well but haven't started, along with Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour/Mare Nostrum.

What I'm actually playing right now though is Dawn Of War: Winter Assault, the Imperial Guard/Eldar campaign.

17. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    DEATH TO THE SALAD EATERS!

Still need to actually play the game.

Currently running through Arcanum as I can't remember the middle of the story... or much of the end for that matter.
    Playing a gunner with a few points in lockpick as ammo runs out so quickly it's always better to just nick it.

18. Dreadwolf

Dreadwolf First time out of the vault

Oct 24, 2007
    Hey Leon there's only one bullethole in the front window and i can't see any blood on your suit, or face, so that means that you're still good to go!

tires are overrated anyways.

19. Hoxie

May 19, 2008
    Sorry human, we protect plants only. Her name is Lily and she's a big fan of flowers. WE SHALL PROTECT HER WITH OUR LIVES!

The gardening kill-bots are awesome. :D

20. GreyViper

GreyViper Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 2, 2004
    Got nostalgic for Dos Games, so started another Quest for glory marathon this time with mage/fighter hybrid. After that Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession and importing chars to Stone Prophet.