General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Installing Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds + Clone Wars expansion as we speak.

I never grow tired of that one + AoE2.

2. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    I reinstall that whenever I watch Episode 1... or 2... or 3.
    Killing Gungans and Clones with Stormtroopers never gets old.

3. Ulysses

Ulysses It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2008
    Decided to play Blade Runner, Westwood adventure game from 1997. Pretty fun to play, it's a bit on the brief side, but has many different endings (think 13 is claimed, I've only really seen 4 so far).

Also giving Anachronox a go, pretty funny game so far although I'm not a fan of the combat system.

4. JetGirl

JetGirl First time out of the vault

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm playing a mix of Empire: Total War and Civ4.

WOLOLOO!

AoE2 is amazing. Still the number one LAN-game among my friends.
    Never tried Galactic Battlegrounds, maybe I should?

5. alec

May 21, 2003
    Since XP the game doesn't work properly anymore. It'll crash once you get to a certain point.

6. Ulysses

Oct 31, 2008
    Hm, worked ok for me and I've played through twice so far, is it on one particular path only ?

7. alec

May 21, 2003
    I think it freezes in the shooting range or something. It did for me anyway.

8. Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jul 9, 2004
    Just trudged through Half Life:Source.

After beating the original so many times, you'd think I'd have grown bored of it... but this version makes it feel brand new.

Murdering scientists/barneys is SO much more satisfying with ragdoll physics.

9. Ulysses

Oct 31, 2008

Ahh yeah, the range was bugged for me - no targets spawned. Not a big problem anyway.

10. Eternal

Eternal Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2008
    http://www.blackmesasource.com/

I'm so looking forward to that ^.^

---

I'm currently re-playing HL2, Ep1, Ep2. I just beat World of Goo the other day but there I'm not even CLOSE to getting the best scores you can in the game (I think i read its possible to collect up to like 1400 extra goo by the end of the game and I only have a little over 300) I've also been playing Defense Grid which I bought a while back but haven't finished yet. And I just finished Plants Vs Zombies (as in I beat it twice and beat all the extra modes)

I'd like to find a good PC RPG but there aren't really any these days :(

11. Multidirectional

Multidirectional Mildly Dipped

Sep 12, 2008
    Agree. Also you just made me reinstall the thing. Thanks. :D

12. NFSreloaded

NFSreloaded Still Mildly Glowing

May 5, 2009
    Just reinstalled Max Payne 2 again after finishing it 5 years ago. Still love the bullet-time and physics. ;)
    Also installed the latest version of the MegaMod for Fallout 2, but haven't played it yet.

13. Eyenixon

Eyenixon Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 11, 2008
    I'm playing through Creatures but my newly born Norn has a mutation that causes him to an alcoholic.

14. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    I'm playing Touhou 10 Mountain of Faith.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEwf--Nn-Y&feature=related[/youtube]

15. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Going through the Witcher again, with 1.5 patch. I'm trying out the additional adventures and they seem pretty decent. Other than that, I play Icewind Dale 2 with some mods (Ease of Use) and on highest difficulty. Perhaps I'll try the Heart of Fury when I'm done.

Also, I aquired Call of Juarez:Bound in Blood. It has some faults, but it's the best FPP I've played in a long time. I'm not far in it, so I can't recommend it yet, but it looks very promising. Lotsa stylish shootout action.

16. Edmond Dantès

Edmond Dantès It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 15, 2008
    I've just finished Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. It's a very decent shooter, but it only took me around 8-10 hours to finish it. During that time you won't be doing that much different things and the gameplay repeats itself quite clearly once you're some hours into it. It feels very Call of Duty like, in a western setting, but without the forever respawning enemies. Overall, it's solidly done, looks good, has a story and decent to good voice acting.

I don't know whether I would recommend it for the full price though.

Another game I'm playing is Republic: The Revolution. I can understand how it might not have gotten glowing reviews, but at least its a creative idea worked out moderately well. You're basically a faction leader of a political group vying for supremacy over the despotic leader who took away your family, all happening in some post-Soviet-esque country called Novistrana. While you'll be mainly manning the statistics and strategies, which will become boring after a while, and you will be annoyed by missions that detract from the overall objective to win over a town, it's definitely worth giving it a shot to see whether you like it or not. It's very slow paced though, and reminds of the gameplay of Super Powers 2 and Uplink.

How does one not die every 2 seconds in that game? It looks ridiculously and viciously hard.

17. alec

May 21, 2003
    Just reinstalled Planescape:Torment.

Never finished it, so mayhaps I will now.

18. PlanHex

PlanHex Legislative Senator oTO Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Nov 4, 2007
    You should try the multiplayer.
    I only spent a couple of hours in multi (borrowed the game from a friend) and it was pretty good. The different game modes aren't particularly original, but they're damn fun.

Also, I like that one of your good points is "[It] has a story".

19. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    All this talk of Call of Jaurez is making me want to play a cowboy game. I am going to play Bound in Blood but I'm also looking forward to

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOpKJ6hjPIM[/youtube]

20. Eyenixon

Eyenixon Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 11, 2008
    Playing a few scenarios on WINSPMBT, I suck at the modern ones though, I'm so used to WWII wargames that I can't handle units like helicopters properly.