General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I'm not sure about it - the game was created specifically to convince kids that don't know what to do with their lives that joining the army is a great idea.
As for convincing one way or another - I started to understand that war is a bad thing after watching Saving Privater Ryan. Also, Operation Flashpoint did a pretty good job at convincing me that I don't want to be nowhere near a battlefield ;) .

I finished Divine Divinity. Its funniness went downhill in the last parts and its flaws became increasingly apparent, so I guess "decent, nothing more" would adequately describe it. Replay value should be low as well. Still, they get a lot of points for ambition and the mid-game was pretty fun.

ddmj4.jpg

Pelia the rogue considers her next move.

It did make me want to have another go at Arcanum since it's been a few years (or until the flaws of that game spring from memory, at any rate). Maybe a technology-hating dark elf...

Indeed a nice sample of Belgian game engineering! Too bad it's virtually the only game made here that's made it internationally.

I once though of applying for a job there... Ahh why the heck, I think I'll submit my resume anyway - if they still exist. Some freelance betatesting or the likes could be nice, may even get me into the scene.

On second thought - what scene? I'm in f*ing Belgium ^_^

Wr4i7h said:
mr. pastorius said:
(...) and Metal Fatigue. I never was quite sure why MF didn't catch on, it's a pretty good RTS with a fantastic 3D environment.
Ah, I love Metal Fatigue. The combot fights are lovely to just even watch and rushing to obtain enemy parts to research and integrate into your own combots is just neat. Many RTS games use "capture and research" as a means to tip the balance, but the way it's done in MF is very unique and beautifully done. It's a pity that the game is bugged and lacking in other areas.

I'm going to search for that disc tonight! Never finished it, dunno why. It felt like a real good game, I like games that give you the "Lego" feel: build whatever you can imagine!

boer_kameel said:
Indeed a nice sample of Belgian game engineering! Too bad it's virtually the only game made here that's made it internationally.
Outcast springs to mind.
boer_kameel said:
I once though of applying for a job there... Ahh why the heck, I think I'll submit my resume anyway - if they still exist. Some freelance betatesting or the likes could be nice, may even get me into the scene.
you have 10tacle in Belgium and that's about it when it comes to big players, i think...

sure there are plenty of smaller developers, but that's mostly 'on demand' games like webbased promotional Flashgames or cellphone games etc.

boer_kameel said:
On second thought - what scene? I'm in f*ing Belgium ^_^
uhu, and to think belgian colleges/universities are starting up specific gamedevelopment graduate courses... 3 years in game development. where the fuck are they going to find a job?

generalissimofurioso, if you love Odin Sphere check out GrimGrimoire. Same developers (VanillaWare) but it's a 2D RTS RPG game rather than the sidescrolling beat 'em up. Same visual style (basically), but an INCREDIBLE story and awesome characters.

The only downside is at the end of the game some fights can take over an hour to beat, and you can't save in the middle of them :(

I just finished Vampire Rain (finally, thank God). That game is HORRIBLE. If anyone wants Fallout 3 to instantly look like the best game of all time to them, play Vampire Rain.

In the future, all publishers should send out free copies of Vampire Rain with their games to increase review scores.

All 3 :P
I traded in Marvel UUltimate Alliance, and got Factions and Nightfall (I was going to get X3, but they didn't have it)

Well, now that I'm totally bored with Overlord (dieing in the desert over and over again got annoying, prolly finish it later)
I went back to play Bully, god I love this game.
The soundtrack (Fighting nerds, 80's techno. Fighting Greasers, smooth Rockabilly music ect. ect.)
The gameplay, similar if not just like GTA. With out the over the top violence.
And for some reason for me this one doesn't get repetitive like GTA. Not to mention Jimmy is the embodyment of my 15 year old self. Shaved head, freckles, red hair, built but short.

I_eat_supermutants said:
Well, now that I'm totally bored with Overlord (dieing in the desert over and over again got annoying, prolly finish it later)
I never got that far. i quit after getting through the elftree thing. got boring as fuck...

why market a game as evil, if you cant be evil? :(

Well you can be evil, to a degree. It's kind of really flawed. Well it's just the line between good and evil are kind of obvious. There are no grey zones to make you feel as though there a struggle between choices. Either you're evil or not. It doesn't work that well.

Capture ten maidens for your Tower. Evil, but you can just not at all do it. I was looking for a choice, like capture, free, kill, rape, feed to the minions. Something like that. I just felt like my choices were defined for me. Evil, or not. Do it, or don't.

Playing Spellforce 2 and Armageddon Empires, and a little Disgaea 2.
I finally found somewhere that'd ship a copy of Temple of Elemental Evil to the UK so I'll soon be playing that. Hopefully.

Make sure to get the CO8 mod for Temple of Elemental Evil. I found it almost unplayable without the mod and very playable with it. There is some new content, but I believe it's optional so you don't have to do it.

I'm back to playing mods for NWN1. I think I'm gonna start up Arcanum soon and try it with a dumb character. How does it compare with Fallout 2 in that regard? Do you miss out on a lot of quests etc in Arcanum as well?

Starwars said:
Make sure to get the CO8 mod for Temple of Elemental Evil. I found it almost unplayable without the mod and very playable with it. There is some new content, but I believe it's optional so you don't have to do it.
I'm playing ToEE with CO8 mod now but... I expected more content, there are few minor things added and the only major thing I discovered is that after you clear the moat house som witch moves in there. You can kill her and get a map to a small location where you can fight some drows. Other than that, I haven't noticed major changes.

I've picked up the Darkness and love it. It reminds me of Max Payne, only in first person and with darkness powers instead of bullet time. Best shooter I've played in ages.

Back