General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
Just started playing Resident Evil 4.

Worst. Port. Ever.

Seriously, the bad porting turned what could have been a great game into a total clusterfuck.

that's a shame, the Gamecube original is one of the better games I've played in the last few years.

I'm playing Fallout 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance at the moment.

I really enjoy those games, like Tactics Ogre on the SNES

I downloaded the oooooooooold school X-Com: UFO Defense and have been playing the hell out of it recently, superhuman mode is insanely hard yet insanely fun when you know how to set up your base the right way.

I recently completed
- Wasteland (Excellent. Per sure is right to praise it)
- Half-Life 2 (Really, really poor compared to the original. Otherwise, OK and with some very nice moments)
- all the 6 new Sam & Max episodes (Excellent. Episode 5 is brilliant)
- Broken Sword 4 (Much better than BS3, but still very poor compared to the the first two. Still, a good adventure game)

And now I'm reading the manual for Eye of the Beholder 1 and this is the next game I'll play, probably.

Finally managed to get rid of my Planescape: Torment crash problems, and I'm now replaying it for the first time. Haven't played it since shortly after it was released.
Such an excellent game, it's to bad that the combat is so lackluster. But man, this is one of very few games that I actually find touching (even the smaller not-so-important quests).

When I finish this, I'm thinking of giving the new Sam & Max a try. Hopefully they'll be as funny as the old one. 8-)

just got Civ 4 : Beyond the Sword - so far .. one of the best and most expansive expansions of any game :) if you loved Civ 4 this will breathe new life into it.

I started playing Mu Online.

I feel like a junkie who gave up on drugs, and then when taking a walk, stumbled upon a suitcase filled to the brim with cocaine. :D

radnan said:
just got Civ 4 : Beyond the Sword - so far .. one of the best and most expansive expansions of any game :) if you loved Civ 4 this will breathe new life into it.

Awesome.

I am just installing it as we speak. I hope I can get back into it and didn't waste AU$50 on it :P

When I finish this, I'm thinking of giving the new Sam & Max a try. Hopefully they'll be as funny as the old one.

Almost, although some jokes are too blunt (yes, even for Sam & Max)

And be warned that they're very easy. The difficulty only picks up a bit in the last episodes, but if you're looking for a challenging adventure game (like the original was) you might be disappointed.

Still, the puzzles are original and inventive (some even surprisingly so) and overall I think it's a very good sequel.

Finally got myself a copy of Sims 2. (It's so excellent to be behind the cutting edge! So much cheaper!)

Also been playing Fallout 1, of course. Um, a little Deadlock II mixed in there with some Civilization IV. Not to mention several games on my 360.

Most most most currently I had Fallout booted up.

Haha, the whole "colony" thing in Beyond the Sword is a pain in the ass. I miss my worldwide mega-empires. :(
Still, adds another challenge to the game.

SuAside said:
boer_kameel said:
Indeed a nice sample of Belgian game engineering! Too bad it's virtually the only game made here that's made it internationally.
Outcast springs to mind.

Well, that's 2 - thus, "virtually the only one". We don't relase 5 games per year or so... Peanuts, right? ;-)

SuAside said:
'on demand' games like webbased promotional Flashgames or cellphone games etc.
*yawn*... Exciting! My 10y old brother is learning Flash now. Very challenging :zzz:

SuAside said:
boer_kameel said:
On second thought - what scene? I'm in f*ing Belgium ^_^
uhu, and to think belgian colleges/universities are starting up specific gamedevelopment graduate courses... 3 years in game development. where the fuck are they going to find a job?
The Netherlands has had gaming courses for a longer time. What have they released? Davilex stuff like "A10 racer"...
Belgians are known for their international character: As the country is so small, they need their international relationships. I assume those guys will work for the game studio's that are all around...

Maybe some entrepreneurs will start up a game dev studio or 2, or some start making indie games. Still, I don't see a big gaming boom the coming decade in lil' old Belgium.

Ok, ontopic: Playing C&C3 now. Partially for nostalgic reasons, I remember playing C&C1 on a coax lan, together with Mechwarrior...
Well, Kane's back. Again. And some aliens. Really original... The first one was revolutionizing, this is recycling.
Ahh well, at least I've made it to the NOD campaign now. Don't know if this is worth playing over the net, it all feels so "the same" after a while. I even launched JA2 a few times, cause I got bored with C&C.

C&C:TS was pretty boring too. The only thing about it that I liked was the plot and the movies.

Sorrow said:
C&C:TS was pretty boring too. The only thing about it that I liked was the plot and the movies.

The movies? But they were so cheesy!

Final scene for GDI:

Kane: MAHAHAHA! I've won!

That Guy From Terminator and Aliens: NOOOO!! *thwap*

Kane: *falls down into bottomless pit* waaaaah!

THE END

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword is great. There are mods that turn it into a HoMM style Fantasy strategy and even one that turns it into a sci-fi tactical turn-based game that's more like UFO than Civ.

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword is great. There are mods that turn it into a HoMM style Fantasy strategy and even one that turns it into a sci-fi tactical turn-based game that's more like UFO than Civ.
And a weird kind of Civ Defense, which is giving you a bunch of gold and a city and sending wave after wave of enemies at you.

Great game, albeit a bit buggy here and there. I've started to like Civ IV better than Civ III now.

Back