General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Playing it too, loving it so far. Hoping they remake DS2 and then completely redos DS3.
See, we didn't really need a remake of DS1
But considering it has been 10 years since the last one and Callysto Protocol was a bit of a let down, it's a great comeback to the series. If anything we do need another New game set in the DS universe but for all i know EA could very well remake the whole trilogy. I'm not against it but fuck it i'm getting Resident Evil 4 even though i played the OG to death

See, we didn't really need a remake of DS1
All they did was add bloat like side missions and make the graphics pretty. Hence why i didn't bothered to buy it because the original still looks and plays great.

I am surprised that the original is still available and it's just 20 bucks to boot.

All they did was add bloat like side missions and make the graphics pretty. Hence why i didn't bothered to buy it because the original still looks and plays great.

I am surprised that the original is still available and it's just 20 bucks to boot.
The original does hold up. More people should play it. But if you have to spend on $20 on it just go pirate it or get and old copy for PS3 or 360

Hi-Fi Rush Review:

- JSRF influenced
- some Borderlands corporate parody
-average gameplay, didn't enjoy the timing musical gimmick to get good enough at. Just button mashed.
- levels are too linear
- game too easy even on hard
- dont like the main characters or their interactions. Just really meh. Maybe I'm too old for this game.

Kinda makes me want to go play Nier again. Willing to bet Bomb Rush Cyberfunk will be better.

6.5ish/10 (decent)

[Deponia!]

Endearing, really endearing, and adorable too, love the characters, the writing is sublime, I can find so much joy in adventure games if I just overlook the puzzles. you will sometimes play a game where the pure distilled love from the developers bleeds through and you just feel that the developers love video games... those are my favorite video games.

I've recently started Pillars of Eternity. It had a pretty slow start but things started getting really interesting near the end of act 1. The combat and spell mechanics are pretty similar to the infinity engine games while being different enough to feel fresh.

I also love the pre-rendered backgrounds. Some locations are honestly just breathtaking to look at. The graphics in general resemble TOEE but with better animations.

The only problem really so far is the game can get overly descriptive at times and there is a lot of dialogue. I don't mind it too much however because there is so much variety of skills and attributes that effects the dialogue which gives the game some extra replayability and also because the writing is excellent.

In Pillars, I had the misfortune of traveling through a one-way wall of thorns—bypassing a tough fight. After clearing the area that followed I later found that the next area after that one was just too tough for my group, and (with their resources depleted, and no way to rest without twigs—terrible mechanic btw) they could never survive the fight that they had unknowingly bypassed [it blocks the only exit from the cavern], and so they could never return to the surface to rest—even though they had an entirely vacant and safe level in between the two hostile areas to rest in. It halted all progress in the game and wiped out the party. My only save was from days prior.

I quit for the night, and simply haven't played it since; this was years ago.

Last edited:
In Pillars, I had the misfortune of traveling through a one-way wall of thorns—bypassing a tough fight. After clearing the area that followed I later found that the next area after that one was just too tough for my group, and (with their resources depleted, and no way to rest without twigs—terrible mechanic btw) they could never survive the fight that they had unknowingly bypassed [it blocks the only exit from the cavern], and so they could never return to the surface to rest—even though they had an entirely vacant and safe level in between the two hostile areas to rest in. It halted all progress in the game and wiped out the party. My only save was from days prior.

I quit for the night, and simply haven't played it since; this was years ago.

Deja Vu ? I've seen you say that before. I am not being smug but I save and save frequently. All that 'save scum' derision is silly.

I remember the setting you describe and exactly the same happened to me. It is very easy to get to a part that is way too difficult to make further headway.

DAO was very similar, I often had to abandon the end part of scenarios by backtracking from a SAVE.
Returning later to complete.

Sometimes after completing games, Deus Ex in particular, I would load up a hard copy save then have a playthrough without making any kind of save.

That's why you periodically manual save.

Personally I've tried to get into Pillars 3 times and never finished it. Furthest I got was the second hub city.
I have it on my last backlog (when I can be arsed to get around to it) to try it one final time and then I give up.
Something about that game Just never grabbed me proper. I think a part of it is how much it screams "kickstarter game" and it kinda takes me out of it.

That's why you periodically manual save.

Personally I've tried to get into Pillars 3 times and never finished it. Furthest I got was the second hub city.
I have it on my last backlog (when I can be arsed to get around to it) to try it one final time and then I give up.
Something about that game Just never grabbed me proper. I think a part of it is how much it screams "kickstarter game" and it kinda takes me out of it.

I bought this PC I am on because gaming magazines such as PC Gamer were raving about Pillars. I did play it and finish it but overall I was disappointed. Swapping and changing followers so you could do their missions bored me shitless. A dated format with nothing new. Find a fresh apple inside a barrel ffs, talk about playing it safe. I came to the same conclusion as yourself. Kickstarter.

I've played all the King's Bounty games the combat was fun, maybe a bit simplistic. The news KsB does not look that good. A 4X type of game with lots of cutscenes.

I may try it if it goes bargain bucket. Anyone played it ?

I completed 30 odd missions in " I am not a monster first contact ". Strategy/tactics game with camp graphics.

Yes; I have all of them. I also have all of the Disciples series games. The first time I played Disciples 2, I played non-stop for eighteen hours.

Ok cool. That's old school, bake a pizza head down and have a session. Been there, done that :).

The question is after the 18 hours as a tester, did you stick with it?

Oh yes, I completed the ones I have played, and will play them again. I have not yet played the most recent three Disciples games or KB Warriors of the North, but I do intend to do so.

I've seen Disciples has a hex layout for combat. The earlier games look ok but combat are static. I played Lords of Xulima but tired of the combat quickly.

Have you bought the new King's Bounty ? It looks a bit of a mess, what I've seen.

I used is (singular) instead of are (plural). 1024 apologies.

Last edited:
I LIVE!

I finally played through Dying Light 2- had a fun time. I really enjoyed the parkour mechanics- killing zombies is always a guilty pleasure.
Finally replaying the Baldur's Gate games, playing as a Gnome Fighter/Illusionist and having a great time. Trying to finish up the last 2 base game achievements in F:NV (The courier who broke the bank & Hardcore), also doing the same for Skyrim.

After finishing up classes and being in between jobs I've had a lot of time to play games.

Last edited:
Back