General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Hitman Blood Money: great game once you beat it you can always replay your favorite levels over and over to discover something new or come up with your own twisted goal aside from killing the target/s

I love the butcher knives in that game it leaves a bloody trail when you drag the body, just like in real life and then when someone follows it you can hit them with a fire extinguisher in the back of the head, just like in real life…

I also stared doing my yearly run of Fallout 2 over the weekend.

Galactic Civilizations freakin' rules! I love the game. So many customizable options and the AI is very humanlike and doesn't fall for simple trickery that I've used in other strategy games.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Lord Of The Rings Online, friend suggested we try it out. Wasnt expecting much, but its rather good with its deed system and classes offer interesting variety.

I've recently been playing through a bunch of short mods for NWN2 that were made for Obsidians first mod-contest. The theme was "The Grimm's Fairy Tales".

I think most of the mods were quite playable (actually higher than my admittedly low expectations). My favourite is "The Birthday" which I found really excellent for such a short mod, and I highly recommend it to anyone still having NWN2 installed on their computer.

I'm thinking of digging through my old boxes and finding/reinstalling Temple of Elemental Evil. I never finished it on my first playthrough, and can barely remember anything except that I found the combat to be some of the best turnbased combat I've played, and that I didn't enjoy much of the rest of it.
Anyone think it's worth firing up again?

Yes, but make sure to get the fan made "Circle of Eight" patch.

Right now I'm working my way through another Space Rangers 2 campaign. Its such a weird game, I love it. In addition, I'm doing some table top gaming with a Geheimkrieg style skirmish/rpg game, only set in modern times. They're dead they're... all messed up.

I'm currently playing through Mafia again, and once I'm finished the campaign, i plan to mess about on the free ride extreme mode, then try out some of the mods I'm seeing. You gota love Mafia.

I am Playing

Black
Sometimes I need to shoot a few people.

Final Fantasy XII
Someone bought it for me... Good play so far.

Mercenaries: The Song Initiative
I like games where you earn money to buy stuff although that feature us pretty limited. I wish they made it more like E-Nova.

All are on PS2

Pokemon Diamond :oops:

But hey, it's fun with my friends and it can be entertaining.

On the PC Rise Of Legends (when I have time... which was like, a month ago) and Warcraft 3 (Only Tower Defense)

I was playing Supreme Commander but after finishing the UEF campaign, I got sick of the game running so poorly even on 1024 * 768. I can tolerate games at 30 FPS but 10 FPS is too little. I'm currently going over Hammer and Sickle again and plan to tackle Silent Storm and Sentinels afterwards.

Soldat with my Wunderwaffe 1975 mod, X-Com3 with my X-Com3 Revisited mod and Fallout with FDM.

Heh :) . It's still in progress. Basically it's a mod that brings back the lethality of X-Com: Ufo Defence combat and changes some of equipment stats. More info is available here.

Trackmania United, I am not a big fan of car games but this one is really addictive & you can make wicked tracks with the editor.

mirdza said:
Sorrow said:
Laser Squad - The ancestor of X-Com series. I played it a lot on my C-64 when I was in primary school.

Thought I was the only one, Laser Squad was my all time best ever game on C64, once I played it for 6 months continuously, without loading any other game.

Wow, it was my favourite on my STE, and it is one of the two games I still play on it (the other one is Speedball 2). It took me years to find it (I first played it at my cousin's home, but they lost it afterwards). The Laser Squad Nemesis sequel lacks the part where you equiped your men :)

Tannhauser said:
P.S. - Another reason to play King of Dragon Pass:
Damn, I've been searching for this game for years. Where could I get it? (that's the main reason why I resurected the thread, sorry about that :o )

Starwars said:
I installed The Fall: Last Days of Gaia today and just played a bit (german version with the english mod).

I haven't run into anything particularly bad as of yet, but it seems pretty... uninteresting so far. I hope it gets better because I'm pretty bored right now.

I have played a dozen hours or so, and I have been thinking the same: It is not horrible, but definitely bland: the story is mediocre, the characters have much less personnality than the mercs of Jagged Alliance, and the combat is made uninteresting by the horrible ennemy AI, and the need to focus fire every soldier on a single ennemy to take him down because of the retardedely low damages. Soldiers of Anarchy was much better IMO.
I like the survival part, though, and some aspects of character customization are fun (although completely unbalanced).

Currently, I'm currently ending Darklands (I wish I knew of this game earlier. It's much better than Ishar2 I played at the same time...), and Knights of Honor, but the lack of challenge makes the game falls short of its great potential,

Back