Goddammit, I hate being wrong - showrunners fucked New Vegas

They're definitely not the same thing or else government officials would be in Vault 31 and not Vault-Tec executives. The Enclave wouldn't have been on the Poseidon oil rig.

Vault 31 is just mid-level managers like Bud rather than the actual Vault-higher ups, isn't it?

Vault 31 is just mid-level managers like Bud rather than the actual Vault-higher ups, isn't it?
No they are executives. Everyone in 31 was either a Vault-Tec executive or an executive assistant like Hank and Betty. Bud's Buds is the program for running the ideological experiment to create a race of perfect middle managers.

I mean they literally could make anything and it would have a far huger market than Fallout--even the massively expanded Fallout market that Bethesda created.
Uh, no, they can’t make literally anything they want. I’m sure they would rather make a Star Wars TV show because that has a massive pre-existing audience, but they don’t have the rights to that. They could’ve made something original, but that wouldn’t have any pre-existing audience at all.

And I’m not necessarily levying these complaints against the showrunner himself. I don’t think he’s some greedy corporate suit, I’m sure he loved the Bethesda Fallouts and jumped at the chance to make a TV adaption of them. But let’s not pretend that the reason everything nowadays is a reboot or remake or sequel isn’t because of purely financial motivations.

Uh, no, they can’t make literally anything they want. I’m sure they would rather make a Star Wars TV show because that has a massive pre-existing audience, but they don’t have the rights to that. They could’ve made something original, but that wouldn’t have any pre-existing audience at all.

And I’m not necessarily levying these complaints against the showrunner himself. I don’t think he’s some greedy corporate suit, I’m sure he loved the Bethesda Fallouts and jumped at the chance to make a TV adaption of them. But let’s not pretend that the reason everything nowadays is a reboot or remake or sequel isn’t because of purely financial motivations.

I think you severely underestimate just how much pull the Nolan family has.

No matter how much the Fallout has a fanbase among gamers, it'd never be anywhere near what they could gather just by being themselves.

If the writers don't give a shit about continuity or any internal consistency, then i won't waste my time watching your show. Simple.

So, if you think that lore/continuity denotes quality or is the reason you go into an experience like a movie or a tv show --well, that's the reason why you're on this dead forum and they're in Hollywood.

touch-grass-touch.gif

This is true, but I don’t understand the need for attitude at the end there. Whether made with the series’ lore or canon in mind or not it’s still a new entry to the series which is bound to generate discussion on a fan site.
Because gamers really don't understand what creates a quality product or good experience. Cataloging lore like it's the talmud misses the point

So, if you think that lore/continuity denotes quality or is the reason you go into an experience like a movie or a tv show --well, that's the reason why you're on this dead forum and they're in Hollywood.
And yet, you came here to bitch and moan in this dead forum, the sheer fucking irony. You are the one that needs to touch grass if you only come here to bitch about complainers.

Also, what people do with their time is none of your fucking business. Worry about yourself, people don't need your concern.

Because some people want to feel superior and special, when in reality they should mind their business if they are gonna be far more obnoxious than the complainers themselves.
That's the third person I've asked that since joining, all of them have been a part of this forum for close to or well over a decade.

I mean only a tiny selection of fans draw any real difference. And justifiably so.
Bruh you're an actual schizo if you really think there's no difference between how the west coast games treat the setting as compared to the east coast games.

Most people don't draw a distinction because they're super casual fans that played the 3d games and took one look at the old games and said "wow I don't care enough about those series to give that a shot" there are droves of nufans who will admit this.

Chris Avellone are both sitting back to enjoy it.
???
based.jpg

So, if you think that lore/continuity denotes quality or is the reason you go into an experience like a movie or a tv show

I would generally put more stock in the writing quality when it came to denoting quality of a movie or TV show in which this series was laughably poorly written. In an adaption lore is expected to be altered to fit the narrative, however the problem is that Bethesda blindly labels this canon in which there is fundamental inconsistency and merit for criticism and comparison to the games no matter how old they are. Can’t believe I have to explain basic media literacy to people, but here we are.

well, that's the reason why you're on this dead forum and they're in Hollywood.

>Dead forum
So why are you here lol?

Also imagine using Hollywood writers as some sort of gotcha against random people online.

I assume you read his other comments?

None of this is praise for the show as a falout product tho? Walton goggins being a good actor is hardly a hot take.

Honestly even if he did like it it doesn't matter. Appeal to authority in this way is goofy. Especially when you're using a writer who is on record for wanting to destroy the setting

Why should we care what Chris Avellone thinks? We don't have to defer to authorities in order to interpret art and understand for ourselves that the show is a piece of shit.

Probably because he helped make Fallout 2 and New Vegas.
And? You don't need authorial intent to interpret art. Alex Garland made a movie with visual language that gives the complete opposite impression of what he intended with Civil War. And moreover, Chris Avellone is not an author of the TV show, so his opinions are his own and we don't have to defer to them as being authoritative. If he says something interesting then that's nice, but that's just him saying it.

Back