Gun Control

Mad Max + Boston region = red headed weird leprachaun-style character.
Corpus3.jpg
With Boston in mind it's basically a smaller, redheaded, healthier version of Moviebob.

I understand sarcasm and I also understand that when people are called on what they say, they usually hide behind the sarcasm excuse. Where a drunk person will say whatever they believe because the alcohol removes the filter, people use sarcasm to thinly veil what they really believe. You have made it abundantly clear on many occasions that you think America is a very violent place and it would do better for us to follow your Euro ways.

Otherwise, that was just a useless shit post and you Crni, don't usually shit post.

And while I agree with you on not making a fetish out of gun culture, it still doesn't mean your way of doing things is better. In Germany, from what you have described, I might as well not bother to own a gun as the hoops one has to jump through makes it incredibly irritating. Another thing, from what I remember, you cannot even own the cool type of guns as they are banned, with only regular rifles and shotguns the only choice available.

I don't think I ever said the US has to make it exactly like Germany, what I was talking about is GUN CULTURE here, that I find MUCH better in places like Germany, Switzerland and a few other European Countries.

I REPEAT! I DO NOT THINK THE US CAN JUST CLONE GERMAN GUN REGULATIONS.

And I think I mande that quite often clear. But I do believe that Germany, as a society has a decent gun culture, not perfect, but not one where weapons are as heavily fetishised like in the United States. I think the US could do a lot better if it took maybe some leassons of other nations. Why not? No one here says that you can or should simply copy them, but it doesn't huirt to look at what works, why it works and see what you can adabt from it. Europe certainly is taking a lot of good things from the US as well.

I don't think I ever said the US has to make it exactly like Germany, what I was talking about is GUN CULTURE here, that I find MUCH better in places like Germany, Switzerland and a few other European Countries.

I REPEAT! I DO NOT THINK THE US CAN JUST CLONE GERMAN GUN REGULATIONS.

And I think I mande that quite often clear. But I do believe that Germany, as a society has a decent gun culture, not perfect, but not one where weapons are as heavily fetishised like in the United States. I think the US could do a lot better if it took maybe some leassons of other nations. Why not? No one here says that you can or should simply copy them, but it doesn't huirt to look at what works, why it works and see what you can adabt from it. Europe certainly is taking a lot of good things from the US as well.
Gonna be honest with ya and a couple of other people in the thread. Saying Americans should change our gun culture is like asking us to change our entire culture and ignore the events of our founding. The U.S was founded on the idea of being free from heavy regulations and authoritarian ideas, every man deserves to have some form of weapon/firearm in their own home and on their person, to deny them this right would break everything the founding fathers stood for. When Americans spread west they held order by the gun, when Government politicians tried creating their own order they were brought down by the gun. People in Europe never grew up with guns but you sure as hell grew up with swords and arrows, and you people sure fetishize about them. Weapons and the US military ARE our culture and can't be changed because of bureaucrats in the old world or a bunch of rich kids get paid by other rich people to cry about gun violence like they actually give a shit.

A long time ago yanks stole the land from Native Americans and genocided them all into oblivion. Then a bunch of them, toothless old dudes with weird wigs, wrote weird crap down on piece of parchment while totally sauced up. Today yanks are these huge, fat balls of lard due to an unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle, these balls of lard roll down the street in USA. The balls of lard are also medicated by the 'big pharma'. The balls of lard are also armed, they have a gun in each hand and as they roll down the street they indiscriminately fire in all directions. Because of the weird stuff that was written down on a piece of parchment long ago.

And me, as a non-yank, am supposed to be impressed or something by all that shiet?

It's like the League of Fatties from Judge Dredd except more chaotic.
latest

A long time ago yanks stole the land from Native Americans and genocided them all into oblivion. Then a bunch of them, toothless old dudes with weird wigs, wrote weird crap down on piece of parchment while totally sauced up. Today yanks are these huge, fat balls of lard due to an unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle, these balls of lard roll down the street in USA. The balls of lard are also medicated by the 'big pharma'. The balls of lard are also armed, they have a gun in each hand and as they roll down the street they indiscriminately fire in all directions. Because of the weird stuff that was written down on a piece of parchment long ago.

And me, as a non-yank, am supposed to be impressed or something by all that shiet?

It's like the League of Fatties from Judge Dredd except more chaotic.
latest

Gt+falling+for+this+_c6ffbb2d5860119cf587f657a3da6cad.png

I do usually find adorable the 200 year old nation to think its traditions are abnormal, immutable, or, well, *not* born from genocide and bloodshed. Fetishizing firearms is understandable lads, you don't need to go "let me tell you the story of my people" about it. If it's a shitty aspect of a culture there's little more reason not to change, reform or remove it than you'd have of popping a zit, it may hurt but "as is" isn't good enough. If that's a notion you'd disagree with there's essentially literally nothing negative you can say about another nation without falling as a hypocrite. Which you already may be, considering "much fat bureaucrats" totally has not a representative in the anti gun reform side that has no interests on the matter at all.

I think top meme is the "US Military" part though because even if a martial tradition of worship and idolization of the armed forces is, to say the least, worrying, it's barely the US that did that anymore as of this current generation and foreign intervention getting even more and more blatantly reprehensible.

Also this fetishisation of the military is as far as the United States goes, actually a rather recent thing, which has its root in the Vietnam war when the military was in a real crysis with its image and representation in the public, it took a long time and a lot of advertising to change that again. It also shows, that each political side, not just the left, has their sacred cows, their 'SJWS', their 'poilitical correctness' and 'trigger warnings'. We just name it differently. Identiy politics and tribalism is a common issue today and not just of one party or one political group. I mean on the right and conservative side, you have the idea of (natural) hirachies, a strong military (security), low governemt interference and so on. Question those, and you become a pariah. Just as if you would question (asolute) equality or the gender pay gab on the left/progressive. I find it often interesting how scepticism, is almost always exclusively limited to the position of the opposition.

I do usually find adorable the 200 year old nation to think its traditions are abnormal, immutable, or, well, *not* born from genocide and bloodshed. Fetishizing firearms is understandable lads, you don't need to go "let me tell you the story of my people" about it. If it's a shitty aspect of a culture there's little more reason not to change, reform or remove it than you'd have of popping a zit, it may hurt but "as is" isn't good enough. If that's a notion you'd disagree with there's essentially literally nothing negative you can say about another nation without falling as a hypocrite. Which you already may be, considering "much fat bureaucrats" totally has not a representative in the anti gun reform side that has no interests on the matter at all.

I think top meme is the "US Military" part though because even if a martial tradition of worship and idolization of the armed forces is, to say the least, worrying, it's barely the US that did that anymore as of this current generation and foreign intervention getting even more and more blatantly reprehensible.
Why do you even want it to change, you don't even live in the U.S.

Why do you even want it to change, you don't even live in the U.S.
...what? You can apply the same logic to anything, why do you care about Oklahoma if you live in Kentucky? About next town over? About your neighbors? A, basic empathy and B, I don’t know. It could be that it’s the topic in this thread?

What would you even say to people who share this opinion and live in the US?

If you believe that the people should voluntarily disarm whilst a government with a history of overextending its power and militarizing its police is attempting more and more to dictate peoples lives is comparable to popping a zit you are a moron.

Boo hoo. Symyls, dummy. But that’s not a problem you can fight back against with armed civilians, sure as hell not anymore. People seem to think they’re still in the cusp of the independence war I fucking swear

If you’re not to account the intent of 7 out of every 10 Americans I think you’re already in that authoritarian nightmare you’re supposed to be preventing.

...what? You can apply the same logic to anything, why do you care about Oklahoma if you live in Kentucky? About next town over? About your neighbors? A, basic empathy and B, I don’t know. It could be that it’s the topic in this thread?

What would you even say to people who share this opinion and live in the US?
There's a difference between giving an opinion and straight up saying "guns bad, you shouldn't have them."

Uhm, it might be extreme yeah, but it's still an opinion.

*Edit

I also think this gun owner talks a lot of sense here:

Last edited:
There's a difference between giving an opinion and straight up saying "guns bad, you shouldn't have them."
It certainly would be inappropriate, if I had said that. Maybe closer to "guns not particularly great, psychopaths shouldn't have them" if you want to infer.

It certainly would be inappropriate, if I had said that. Maybe closer to "guns not particularly great, psychopaths shouldn't have them" if you want to infer.
And not everyone is a psychopath, having them turn in their guns is the dumbest thing anyone could do since you're pretty much asking them to give in anything that could keep their own Government from screwing them over cough Nazi Germany cough

And not everyone is a psychopath, having them turn in their guns is the dumbest thing anyone could do since you're pretty much asking them to give in anything that could keep their own Government from screwing them over cough Nazi Germany cough

First off, I am on your side so don't jump down my throat for this, but you ain't going to win with this argument (trust me we have been at this for awhile) they seem to think that the best words the government will ever say are "we are here to help".

Back