Hearing "War never changes" in Fallout 4 is so cringeworthy.

Very. By the way, i was the only person that thinks they tried to mask that Ron Perlman is not the voiceover on the intro? At the trailer the Nate actor tries to mimic RP...
And yeah, war never changes. Too bad that this does not mean ANYTHING or is REPRESENTED by anybody/any situation beyond "ppl fighting in the future haha dummies"

I concur. However, I do not concur with the statement "War never changes", of course it can change, we just need to kick out all the greedy corporations and governments that start and prolong these wars, start sharing all this planets natural resources instead of killing each other trying to steal them.

I concur. However, I do not concur with the statement "War never changes", of course it can change, we just need to kick out all the greedy corporations and governments that start and prolong these wars, start sharing all this planets natural resources instead of killing each other trying to steal them.

Sadly, I don't think that'll happen. I personally want world peace and war to end but I also realize it isn't achievable due to humanities lust for fighting.

This would have been an epic opening scene, had they A. Got Ron Perlman to do it and B. Stopped forcing emotion upon your character in the first 5 f**king seconds of the game.

Yeah, I can't stand hearing it on any of the games now. I think it's because Fallout New Vegas answered it with "war never changes, but people do". After that, the phrase just feels so superficial. It's just an empty slogan that kicked off the series, but now Bethesda uses it constantly as the series' stupid "catchphrase". I can't stand seeing Vault Boy anymore either.

The whole opening scene is cringeworthy. It's way to cinematic, try to be dramatic and emotional, but fail at it. FO1 and FO2 managed to do way much more with just some archive pictures from WW2 and the Cold War.

"War never changes" When this was used in Fallout 1, it made sense because it was your first time seeing this hellish wasteland that was once America, only to realize that wars were still being waged. After that, it didn't need to be used anymore, but at least in Fallout 2, the phrase wasn't absolutely driven into the ground. It's the same type of thing with the Vault Boy. In Fallout 1 and 2, he was just a little icon used to represent Vault-Tech that didn't show up much in the game besides on your Pipboy. Now, he's everywhere in newer Fallout games.

"War never changes"? More like "Catchphrases never change"

Yeah, I can't stand hearing it on any of the games now. I think it's because Fallout New Vegas answered it with "war never changes, but people do". After that, the phrase just feels so superficial. It's just an empty slogan that kicked off the series, but now Bethesda uses it constantly as the series' stupid "catchphrase". I can't stand seeing Vault Boy anymore either.

I thought it helped make it seem like a hopeful message.

Hearing Bethesda's random-randy voice actor read "War Never Changes" is like hearing a KKK member read the Emancipation Proclamation. Chances are they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Exactly why I never play as Nate. His first line made me hate ever wanting to play as a male in Fo4.

Back