Hi-Res Patches for Fallout1&2 & the BIS Mapper

Mash

Vault Engineer
Modder
This program modifies Fallout's game executable in memory for the purposes of increasing the visual resolution, playing in a window and other enhancements.

Fallout2 Hi-Res Patch
Currently Supported versions of the "Fallout2.exe" are:
US 1.02d
UK 1.02e
French 1.02d
German 1.02d
Chinese 1.02?
Russian 'Lev Corp'

Version 4.1.8 Change log:
Fixed a bug that may cause a crash when restoring a maximized window after adjusting the 2X scaler.
Fixed a typo in Russian ScrnSet.msg translation - fix supplied by Drobovik
Fixed transitional fade not displaying from Main-menu to Load screen.
Made it possible to use Alternate Mouse Input with Sfall's graphic modes.
Fallout2_High_Resolution_Patch_4.1.8
Vault-Tec Labs:Fallout2 High Resolution Patch info & change-log

Fallout1 Hi-Res Patch
Currently Supported versions of the "Falloutw.exe" are:
US 1.1
TeamX Patch 1.2 (Executable included in TeamX's Fallout 1 patch)
Fallout Restoration Mod 1.2 (Executable included in Wasteland Ghost's Fallout 1 mod)
Polish 1.2
Fallout Collection (PC DVD) WHITE LABEL 1.2

Version 4.1.8 Change log:
Fixed a bug that may cause a crash when restoring a maximized window after adjusting the 2X scaler.
Fixed a typo in Russian ScrnSet.msg translation - fix supplied by Drobovik
Fixed transitional fade not displaying from Main-menu to Load screen.
Replaced HALLDED.edg file, removing the angled edge obstructing the view to the North/East on the 2nd map level. - edge file supplied by Sduibek
Most features comparable to version 4.1.8 of the Fallout2 Hi-Res Patch.
Aditional features:
An option in the "f1_res.ini" to reduce CPU usage.
An option in the "f1_res.ini" to enable double-click running.(On by default)
The flickering screen fix is now always on and is not adjustable in the f1_res.ini.
Fallout1_High_Resolution_Patch_4.1.8
Vault-Tec Labs:Fallout1 High Resolution Patch info & change-log

Mapper2 Hi-Res Patch
Features comparable to version 3.0.2 of the Fallout2 Hi-Res Patch.
Added a new window to setup angled clipping, used to clean up some original maps.
Added a button to the iFace-Bar to toggle Block Object Viewing.
Added a button to the iFace-Bar to open the Map Edge Setup Window.
Added a toggle button to view all map edge lines.
The Map Edge Setup Window has been overhauled and should be far more intuitive to use.
Added an option in the top-bar settings menu to switch between hi-res and original blockers.
Added an option in the m2_res.ini to increase the max number of scripts to 10000.(by Timeslip)
Mapper2 High Resolution Patch v3.0.2

Here's a link to some Screen Shots Mostly taken using the Mapper2.

Last edited:
I've made a quick update to sfall to make dx9 mode compatible with your patch. I've been playing with sfall set to 1280x1024 and the in game resolution set to 800x600, and haven't notice any problems that you haven't already covered in your readme. I don't have time to test windowed mode right now though...

Nice work anyway. I was wondering what mod you were working on that required a dll. :) Sorry I didn't respond to your request for sfall to load dll's; I do still intend to do it once my exams are over.

Now you just need to find someone to alter every single one of the maps to add some landscape outside of the normal borders. :P

Small question from me: Would it be possible to upscale the screen resolution without dx9 mode? Because, I want to change completely to Ubuntu but for Fallout modding I need to install a virtual machine (because Sfall will not work with Wine, of course). The game works fine and so on, but I can only run it in a small 640x480px window. If I change my desktop resolution to 640x480px, everything is ok, but I don't want to change the resolution everytime.

The virtual machine doesn't support dx9 as far as I can see, so the game crashs, if I start it.

Timeslip said:
Nice work anyway. I was wondering what mod you were working on that required a dll. :) Sorry I didn't respond to your request for sfall to load dll's; I do still intend to do it once my exams are over.

Thanks Timeslip,
Take all the time you need, and good luck on your exams. :D

Dude101 said:
Global.fx will not work with this plus SFall:
Neither does software scaling, or the load_shader script function; I just did the bare minimum to get dx9 mode working for those who need it to fix the black screen bug. The non-essential extras can wait.

actually, i just clicked "open with" and choose winrar and it worked. weird. thanks anyway! can't wait to try it out!!!

cheers!

This is a most excellent mod, can we hope for a Mapper2.exe version? Especially since the Mapper is just like the game in that it has one large interface bar placed at the bottom, covering about 1/5 of the screen's height, same size as the in-game one.

TF said:
This is a most excellent mod, can we hope for a Mapper2.exe version? Especially since the Mapper is just like the game in that it has one large interface bar placed at the bottom, covering about 1/5 of the screen's height, same size as the in-game one.

The Mapper is on my list. :)
At the moment I'm working on making my fallout2 patch compatible with the UK 1.02e and the French and German 1.02d versions. I've also made a start on a fallout1 resolution patch. Things have been progressing smoothly enough but I'm not going to give out any ETAs at the moment.

awesome job !! Ill try it asap on my 24 inch 1920*1200 tft, god i cant imagine playing this game on my hd television soon hrhr :)

would this hack work for the 1.1 restoration project ? Killap ?

Back