Hi-Res Patches for Fallout1&2 & the BIS Mapper

sonil said:
looks great

I have tested that the patch cannot used for chinese (Traditional) edition.So can you make a new patch for chinese (Traditional) edition? Thank you :roll: :roll:

u can get the .exe here:
http://hellobmw.com/downloads/fallout2.zip

I just finished finding the offsets for the other versions, so I will take a look at this next.
As long as there are no big surprises it will be included in the next release. :)

Hey guys, great community here.

Who would have though fallout would be still alive after all these years...

I remember the first time I got pulverized by a random enclave patrol....

O well

Here's my problem:

crit.jpg

I get that with the resize patch installed, uninstalled it and Fo 2 works like a charm.

I also have killaps unoffical patch.

(btw I installed killaps patch on a 1.00 version because I cannot run the 1.02d patches, I have Vista 64)

problems with "the memory could not be read from" is a recurrent problem and not exclusive to fallout. :p

It means that one or more dlls have been replaced by others versions (sometimes custom).

Try to find another version of ddraw or to restore windows dll using you CD.

I don't remember the process but you can find many information on that on Internet.

I'm having some troubles... When I run Fallout2.exe, I get this "Memory Check Failed!" message about 20 times, showing many different 'offsets'. Then the game runs, but not with the Resolution Patch.
I have installed Killap's Patch, City Limit Patch and Timeslip's Engine Tweaks.
Here's a screenshot:
desktopzq3.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Lexx said:
Small question from me: Would it be possible to upscale the screen resolution without dx9 mode? Because, I want to change completely to Ubuntu but for Fallout modding I need to install a virtual machine (because Sfall will not work with Wine, of course). The game works fine and so on, but I can only run it in a small 640x480px window. If I change my desktop resolution to 640x480px, everything is ok, but I don't want to change the resolution everytime.

The virtual machine doesn't support dx9 as far as I can see, so the game crashs, if I start it.

It seems to be possible to use sfall on linux, too. Though I wasn't able to reproduce that, yet.

See:

Install a small utility called "sfall" (slightly modified ddraw.dll), set the dll override for "ddraw" to "(native,builtin)" in 'winecfg' (Libraries tab-> add override) and the mouse cursor behaves nicely again. Other benefits of sfall includes custom resolutions, scale filters, tweaks for encounter rate, world map travel time, removal of the 13 year game time limit.

Note: Several of the player-made mods and patches already include the sfall ddraw.dll.

source: winehq

But I could imagine that the high resolution patch is a different story to tell. Nevertheless thanks for your great work Mash :)

Mash - I`ve got a small question. Your patch works just fine, but is there a way to lock down screen scrolling to limited values - like it was before, so you couldn`t view all the map from the start and have to travel to see far parts of the map.

Now I can just scroll all the map and see everything and everyone from the start position.

Are such restrictions included in *.ini file of your patch?

Sorry if I asked something stupid :)

Thanks anyway :) I`m happy :)

Babax said:
Mash - I`ve got a small question. Your patch works just fine, but is there a way to lock down screen scrolling to limited values - like it was before, so you couldn`t view all the map from the start and have to travel to see far parts of the map.

Now I can just scroll all the map and see everything and everyone from the start position.

Are such restrictions included in *.ini file of your patch?

Sorry if I asked something stupid :)

Thanks anyway :) I`m happy :)

Find this in the OFFSETS section of the ini and put a # or ; in front of both lines.
#IGNORE SCROLL LIMITS X AND Y
004B13BD 6 0F8D81010000 FILL 90
004B13CB 6 0F8D73010000 FILL 90

I'll add it to the SETTINGS section in the next release to make it easier. :)

To Stg Granite,
It sounds like your not using the US 1.02d version of fallout2.exe.
The next release will be multi region and include the UK1.02e, French & German 1.02d and the Chinese versions. :)

Babax said:

Its a hard to say, the Chinese version is giving me a little more trouble than the other versions.
I'm aiming for early next week but that's not set in stone.
Lets just say soon. :D

Mash said:
To Stg Granite,
It sounds like your not using the US 1.02d version of fallout2.exe.
The next release will be multi region and include the UK1.02e, French & German 1.02d and the Chinese versions. :)
No. Actually, I'm using US 1.02d, unless killap's patch turns the US into UK version. (?)

Mash said:
early next week
Oh, really? That's very good! :D
This mens it'll be released THIS week... I thought it would take too much longer...

Just gave this a whirl on a freshly installed and patched game.
Works a treat and looks great.
Can't wait to see future versions of this patcher.
Would a Fallout 1 version of this patcher be difficult to implement.
This patcher, Timeslips tweaks and Killaps expansion are definitely enhancing the Fallout 2 experience.
Keep up the good work..
:-)

Yes, Fallout 1 resolutiont patch would be greatly appreciated :)
I`m playing Fallout 1 with 1.3.3 and NPC patch right now :)

I've uploaded the new version "Fallout2 Resolution Patch v1.1" :D
It should be available for download soon, once the NMA Admin approve it. :D

It now supports the US, French and German 1.02d, the UK 1.02e and the Chinese versions of fallout2.
I've made a few changes and added a few things as well.
I've tested the regional versions as best I could and they seem to be working well, but without the right data files there may be a few thing unaccounted for, especially with the Chinese version as it differed the most from the US version.
I'll be working on fallout1 and the mapper2 next, but will not forget fallout2 and will continue to improve it over time. :)

Thanks :) That`s really a nice news to hear. Could you post a direct link to download page, after it will be approved?

Your patch makes Fallout to shine again :)

chewie said:
It seems to be possible to use sfall on linux, too. Though I wasn't able to reproduce that, yet.

source: winehq

Bam! Thanks chewie, it works with the newest wine build. I could start my Fallout 2 mod with wine on ubuntu.

Mash said:
I've uploaded the new version "Fallout2 Resolution Patch v1.1" :D
It should be available for download soon, once the NMA Admin approve it. :D

It now supports the US, French and German 1.02d, the UK 1.02e and the Chinese versions of fallout2.
I've made a few changes and added a few things as well.
I've tested the regional versions as best I could and they seem to be working well, but without the right data files there may be a few thing unaccounted for, especially with the Chinese version as it differed the most from the US version.
I'll be working on fallout1 and the mapper2 next, but will not forget fallout2 and will continue to improve it over time. :)

Any chance to get patched Czech version, provided that I'd upload you the relevant files? :wink:

Also, the mapper2.exe version would be great for the modders. Well, at least for some of 'em.

:o Amazing patch!!! thanks u very much!

ps. :roll: where is the NMA admin....I have been waiting for two days... :( :( :( admin ~~~~approve the file~~~~ :clap: :clap: we need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back