How did you discover Fallout ?

NyxTheShield >
I believe you aren't the only one.
I think if you check the previous pages you will find one guy/girl that discovered it the same way.

It's quite funny but I actually met Fallout recently compared to many people in the forum. I actually was into the Xbox 360 when Fallout 3 came out, but it never appealed to me at the time. I was having fun with other games, so it never caught my attention, until someone on a Fable forum insisted that I would love Fallout.

I picked up Fallout 3 for the PC, and it was mostly a 'meh' experience, but the post-apocalyptic setting sold itself. It happened that Fallout: New Vegas was already out, so I also got New Vegas for the PC. I had really a lot of fun with New Vegas, and when I finished the game's story a couple of times I decided to try out the original two games.

I never actually read a review about any Fallout game. (Nor I generally read reviews)

back in the days i found a disc with various game demos,played fallout and fell in love with it for the rest of my life.

off topic:
is there a thread to discuss special builds?i cant find it

Well my story starts in 2009, my father bought Fallout 3 for himself, but when he was working I got to play. Then my dad's Xbox 360 red ringed. Fast Forward to 2010 he buys Fallout New Vegas for PS3 and didn't like it. So I get the game, which reignited my interest in 3. Then I beat 3 and New Vegas, which got interested in 1 and 2, so I went to Steam and bought them. I loved them so much, now i love every main Fallout game.

I first learned about Fallout when I was watching E3 coverage on G4 back in 2010. I saw the gameplay demo that the devs were doing for New Vegas (I think it included footage of both the raid on Nelson and also just causing trouble on the strip) It wasn't until early 2011 when I went ahead and bought New Vegas for the PC, and later that year I went ahead and got the PC version for the mods/better performance.

Friend let me borrow the third game, and when I originally played it, I fell in love.

Then I played New Vegas later, and enjoyed it but there was some 'meh' to it originally. I preferred smashed up green city to the desert but loved the New Vegas story far more.

Then I later went in and played the first two, and now having played those four games, FO3 is really my least favorite Fallout title. I still gotta play Tactics, I suppose. I'll get to that at some point.

Gotta say it's been really cool reading through this thread, seeing all of the first time fallout experiences people have, it's awesome. Anyways my first Fallout experience actually came from the PS3 version of Skyrim being broken and later buying it on steam in some kind of pack that included the FNV ultimate edition and Skyrim. I tried it and liked it well enough but eventually I put it down for a bit, wasn't really as into it at first. Then a friend got really really into New Vegas and got me to play it again. On my second try the game clicked with me and completely blew my mind especially once I got to mr house. It quickly became my new favorite RPG. I then had to play the rest of the series starting with Fallout 3 which I didn't like as much as New Vegas but still liked well enough, the intro was awesome. Then I played Fallout 1 and 2 which blew my mind again because of how well those games aged. Since then Fallout has become my favorite RPG series of all time. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I only discovered Fallout in 2008 when I was really wanting a new game to play. I was in gamestop late at night and needed to hurry up. I saw Fallout 3 and literally the only reason I bought it was because of the Brotherhood of Steel guy on the cover. I was thinking "Damn he looks badass. I hope I can play as him." When I got home and played it I had probably the greatest first experience with a game I ever had.

Well, after I completed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, I looked for new post-apocalyptic game... Heh, that little nostalgic feel.
Three years back, I found on Youtube intro from Fallout - New Vegas. Awesome music, even better game atmosphere. Now, Fallout is my secondary life. :ugly:

Last edited:
Oh great story here!!! So I was on my high school bands field trip when I was in 8th grade to Washington DC. So were at the Jefferson Memorial and my friend Jared looks at me like "hey, can I borrow your phone real quick i gotta call a friend" and I hand him my phone and he dials a fake number and starts talking "Hey T-Jeff! whats up? Bro its Jared, remember from that Project?! Yeah thats the one!" He carries on a fake conversation for about three minutes and has me rollin laughing. I asked him what he was talking about and he was like "Dude? Fallout... youve never played it?" and three weeks later I bet the game in a matter of 2 days and restarted it............ I was hooked.

So I'm too young to remember FO1 and FO2 but when I was like 10 I was walking with my dad and I saw FO3 CD in a local CD store, so I asked my dad to buy it. When I came home I played it a lot and then I stopped playing it for some reason. Then a few years later Fallout NV appeared and that's when I got into this series again so I discovered FO1 and FO2 for myself downloaded and played them through and after that I player Fallout NV.

My cousin came from UK and left me some CDs. I didnt even had PC, was the 90s and almost nobody in my country had a computer, so I played it in my office PC. It was a weird game, we havent seen any RPG before, but we slowly learned how to play it. So, I can say that I introduced Fallout to my city.

My Cousin brought over his friends Fallout 3 game over to my house shortly after it released, played a couple of hours of it and I was instantly hooked.

Watched my friend play Fallout 3 on the 360

Didn't get into Fallout as a whole until I read Fallout: Equestria (Yep, I was brought here by technicolor ponies fighting zebras)
Even if you're not a fan of My Little Pony, I highly recommend reading it

Did some research on the Fallout side of things and fell in love with the Fallout World

Got my hands on Fallout New Vegas a few months ago and have read up on 1, 2 and 3's stories to better understand what happened to the world

I adore the design and thought put into this alternate universe and enjoy every game equally (Although New Vegas is my favorite since I legitimately own it...)

Back