How would you do a Fallout Show?

Just to clarify the assness of the current show:

Follow the first game, and take it from there. Don't come up with parallel storylines. Let the second story come in as the first progresses.

Don't insert 1950s songs simply because you need to do so.

Avoid trite moves like slow-mo gore with the same songs. Others have already done that.

Make sure that what you share is funny; otherwise, don't.

Avoid cartoon-like characters, e.g., those who look like Woody from Toy Story or Sims game. You only end up making a show that already has several ridiculous premises only more ridiculous.

Don't get fan fiction writers. Focus on those who can mimic 1950s speech and behavior.

So we all pretty much agree that the Amazon show is ass but I was wondering what y’all think they should have done.

Since Fallout has roots in the '50s, I'd try to replicate the Vaudeville/Columbia Pictures style of cinema shorts that were still around back then. 20 minute episodes, with self-contained plots and characters. Short episodes make for quicker viewing, and more can be made on a similar budget to longer ones.

The content of such episodes: Stories of people within the Vaults; Wastelanders exploring a location with a theme or a conflict; stories of the history of a location or area of the Wasteland; etc. A range of moods, from action to horror to drama to etc. as needed. And the timeframe, it would be all over the place, but doing this would justify a Ron Perlman-esque introduction, just with the 'War. War never changes.' line said once in the first episode, and not again until the series is over.

Yes, everyone post your ideas for a Fallout tv show.
200w.gif

I would not lean too hard on the 1950s aspect in terms of visuals, and instead focus on the science fiction aspect. Hire Red888 for concept arts, he gets it.

Oh, and ZERO pre war scenes or immortal ghouls. EVER
I can agree to everything but this. The Ghouls in Fallout are the only ones who remember the pre-war era first hand¹ —they are effectively the Fallout setting's anti-elves; immortal, stiff, slow, and ugly. They are really the only way to show pre-war scenes, aside from holo-tapes.

¹:At least before the detrimental cryo-frozen vault-tec officer lore addition. :cry:

Last edited:
Why the need to have characters still alive after 200 years? If you wanna have pre-war scenes (dunno why to begin with), have them with unrelated characters and have the post-war characters find their corpses or some holotapes. Have flashbacks tell a story pre-war that in the end ties in with the post-war happenings.
But really, stop the whole pre-war stuff. What I really liked about Fallout 1 was how little it actually referenced the old world. No places named after it. Nobody really knew or talked about. It was a new world from the ashes. And then in F2 they started all those places with old world names and old world references and so on. Meh.

That usually implies someone remembering it...
Don't call it flashback then, just have the first scene of each episode to be a pre-war segment and the rest to be post-war. Kinda like they already did with the Ghoul, except make it a story that actually goes somewhere.
Or better yet, don't do pre-war stuff.

The intro to Fallout [1] was entirely pre-war—and was the last mention of it in the game, but NPCs do recount pre-war memories in Fallout 1 & 2. Memories (in TV format) are usually flashbacks. I'd certainly not expect (or want) an obligatory flashback in every episode, but I'd not want the option forbidden to the script writers; nor ghouls not to be limited immortal. Personally, if I were controlling it, then all ghouls would have originated in vault 12, and no new ghouls were ever created after the war.

Does anyone here believe that this show will get a third season?

Last edited:
I can agree to everything but this. The Ghouls in Fallout are the only ones who remember the pre-war era first hand¹ —they are effectively the Fallout setting's anti-elves; immortal, stiff, slow, and ugly. They are really the only way to show pre-war scenes, aside from holo-tapes.

¹:At least before the detrimental cryo-frozen vault-tec officer lore addition. :cry:

pre war fallout makes zero sense even in the very first fallout game. The more they tell us about pre war the less it makes sense.

I think that in case of Fallout the major narratives should be left to the interactive medium.
So I'd go with anthology with episodes set across the entire timeline and mixing different genres.

I'm 50/50 on whether it'd be just events mentioned in the games or totally new stories, so I'd probably go with a mix of 2.

As neat it would be to see some events like the NCR raiding Navarro or Randall wiping out the 22 Dwellers (maybe from their perspective so it'd be more horror), it would be great if the show expanded on the universe.

And definitely no Vault tests, I think show would go pretty stale if every episode was just blue jumpsuits dying in wacky ways.

I'd get Sydney Sweeney in one of those alternative looking modded vault suits and she'd have high caliber machine guns to kill the bad guys with. She would be going prone and firing or hip firing for all the action shots.

If the right Japanese studio could get the Fallout rights, we could get something like this. I'd watch it, no question.

Hopefully they'd set the series in Japan, give their interpretation of events before and after the Great War.

If the right Japanese studio could get the Fallout rights, we could get something like this. I'd watch it, no question.

Hopefully they'd set the series in Japan, give their interpretation of events before and after the Great War.

Can we expect power armor with tits? Seriously tho, anime fell down long ago, I doubt it will be that different from Amazon series.

Can we expect power armor with tits? Seriously tho, anime fell down long ago, I doubt it will be that different from Amazon series.

I can't agree with that. There are studios that are doing fun series. Goblin Slayer comes to mind. Shangri-La and Kaiju No. 8 as well.

As for being no different from the Fallout TV series, that's assuming the lead Japanese screenwriter is the same as what we got, which was the Captain Marvel screenwriter. Highly unlikely, that.

I can't agree with that. There are studios that are doing fun series. Goblin Slayer comes to mind. Shangri-La and Kaiju No. 8 as well.

As for being no different from the Fallout TV series, that's assuming the lead Japanese screenwriter is the same as what we got, which was the Captain Marvel screenwriter. Highly unlikely, that.
I know nothing about Shangri-La and Kaiju No. 8, but Goblin Slayer was bad (manga could offer some great art at the very least). And while true, we won't get Marvel writers, japan has it's own set of idiots. I think in the recent years the only good anime we got was Vinland Saga.

Back