I do not really understand ancoms politically.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by TheHouseAlwaysWins, May 13, 2020.

1. TheHouseAlwaysWins

TheHouseAlwaysWins Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 28, 2015
    Alright, you've abolished the state overall, so what's stopping a person becoming a warlord and turning it into a feudalist condition? or how do the people in this new society defend themselves from outside threats?

2. Lidku

Lidku Wasteland Sniper

Sep 4, 2019
    There is no answer because Anarch-Communism by itself doesn't make any sense at all.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Classic answer: Anarchy isn't Anomie, and there'll either be no reason for anyone to become a warlord or society will stop those warlords.
    Anarchy apparently does not exclude temporary and soft hierarchies, and all sorts of work still need to get done, requiring cooperation and division of labour. Inside and outside threats would be met with council and democratically reached consensus.
    Of course, this is highly idealistic and would crumble within one week max in real life.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  4. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    The real question is who are/is more retarded/entertaining, An-Coms or An-Caps?

5. Lidku

Lidku Wasteland Sniper

Sep 4, 2019
    Ancaps lol

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Fossil

Mar 16, 2013
    AnCaps for sure. They're at the very least funny. AnComs take themselves way, way too seriously and get far too fucking angry immediately to be funny. They're like religious conservatives in that regard. They're just incapable of humour.

I swear half the AnCap memes are made by AnCaps themselves, the nutty bastards.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. SilverStarApple/Epsilon7

SilverStarApple/Epsilon7 Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 27, 2017
    AnComs are just Communists with even smaller brains. If they took over a country, it would be a standard Communist dictatorship that uses violent leftists as an excuse for violent leftist authoritarianism.

AnCaps are fookin fun, and the world they'd create if they took over a country would be a bloody fun one.

8. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    Wouldn't an Ancap situation look very similar to a cyberpunk dystopia where corps or freelancers provide all services? Much funner than the sullen and downtrodden masses listening to the river boatmen of the volga song.

9. ResetRPG

ResetRPG Life! Is so hollow...

Dec 16, 2018
    Ancaps, unequivocally. They are genuinely retarded and their ideology is nothing more than a warlord power fantasy.

Extreme Individualism doesn't work and will never work, you must have some form of collective identity for a society to survive, whether that be class based (left wing) or nation based (right wing)

Ancaps are fucking hilarious though lol.

10. ResetRPG

Dec 16, 2018
    The ideology is a very community and educative ideology. A big part of An-Communism is educating your community to be able to transition into an anarchist society with the community preventing bourgeois usurping from the inside and outside.

A large scale society would work like a federation, numerous different communities coming together to create a new whole, like scales on a fish.

Granted I don't agree, and for a society to survive and function you must have a state to protect you from counter revolution.

Kropotkin is a pretty dope writer, all things considered, a lot better than Marx in terms of enjoy-ability and ease of reading, imo.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  11. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    Communist Anarchy only works when everyone has property rights, which is hilarious because they can't divide up things correctly among themselves.

12. ResetRPG

Dec 16, 2018
    The idea is supposed to be that the property rights are collectively owned by a community.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"

13. The Dopamine Cleric

Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    No one knows their ability or their need. That's the fatal flaw.

14. ResetRPG

Dec 16, 2018
    I think I know my ability to complete tasks fairly well, I think it comes down to abuse of resources, which a lot of anarchists really can't provide a good argument for.

My big problem is how will a society survive and defend itself without a functional state and military, and further proving my point, pretty much all anarchist societies were ransacked and destroyed by counter revolutionary forces, and those that didn't, either are so small that it's a waste of time to attack, or they rely on a larger ally for support (IE: Rojava allied with the USA)

15. The Dopamine Cleric

Orderite

Nov 3, 2007

Trust me, you don't. No one does. 10 years from now you can't conceive of your ability or need. You stockpile. The competition does the same. The government can take over and make sure everyone doesn't get enough but gets an equal amount, and the guy at the top gets shrimp cocktail.

16. ResetRPG

Dec 16, 2018
    Just speaking from experience as a worker at least, I at least know I can load heavy packages onto trucks lol.

17. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    KNOCK KNOCK who's there? Why it is me, early onset osteoporosis and you ain't picking up shit anymore.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  18. ResetRPG

Dec 16, 2018
    More like all of my guts spilling out through my anal cavity due to a hernia epic style

19. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I just lift heavy things for fun, because at the moment I'm mostly doing computer stuff at work and need to discharge the stress.

20. KingArthur

KingArthur Psychoholic Slag

Jun 25, 2018
    *rolls up Civil War cannon* as a Neoliberal, I have to respectfully disagree.

EDIT: Joking aside, at least AnCaps believe in an economic system that works, flawed as it is. Ancoms aren’t economically viable, whether we’re taking about the An or the Com.