If you could make a mutant race for Fallout, which would it be?

Shaodeus

Still Mildly Glowing
I mean any kind of mutant race, whatever it be something like a specific human mutation or a new sort of mutated creature.

I have two ideas for it.

One is called Lacerta, they would be a hybridization experiment done up in Canada where death row inmates got mutated with various mixed strains of lizard DNA, the results were either extreme abominations or very minimal alterations. The extreme cases usually died shortly afterwards as the DNA was a clusterfuck and their organs more often than not shut down. Once the nukes hit those inmates were released by a doctor with a bit too soft of a heart and they went out into the immediate aftermath of the nuclear apocalypse. They spread around and found women who they eventually had children with, the levels of radiation, the airborne FEV and the hybrid DNA mix caused each generation of their descendants to mutate just a little further.

After a hundred and fifty years the mutation seemed to have found its sweet spot. The mutantkind of Lacerta have very little hair on their bodies, they have some scaling going on their limbs but it is very limited. Those with more scales are usually revered as being optimal mating partners. Their skin is a moderately dark grey/blue. Their iris' are almost identical to that of a lizard. They are cold-blooded. But the most interesting thing about them is their ability to regenerate at surprising speed, even capable of regenerating lost limbs and organs.

I'm of course not talking about Deadpool levels of speed but a limb would grow out after a little over half a year.

The other mutant I had in mind would be a variation of ghouls. They would not be in a state of constant rot but rather in a constant state of regeneration when it comes to their skin. Their skin would continue to grow and thicken until they get cracked plates like this: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24604&d=1388181670
That's how their skin would look like. It provides excellent protection but it also slows them down. Eventually the plates would get so thick and so cumbersome that this type of mutant basically have to skin itself.

I haven't really thought about how the mutations would make sense scientifically. They're just pitches I've had in mind for a while. So they'd need to be overhauled to make more sense but that's the general ideas I have behind them anyway.

I haven't really thought about how the mutations would make sense scientifically. They're just pitches I've had in mind for a while. So they'd need to be overhauled to make more sense but that's the general ideas I have behind them anyway.
Well with Fallout we're pretty much throwing biological science out of the window anyway, so we can go pretty crazy with the ideas. Its just that we shouldn't go to far or just make something that's really fucking stupid.

I would say that the master and his telepathic powers is as far as we can go, as long as it doesn't become X-men nonsense

Something that flies in the mountains a terror of the skies. Aaaaand I just pitched dragons. I am creatively bankrupt I'll show myself out.

I had an idea for mutant mammoth elephants with acid dripping off their tusks, and behemoths riding the mammoths into battle.

With ever increasing standards for sexual physical attractiveness a company decided to work on a mutagen that would alter the body proportions of someone so that they'd become the apex of attractiveness. It was sent to a vault (because of course it was) and over time the people in there mutated and what came out were amazonian hermaphrodite women with thick thighs, big tits, round fat asses, big thick meaty cocks and large pendulous balls.

Watch out wastelanders! They have become so bored with one another that they find normal people even sexier and well, they're horny. You might think that this sounds like a wet dream come true but we're talking about death by "snu-snu". And what's worse is that once word got back to the vault and the leader heard about how submissive men and women of the wastes were to their whims she has decided that she will conquer the world by breeding away all normies so that only amazonian hermaphrodites will remain to rule in a lustful paradise.

Most of the animation budget will go towards this mutant. Cause uh... Reasons.

Yes. @Bond Fan we know. And it was stupid because

A) acid from mammoths?
B) mammoths Are super extinct
C) behemoths were an affront to fallout in the first place.
A) Acid from mammoths because rads or some shit
B) elephants then
And no, I stole that from Bond fan with his consent, I'm not Bond Fan.

I think a Fallout game could also do with more mystery, like how the Deathclaw was build up in the first game. Build up is cool, we should build shit up and make it all scary.

A) Acid from mammoths because rads or some shit
B) elephants then
And no, I stole that from Bond fan with his consent, I'm not Bond Fan.
A) that is a lame explanation
B) elephants aren't native to NA
I'm not opposed to large creature riding large animals into battle... But elephants? Behemoths? Naw.

A) that is a lame explanation
B) elephants aren't native to NA
I'm not opposed to large creature riding large animals into battle... But elephants? Behemoths? Naw.
Ok then, dumber behemoths that walk on all fours because they can't figure out walking on two legs that cleverer behemoths ride.

I can't remember any spider analogue in the Fallout games, it'd be cool to see one, maybe a giant one in the style of 50s monster movies.

Seems like something out of Fallout.

I once thought about an idea for a black radioactive fungi that dwells on dead trees and travels using immune reptilians as host. It infects its victims with spores through touch and starts to rapidly multiply and consume the flesh and fluids of its victim unless the infected area is either amputated or soaked in strong alcohol within minutes of infection. If the area isn't disinfected, the spore pierce through the victims skin and enter the bloodstream, and from thereon to the whole body dooming the host.

The hosts would start to grow spots of black silky lint that would infect others who gets in contact with it. They would live the short remainder of their lives in great agony, being eaten from the inside out, but never losing mobility. After a few days the host dies and the fungi consumes what's left, but leaves a bait for animals to catch it. If no new host appears, it falls into a sort of slumber that lasts for a few days after which it too dies.

Or something like that it was, it was a long time ago...

I once thought about an idea for a black radioactive fungi that dwells on dead trees and travels using immune reptilians as host. It infects its victims with spores through touch and starts to rapidly multiply and consume the flesh and fluids of its victim unless the infected area is either amputated or soaked in strong alcohol within minutes of infection. If the area isn't disinfected, the spore pierce through the victims skin and enter the bloodstream, and from thereon to the whole body dooming the host.

The hosts would start to grow spots of black silky lint that would infect others who gets in contact with it. They would live the short remainder of their lives in great agony, being eaten from the inside out, but never losing mobility. After a few days the host dies and the fungi consumes what's left, but leaves a bait for animals to catch it. If no new host appears, it falls into a sort of slumber that lasts for a few days after which it too dies.

Or something like that it was, it was a long time ago...
http://i.imgur.com/U5F6Gbt.png

How about a mutated water strider that lives near ponds (obviously) and can poison you? They would only be a bit larger than a normal water strider so they'd be very weak to most attacks.

"The Hive"

Basically, while all that spooky super-secret pre-war science shitfuckery was going on, one project was uniting multiple humans into one consciousness, essentially an insect like hivemind. The military applications of such a thing are obvious. Soldiers who carry out orders with zero hesitation, who have no individuality, who are utterly loyal and fearless, would be a tremendous asset. Not only that but the head-command would have all the information ground troops have, as they are one in the same. Aside from a combat application, this tech could be used for industrial production. Useful drone workers, making guns and ammo for the warriors. And even a society-wide cultural application. After the war, this super-consciousness has been spreading out into the wasteland, slowly but surely. Entire towns suddenly disappear, all their inhabitants having vanished. I'd imagine once consumed by the Hive, an individual loses it's personality, charisma, and so on. Becoming extremely strange to regular humans.

So, communists.

Back