If you had to choose TWO things Fallout 4 did RIGHT, what would they be?

1. Radioactive electrical storms ( it's just nice )

2. The clapping monkeys

And that covers it all......

1. Power armour except for the suits that make no sense to exist and them suddenly running on very short time limited cores

2. Um... Fallout is still a cool title

To be sure, anything good about it pales in comparison to its overall shitness. 1 - I felt the shooting system to be smoother and more realistic. It is just plain weird to go back to the previous games and see how it plays, it feels a tad unrealistic (never noticed that as I played it in the day); 2 - Marginal improvement of the graphics.

To be sure, anything good about it pales in comparison to its overall shitness. 1 - I felt the shooting system to be smoother and more realistic. It is just plain weird to go back to the previous games and see how it plays, it feels a tad unrealistic (never noticed that as I played it in the day); 2 - Marginal improvement of the graphics.
I definitely had this experience when I opened up New Vegas a few days ago just to see what it was like compared to Fallout 4. Fallout 4 made shooting a LOT better and it makes it that much more depressing for me that the RPG part of the game is practically non-existent and there is a terrible dialogue system.

I definitely had this experience when I opened up New Vegas a few days ago just to see what it was like compared to Fallout 4. Fallout 4 made shooting a LOT better and it makes it that much more depressing for me that the RPG part of the game is practically non-existent and there is a terrible dialogue system.

Bethesda can't handle combat. They've failed every time when doing it.

Yeah no kidding.

Yeah no kidding.

Every game. Every fucking game.

Yeah no kidding.

Atleast in Fallout 4 you can say "Well atleast it's not as crappy as Skyrim's combat." Not saying much though since I had to go through hoops just to get the mouse aim almost right in Fallout 4(sensitivity is a fucking joke).

Yeah no kidding.

Atleast in Fallout 4 you can say "Well atleast it's not as crappy as Skyrim's combat." Not saying much though since I had to go through hoops just to get the mouse aim almost right in Fallout 4(sensitivity is a fucking joke).

It's as bad.

Yeah no kidding.

It's as bad.
As I mentioned, I really feel like the whole user interface was designed with consoles in mind, and the fact that guns with sights occupy almost half of the screen and there is such a low field of view, I decided to hook my PC up to a television and play it with a controller. It definitely helped.

Crucify me but :
1. Removal of skills - lets face it, Fallout 4 is full on FPS with rpg elements so its good that finally my character can shoot as well as i do ( i fricking hated the fact that im a good fps player and my shots miss because my character has a low skill ) and perks/traits/skills count only when it comes to crafting/looting/extra dialouge options.

2. Dogmeat - i like the way he acts, reminds me of my dog.

I agree with most of the points raised here, but one thing that Bethesda did right that they haven't got much recognition for are the Boston accents. A minor detail, to be sure, but it stands out in comparison to virtually every single movie set in Boston these days, in which virtually every single actor sounds like they're trying to imitate the mayor from The Simpsons. The accents sound reasonable here.

Last edited:
I agree with most of the points raised here, but one thing that Bethesda did right that they haven't got much recognition for are the Boston accents. A minor detail, to be sure, but it stands out in comparison to virtually ever single movie set in Boston these days, in which virtually every single actor sounds like they're trying to imitate the mayor from The Simpsons. The accents sound reasonable here.

The Wicked Shipping tapes were a nice touch. Wicked Shipping in general was 10/10 New England, anyway.

Crucify me but :
1. Removal of skills - lets face it, Fallout 4 is full on FPS with rpg elements so its good that finally my character can shoot as well as i do ( i fricking hated the fact that im a good fps player and my shots miss because my character has a low skill ) and perks/traits/skills count only when it comes to crafting/looting/extra dialouge options.
Crucified. I can understand removing skills associated with how well your character can aim, but removing them all together? How the hell is that a good thing?

Crucify me but :

HERESY! I like when the FPS is mixed-in with RPG elements such as skill-dependent accuracy. And the skill-based checks on New Vegas were pretty good, I missed that a lot, it made your build matter much more than just the way you kill stuff.

Crucify me but :

HERESY! I like when the FPS is mixed-in with RPG elements such as skill-dependent accuracy. And the skill-based checks on New Vegas were pretty good, I missed that a lot, it made your build matter much more than just the way you kill stuff.

I miss specialized perks like grunt or cowboy that really defined who your character was.

Crucify me but :
(..)

Are you alright ? Do you need assistance ?
If they wanted to make a full FPS, fine, just do not call it Fallout.

(...)
2. Dogmeat - i like the way he acts, reminds me of my dog.

Like when he disappeared ? I'm really sorry for you if it did happen. May your dog be safe.

/Back to the topic :
1) An accurate depiction of the Enclave Power Armor, but no Enclave remnants (not speaking of the fake-Enclave of F3) in the commonwealth, I don't know if it counts. Well just for the visual.
2) Still thinking...

Last edited:
Crucify me but :

I miss specialized perks like grunt or cowboy that really defined who your character was.

Or Imperialist. Hell there were perks for being gay.

Crucify me but :

Or Imperialist. Hell there were perks for being gay.
I never went to Zion without the sneering imperialist perk, some the funniest lines in the game.

Back