If you had to choose TWO things Fallout 4 did RIGHT, what would they be?

Yeah, those little things turned a good RPG in one of my favorites of all time, the little moments...

Screaming ICE CREAM! And be granted top-level clearance at REPCONN was priceless

Yeah, those little things turned a good RPG in one of my favorites of all time, the little moments...

Screaming ICE CREAM! And be granted top-level clearance at REPCONN was priceless

Yeah dialogue was done really well in NV, and the originals of course.

Character sculpting (altho with some major tweaks) and the Power Armor (minus the Fusion Cores running out so fast, or them being so common and given out so early).

I agree with the character models at least they don't look like potatoes this time too bad the actual game isn't worth playing.

Was there any low intelligence dialogue in New Vegas like the originals? I haven't played as a low intelligence character in New Vegas.

Was there any low intelligence dialogue in New Vegas like the originals? I haven't played as a low intelligence character in New Vegas.

Yeah, but it's only occasionally.

Rarely, though when it happened... beautiful. It wasn't retarded, but oh my god... it's hilarious.

Rarely, though when it happened... beautiful. It wasn't retarded, but oh my god... it's hilarious.

It sounds glorious. Meanwhile I feel that the dialogue in Fallout 4 is either purposely low intelligence dialogue since they can't write anything good and then say screw it they'll like this crap or they really don't realize the stuff they're writing is garbage. I still can't get over the scene where Piper is trying to get into Diamond City and the way she flops her arms around and talks seems like it came from a really bad comedy show.

It sounds glorious. Meanwhile I feel that the dialogue in Fallout 4 is either purposely low intelligence dialogue since they can't write anything good and then say screw it they'll like this crap or they really don't realize the stuff they're writing is garbage. I still can't get over the scene where Piper is trying to get into Diamond City and the way she flops her arms around and talks seems like it came from a really bad comedy show.

It's mainly moments when someone says something and you say something stupid that's connected to what they said. Look up a low intelligence dialogue video.

1> Companions work reasonably well in combat, some of them (Deacon, Kait) have a good story.
2> Aiming and shooting in and outside VATS is good.

Last edited:
Apropros of pathfinding AI, is it just me or are some companions dumber than others? I store my power armours in a shed in Sanctuary Hills, and some companions (especially Cait and to some degree Piper) are utterly incapable of walking through that door while for example Curie and MacCready have less problems with it.
Not that it makes any difference if they have power armour or not, as they're immortal, anyway...

Apropros of pathfinding AI, is it just me or are some companions dumber than others? I store my power armours in a shed in Sanctuary Hills, and some companions (especially Cait and to some degree Piper) are utterly incapable of walking through that door while for example Curie and MacCready have less problems with it.
Not that it makes any difference if they have power armour or not, as they're immortal, anyway...

Yeah companions are shit because they're badly written and immortal.

You have to manually click and point them around shit sometimes. It is so dumb. It took me 5 minutes to get one of my companions to walk through the door, step behind the armor, and get in.

You have to manually click and point them around shit sometimes. It is so dumb. It took me 5 minutes to get one of my companions to walk through the door, step behind the armor, and get in.

Wow, great AI.

Yeah, and even manually guiding them through the door often only works by accident. Fucking idiot will stand right next to the door, being all "I can't do that!". At some point I just gave up, it's too much of a hassle to keep their PA repaired anyway. Let them eat bullets...

Don't give them Power Armor at all. Fuckers drop the shit all the time so it ends up standing somewhere random.

The companion quests were such a fucking joke. I liked two of them I guess but even then the shit is so simplified.

If it was New Vegas or Fallout 2 you would have checks for SPEECH, BARTER, or INTELLIGENCE, or REPAIR, even fucking MEDICINE, but now you have CHARISMA. Try playing a high Charisma character though. All you get is extra caps for every shitty kill quest. On a few occasions I talked myself out of a fight. It's usually more of the same.

I had Piper jump into my armor without my permission, then afterwards tells me something along the lines of "This power armor is useful, you should get yourself a pair.". Yeah like the power armor you currently sitting in and currently won't give me because this atrocious sorry excuse for a companion command wheel.

I had Piper jump into my armor without my permission, then afterwards tells me something along the lines of "This power armor is useful, you should get yourself a pair.". Yeah like the power armor you currently sitting in and currently won't give me because this atrocious sorry excuse for a companion command wheel.

When you talk to her you can order her out of it.
But it's weird, nobody has ever taken any of my power armours in Sanctuary. They know that I'll disable their essentiality and slaughter them all if they would...
But PA dialogues are fun. Cait, when I put on PA: "An' wot am Oi supposed to wea'?" *voice muffled through the helmet of the PA she's wearing*

Back