I'm a Fallout nihilist

Fowler

Sedentary
People apparently like these piles of shit (Fallout 4, Skyrim) and they're eating them right up calling them "RPG's".
I really hope Bethesda just buries these franchises six feet under and leaves them to rot. They're not going to make a good game any time soon.

If Skyrim was the end of the line, I'd feel it to be a minimum threshold I can deal with. Not Fallout 4. But we may yet be surprised: greed and arrogance do tend lead people down to unexpected roads, not all bad. And you've gotta take sth else into consideration. The case of F4 is not particular to either Bethesda or to the franchise, but rather follows a larger pattern of casualization and massification of game-playing. There are social and economic reasons that may explain why this pattern emerged slowly from the 90's to what may be considered its peak today. The question is: how long will this peak maintain its momentum, before it stops being profitable? Other franchises have been turned into generic pieces of shit, like CoD, so out greed, today's game makers may emerge from their imbecility and react to this. It's a long shot, given the success of games like GTAV and F4, but I assume this won't last forever.

Just til the next cycle, I once again hope(there is that word again, how often do I use it with franchises that I love?!) that due to Fallout 4 mixed reception Bethesda might do something interesting with the next entry to reclaim their shaky titlte of the "RPG king", not that i think they are but granted how crititcs and masses have always received their games...

It all comes around in the end...

Fallout shouldn't die. You never know what's around the corner!

Konami's attitude with MGS tells me that Bethesda is never going to let go of Fallout unless hit with legal action, which I doubt will happen anytime soon. Or at all, ever.

Konami's attitude with MGS tells me that Bethesda is never going to let go of Fallout unless hit with legal action, which I doubt will happen anytime soon. Or at all, ever.

Okay maybe...

Alright, fine. Maybe they'll get bored of it someday, and sell it off. Or due to some company restructuring, they sell off the IP to someone else. Who knows?

I guess you never really know what's wrong the corner. Otherwise, how could Fallout end up in Bethesda's hand in the first place? Original fans, give me some perspective, did you see this happening to your series long before Bethesda even got a hand on the IP?

Okay maybe...

Alright, fine. Maybe they'll get bored of it someday, and sell it off. Or due to some company restructuring, they sell off the IP to someone else. Who knows?

I guess you never really know what's wrong the corner. Otherwise, how could Fallout end up in Bethesda's hand in the first place? Original fans, give me some perspective, did you see this happening to your series long before Bethesda even got a hand on the IP?

You never know what's in store! And it's not Fallout 4.

Back