In my opinion Fallout 3 is truest to Fallout 1.

By the way, you guys shouldn't shit solely on Gamebyro. It's not in herently a bad engine. it's just the shit version/modifications that are in it becuase of Bethesda. the fun little game Defense Grid used gamebyro, and had piles of creeps on screen at once. Catherine uses it too.

New animations, more detail, better lighting, overhauled AI, adaptable quests. Creation Engine sounds great to me...

EDIT: Well Creation will fix a lot of the issues I had with all Beth games since...I started playing video games. Their animation, graphics, and faces have generally not been spectacular. Even if the population isn't actually bigger (guess we'll have to see about that) with the Radiant Storytelling (think that's what it's called) the NPCs shouldn't be as generic as NCR trooper or Bruma Guard. At least, I hope not. They wouldn't be taking full advantage of the new engine if everyone was generic.

yes but the animation have not to be inherently the "fault" of the engine. Compare games which are much older then Oblivion for example. Like Jedi Knight 2 Outcast. It still even after such a long time has still great animations (in my eyes). Think about it. And I am still surprised that for that time they managed to get some decent faces.

Now with that you see which people have actually "skill" when they work on something and those which have not.

I mean take it that way.

The Artist makes the tools. Not the tools the artist.

With saying that. Some of the people working at Lukas Arts (and similar companies like industrial lights and magic) are the most talented people of their business. You can give them what you want and they might still turn it in to "art". Give a monkey the best engine possible. And it might turn out a bit better then Oblivion.

That is the issue I have with it. And I am still very careful with any claim that now Bethesda will suddenly fix all the "shit" parts of their past games. You can change engines. Technology. Hardware. But people ? Thats a different story.

Remember Iplay was not killed because it lacked people with talent for example. But they had the same guy on the head for years. And he proved to be a douche.

Back