Israel decides to go to Lebanon.

Pope Viper

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
BEIRUT (AP) — The Hezbollah militant group captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes along the Lebanese border on Wednesday, triggering an Israeli assault with warplanes, tanks and gunboats as Israeli troops crossed the frontier to hunt for the captives.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called the guerrilla attack "an act of war" and warned Hezbollah would pay a "heavy price" for its actions.

Israeli warplanes struck two bridges over the Litani River deep in southern Lebanon, killing two civilians on the main north-south highway between the port cities of Tyre and Sidon, Lebanese security officials said. The pan-Arab satellite TV al-Arabiya station said that at least seven Israeli soldiers were killed in the fighting, and that several more were wounded.

This thing continues to escalate. Where will it end?

Are we looking at 1973 all over again?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-07-12-lebanon-israel_x.htm

"Oh no! Foreigners captured two of our soldiers that were on a military raid in their sovereign country!

The bastards!"

Yeah. The Israelis are a very angry people, it seems. At least most of them. They need to chill the fuck out before someone knocks them the fuck down.

Jebus said:
"Oh no! Foreigners captured two of our soldiers that were on a military raid in their sovereign country!

The bastards!"

Actually it was a raid by Hezbollah militants across the Israeli border that resulted in the seizure of the two soldiers.

And Overseer, I'm smelling that legendary 'Iranian Miltary' thread. Let's not travel down that path again.

What the fuck? Shut up. Most Israelis I've seen are paranoid and suspicious of foreigners. I can't blame them, considering what their country has been through, but they need to swallow their pride and calm down, before they destabilize the region even more. They've already set peace negotiations back a decade or so.

The Overseer said:
What the fuck? Shut up. Most Israelis I've seen are paranoid and suspicious of foreigners. I can't blame them, considering what their country has been through, but they need to swallow their pride and calm down, before they destabilize the region even more. They've already set peace negotiations back a decade or so.
And rightfully so, dawgunnit! One can not trust those goddamn muslims, I tell you. The Israelis should just build large "shower rooms", give all the Palestinians a bar of soap and invite them to a free and refreshing shower. Hup! Problem solved. And they should do the same with those mongrels in Lebanon and Syria. Those terrorist fuckers in that region need to be eradicated for once and for all. No pity! No "oh no mister me good muslim me very good me read Quran all day me love jews allah loves jews", no fucking no, say hello to this bullet that will inspect your skull in search for weapons of mass destruction you little sandman you. Fuck it, man. If the Israelis were to nuke the whole Middle-Eastern region, I'd still be behind them. Those people have every right to defend themselves against that backwards bunch of sandeaters that drink camel milk and make bombs in their spare time to celebrate the eternal sunshine of that big fucker allah. I've had it with those muslims, dawgunnit. What the fuck is wrong with those mongrels anyway? Look at the fucking world: everywhere that there is trouble, there are muslims involved. It's always something with those friggin' religious zealots. Get stuffed yo! And those Western retards that sympatize with them, well fuck it, skullfuck them as well, put them on a diet of lead if you know what I mean. Don't go that Western so-called educated and pseudo-intellectual way of "oh good muslim muslim good muslim do no bad it's terrorist musim that's bad", fuck that. No really. This crap is starting to eally piss me off.

Now let me get back to my beer and my foot fetish fantasies dawgunnit!

Most Israelis I've seen are paranoid and suspicious of foreigners.
Probably has something to do with the fact that foreigners have a tendancy to blow up in Cafes and Rave halls?

before they destabilize the region even more.
How? Maybe an alien invasion?

They've already set peace negotiations back a decade or so.
Wrong, the Palestinians did that at the voting booth.

Actually it was a raid by Hezbollah militants across the Israeli border that resulted in the seizure of the two soldiers.
pwned-48495.jpg

The correct macro is
d2b0dc6112731e84cb142ad19ac7fe79%5b1%5d.jpg

Also, this whole situation is an example of why I want to get off this planet as soon as possible and leave people like this behind.

John Uskglass said:
Most Israelis I've seen are paranoid and suspicious of foreigners.
Probably has something to do with the fact that foreigners have a tendancy to blow up in Cafes and Rave halls?

The Overseer said:
can't blame them, considering what their country has been through

Read the whole post next time, douchebag. Oh, and it's tendency.

Johnny-boy, too much information. Really.

That said

OH MY FRIKKIN' FRITH!
Bomb Destroys Palestinian Foreign Ministry
Jul 12 7:13 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By IBRAHIM BARZAK
Associated Press Writer

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip

A bomb dropped by an Israeli warplane destroyed the Palestinian Foreign Ministry building in Gaza City early Thursday.

The bomb collapsed the building and caused widespread destruction in the area. The Palestinian foreign minister is Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar.

The Israeli military confirmed it carried out an airstrike on the Palestinian Foreign Ministry, noting that it is "led by Hamas."

At least three people were wounded in the strike, which took place after 1:30 a.m. The injured were in neighboring buildings, and it was not known if anyone was in the ministry at the time. Ambulances and rescue services were racing to the scene.

Houses and cars in the area were badly damaged by the force of the blast, and the third and fourth floors of the foreign ministry building were destroyed.

Israel has been waging a two-week offensive in Gaza after Hamas-linked militants carried out a cross-border raid, killing two Israeli soldiers and capturing a third. Early Wednesday, an Israeli aircraft dropped a quarter-ton bomb on a house in Gaza City where Hamas commanders were meeting, killing nine members of a family.

Earlier this month Israeli warplanes attacked the Hamas-controlled Interior Ministry twice, causing considerable damage.

So what veils of excuses do we have left NOT to call this all-out war? The Hamas government and its manyfold declarations of intent to destroy Israel and actions thereupon have pretty much been recognised by Israel as an attack from a political, if subjugated, entity.

WAR!

Well, that's rather fucked.
Ah well, it's been a race to war from a veiled war with some bits of peace in it for years now. Neither side was ever really willing to settle for a bloodless peace.

Eh, we'll have to see how this plays out. Hamas will retaliate, obviously, giving Israel a somewhat less flimsy excuse to invade 'Palestine'. Once that happens, Iran's reaction will probably tell us how serious a threat they really are, and Syria and other neighbouring nations will possibly enter into war as well.

The Overseer said:

I was just talking about your tendency to overestimate how badass middle eastern militaries are. Israel should calm down, but if they don't the surrounding countries are the ones that are going to feel the pain, so to speak. Not Israel, for better or for worse. We give them too much money.

Pajari said:
I was just talking about your tendency to overestimate how badass middle eastern militaries are. Israel should calm down, but if they don't the surrounding countries are the ones that are going to feel the pain, so to speak. Not Israel, for better or for worse. We give them too much money.
Granted, they have money and equiptment, compliments of the US's inability to mind their own goddamn business. Manpower, however, is a different thing. Isreal has a hell of alot of troops, but not enough to deal with 2-4 muslim nations. Isreal would do a lot of damage in such a war, but they'd get mobbed down eventually.

I agree, but I wouldn't count out a 1967 or 1973 scenario again. Israel could force one nation out, bribe another with prisoner releases, attempt a decapitation strike or something else messy with the Mossad, etc.

Or they could just clobber them. All the troops in the world aren't worth anything under bad generalship. It's not going to be a clean fight, though.

Pajari said:

You're not seeing the big picture here. I have no doubt Israel would donkeypunch the neighbouring countries militarily. The problem is, by invading them Israel will probably anger them even more, creating a shitload more suicide bombers and terrorists and whatnot, causing a whole new era of terror. They should ask themselves if that's worth the lives of two simple soldiers.

I'm just saying, they're going to end up being the losers in the conflict. Same thing in Iraq, really. After the invasion a whole lot of people joined the other side.

Back