Killap releases Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0

Hm. What about if it worked yesterday with the old Unofficial...

but not since killap's new unnofficial patch? im not running restoration yet even.

el_jefe_of_ny said:
Hm. What about if it worked yesterday with the old Unofficial...

but not since killap's new unnofficial patch? im not running restoration yet even.
simple... the old unofficial patch needs older DirectX 9. Try to update it and you'll see.

well, I updated it like you linked, and it still isnt working. It has cleared the rainbow/mess up thing and gone to 16bit on the switch, but nothing else works. I cant change the res. the 16bit switch worked before I updated it too.

el_jefe_of_ny said:
well, I updated it like you linked, and it still isnt working. It has cleared the rainbow/mess up thing and gone to 16bit on the switch, but nothing else works. I cant change the res. the 16bit switch worked before I updated it too.

Sorry mate, last try. If you using dx9 mode, you have to have settings like this. Check the ini files manually:

ddraw.ini
[Graphics]
;Set to 0 for 8 bit fullscreen
;Set to 4 for dx9 fullscreen
;Set to 5 for dx9 windowed
;A dx9 mode is required for any graphics related script extender functions to work (i.e. fullscreen shaders)
;Modes 1, 2 and 3 are no longer supported
Mode=4

f2_res.ini
;Set the number of colours here
; 8 for 8bit(original)
; 16 for 16bit colour (set only if your not using Sfall with graphics modes 4 or 5)
COLOUR_BITS=8

You can use 16bit but only if you did set Mode=0 in ddraw.ini. I never use 16bit anyway.

Try default mode as well:

ddraw.ini
[Graphics]
;Set to 0 for 8 bit fullscreen
;Set to 4 for dx9 fullscreen
;Set to 5 for dx9 windowed
;A dx9 mode is required for any graphics related script extender functions to work (i.e. fullscreen shaders)
;Modes 1, 2 and 3 are no longer supported
Mode=0

f2_res.ini
;Set the number of colours here
; 8 for 8bit(original)
; 16 for 16bit colour (set only if your not using Sfall with graphics modes 4 or 5)
COLOUR_BITS=8

You can set resolution manually in ddraw.ini

my settings on Vista
;If using a dx9 mode, this changes the resolution
;The graphics are simply stretched to fit the new window; this does _not_ let you see more of the map
GraphicsWidth=1280
GraphicsHeight=720

and

in f2_res.ini

;Set the screen resolution here
SCR_WIDTH=1280
SCR_HEIGHT=720

GOOD LUCK

el_jefe_of_ny said:
what does 16 bit offer that 8 does not or vice versa for fallout?
from sfall changelog:

>Added the option to use a 16 bit colour mode in fallout 2. (Windowed 16 bit is a lot faster than windowed 8 bit)

>If using a 16 bit colour mode, you can alter the speed of fades

Ah, well killap explained to me a few things about his patch.

I have found out that using the arrows on the high res screen doesnt work and crashes. he doesnt know why yet, but i found that to be the case. you ahve to manually dial in the values into the boxes and then it works.

also, I think you have xp. I dont think you have windows 7 64 bit. Without 16 bit switch being turned on, the whole game is visually corrupted.

Here is my question. Is the Fallout 2 Hint Book, and the Vault City endgame easter egg computer still removed from the mod? I always liked taking advantage of them, after playing through the entire game, and was always disappointed that they were removed. Black Isle obviously wanted them there.

Suliks frames while attacking using sledgehammer with Leather armor in left-down direction seems to be
somehow flashing. I noticed this while being in Toxic Caves and fighting Golden Geckos.

By the way: how long do Polish players need to wait for translation? Speaking and understanding english is
a bit hard to me. I would prefer to play mod with polish translation.

Although this mod definitely has less content bugs, glitches and blanks than the original game, it definitely screwed up the engine.

Currently I've encountered three major bugs. Apparently I've been semi-killed and am a semi-ghost, as:

1) Nobody attacks me, ever. I can run right through caves full of radscorpions, I can stop and sit by the fire with a band of robbers/slavers/whatever from a random encounter, I can insult and diss pretty much every person alive and I won't be attacked until I specifically go and shoot someone. I can go right into the new slaver camp and talk smack at all the goofs there and even though they're promising to tear me a new asshole, they suddenly forget about that once the conversation ends, letting me loot and pillage their camp without as much as a slap on the wrist. I'm guessing failed stealing attempts wouldn't result in hostile action as well, but that's something I have to check. My char is a CHA/INT level 6 and doesn't have ANY perks chosen yet (waiting for high-level perks), so there are no perks that warranty this kind of friendliness.

2) Enemies who have knives, bats, teeth, claws, spears, hammers, cooking utensils, pipes, crowbars and any other thing that's not bolted down to the ground and can be used to clonk someone on the head on, don't just stand next to me and clonk me - they invade my private space and step onto the very hex I'm in. I admit my character is a skinny dude, but one hex's too small for two dudes. Besides, this results in me shooting myself all too often. Is this intended?

3) Game stops (animation plays, mouse is active but cursor invisible) when the screen fades to black when sleeping with the girl in Modoc - the screen blackens, but doesn't unblacken. Fire sources are still visible and animated in that time. After half an hour I got bored and decided to close the game and play tetris instead.

Number 1 and 2 started happening after a very odd savegame load somewhere in the Modoc caves - I and my enemy gecko were at few HP, I shot the gecko, he died, I took next turn, the gecko rose from the dead and killed me, I rose from the dead, killed him, he rose from the dead.. all while my ammo was apparently infinite as it didn't end. I rezoned and the gecko stopped playing Jesus and stayed dead when shot, but I gathered this Jesus Gecko thing was all an Easter Egg, or a very weird bug, so I kept playing, but from that time problems 1 and 2 started.

Your problems sound like you are marked as 'dead' by the engine. It's a very old bug, that happens every once in a while, due to unknown reason. I've never experienced this by myself, but there are reports from people all over the years.

This bug is older than the Restoration Project...
Anyway, there is an easy fix. Go here and download F2se.
It can only find your first 10 saves, so if you have a higher number you will have to manually rename your save.
Start the editor and choose your save. Press the Misc tab and then in the lower right side there's a check box for Ghost mode.
Tick it and save and then un-tick it and save again (or if it's already ticked, just un-tick it).

Just my luck, Lexx. If there's a bug that may, in theory, happen when someone accidentally does an impossible combination in the right microsecond, then I'm going to get that. Repeatedly.

Edit: Also, thanks for the info on that bug. Fixed it, it'll be fun to kill people I've smack-talked to.

Another bug: Curtis, the boy/girl whose doll is missing, is missing himself. He's not south of cassidy's bar, he's not anywhere in the courtyard.

Did he get removed along with other cassidy's patrons when I picked cassidy up?

He was there for me. Maybe he randomly moved away in your game.

Back