Lamest Fallout 3 Ideas Ever:

What is the lamest Fallout 3 idea ever?

• Katanas! (Not part of 50's science fiction styles, you white trash ninja!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swords (Not practical in the post-apocalypse, when spears and axes serve much more real function.)

• FOOL (Not only did it kill Ultima, but no online version would ever resemble Fallout or a good CRPG.

• Guns Akimbo (This isn't John Woo, or The Matrix.)

• More Real-World Modern Guns (Why do the Counter-Strike morons neglect to read the weapon description

• Turn-Based and Real-Time Together (Hah! Someone has no clue about combat engine development, balanc

• RT+P Combat (Why does the combat have the be dumbed down so it plays itself, if the rest of the game

• Make Fallout more like Postal. (Classic idiocy.)

• GTA:SA-style weight lifting to improve physical attributes.

• McLarens with superchargers (CONFLICT: Omega is SO Fallout-inspired!)

• Talking heads was a neat system, but perhaps something a bit more advanced is in order now. (Just si

• Controllable NPCs (NON-Player Character!)

• In F3 it would be awsome to have a worldwide campain but being able to do what you want, maybe even

• Sim Fallout (The indie spin-off was an okay idea, but micromanaging a town...)

• Skills should cost a different amount of points, because osmosys was a complete moron and didn't hav

• Morrowind-like travel, spending HOURS walking through endless wasteland.

• Total voters
I know how it may sound like, but none of these options sound lame *enough* for me. I mean, I've seen so many lame and ridiculous things in games and movies, I'm not even bothered by such stuff.

I guess F:BOS had all the lamest things I've seen so far in a Fallout game (hot, dual-guns blazing chick in a gay Power Armor making cartwheels and shit - or so I've seen in the trailer).

One of the worst ideas I've ever heard was posted on a fan forum back in 1999 or 2000: Include a "sex mini-game" that you go to instead of the "fade out" when your character has sex with someone.

I think we can feel safe about that not making it in, though, especially given Beths reluctance to putting in adult content that is appropriate for Fallout (child killing, etc). As for the poll options... There are just too many to choose from. I am, however, very miffed by the decision to move towards a more FPS style game by abandoning turn based combat.

If FO2 has a wakizashi, what's the problem in finding a katana?
Anachronism is not a weak point, as long as it keeps the general design intact. The .223 pistol is hardly 50-s, or the Unforgiven movie references. Get a grip on yourselves.

I think the main problem with this new 'game' is that it's pretty much a 'Pimp My Fallout'. You give them a retro vehicle in working condition, with just a few things to shine and renew to make it run like new, but no, they add LCD screens on your gear pedal and remove the engine to include a swimming pool. It may be cool, but the whole point is lost.

There are some really bad ideas, yet a sI look at things I feel I must speak up for night vision. Not a goggles cause thats just lame, but a night vision scope was out as far back as the 1940's.

Of course I suspect the instant someone suggested a forty pound backpack to have a glowing red dot over your rifle the flood gates of "But its set in the future! Why would it be clunky? and stupid looking?"

Ahh... those fond days when walking through the wasteland meant talking to people, and fighting for survial and not pretty graphics. But that is a discussion for another thread.

Fenwick said:
There are some really bad ideas, yet a sI look at things I feel I must speak up for night vision. Not a goggles cause thats just lame, but a night vision scope was out as far back as the 1940's.

There is a night-scope "addon" for one of the guns in FO2. The FN FAL or whatever it's named. I voted for RT+P. No any reason as I see all of the above as 'meh'.

I ve seen many much worse Ideas then the ones you can vote on so I did not vote on the poll:

Here is my opinion of what are really bad ideas for Fallout:

- Nuleair exploding cars
- Fatman
- "the good knights of BOS" vs "evil mutants" battle as centre of the whole Fallout game
- use the same kind of environment over and over again (cough Oblvion):

Environmental variety: Fallout 3 needs to step away from the Oblivion aesthetic and make its own stamp on the gaming scene. We understand that the world is a post-apocalyptic one, so there will be a lot of rubble and lot of drab, ruined environments. Let’s hope that these don’t get as repetitive as Oblivion’s ubiquitous forests.
source: http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Fallout-3-vs--Oblivion.aspx?catid=Features&Page=4

- censoring mature fallout ideas: no childkilling, no groin shots, ... (where will it stop?)

As patriot_41 said the sword you found in FO2 was a good idea to me, and some of the other options are also good ideas if seen in the right perspective.

I claim this poll to be badly flawed.

Their should be a "all of the above" choice because it took me to long to figure out which was the worst.

I'm sure you can turn off the "Quest Compass". I'm assuming it's like the thing in Bioshock that I won't admit I used through the whole game.

Fenwick said:

Same here. Rest of the ideas in the poll are nonsense and non-canon, but I could live well with some limited NV technology in Fallout.

In 1944-45, Germans tested NV systems with assault rifles(StG44 w/ Vampir Zielgerät 1229). Apparently some sniper rifles and even machineguns were fitted with NV sights. Even bigger NV mounts were used in Panther tanks and half-tracks. All of those were also used in combat, but in very limited numbers.

So, some cumbersome and ugly night vision sights would fit nicely as a hard to find/expensive hi-tech.

Vaultranger said:
So, some cumbersome and ugly night vision sights would fit nicely as a hard to find/expensive hi-tech.

Maybe one that ran on nuclear power cells from a bulky backpack, giving the player a reason to try and conserve power and use torches or flashlights more often?

That wouldn't be bad at all, really. You would have to choose between limiting yourself to a 1-handed weapon and a torch/flashlight, or you could use the NV-goggles and have both hands free but be consuming expensive power cells.

Vaultranger said:
Fenwick said:

Same here. Rest of the ideas in the poll are nonsense and non-canon, but I could live well with some limited NV technology in Fallout.

In 1944-45, Germans tested NV systems with assault rifles(StG44 w/ Vampir Zielgerät 1229). Apparently some sniper rifles and even machineguns were fitted with NV sights. Even bigger NV mounts were used in Panther tanks and half-tracks. All of those were also used in combat, but in very limited numbers.

Yea, we were using them in WW2. That means they were probably tested before WW2.

So if they are in the game, then that is fine. Also why are we even talking about night vision devices? Why don't we talk about how helperbots and such didn't exist in the 1950's?

In F3 it would be awsome to have a worldwide campain but being able to do what you want, maybe even visit another planet to stop aliens. But if you could go different places do different things hell buy a home get married and have kids (lol).

Back