Let's be thankful!

Has anyone watched this:The Phantom Edit?

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but according to the Wiki, several edits have been made to improve the flow & maturity of the movie. Here is a quick list of the edits:

• - Re-editing of nearly all scenes featuring Jar Jar Binks and removing some of what Nichols dubs 'Jar Jar Antics.'
    - Removal or re-editing of most of the Battle Droid dialogue
    - Limiting of exposition throughout the film
    - Trimming scenes involving politics
    - Re-arrangement of shots and scenes to match the original Star Wars trilogy's presentation style
    - Removal of "Yippee" and "Oops" from Anakin's dialogue
    - Removal of dialogue that specifies the nature of midichlorians as a biological basis for Force sensitivity.
Seems like it is a big step in 'correcting' the Phantom Menace.

I didn't have a problem with Return of the Jedi... though, Empire Striked Back is my favorite and it's the only star wars film I don't own. (I only own two of the original)

Faceless_Stranger said:
Hassknecht said:
It's like the old and new Star Wars movies. Just a sequel instead of a prequel.
For years, the fans got nothing.
Then, the fans got an aimed shot to the groin because there was a whole new generation of fans to please out there.
Naturally, the old fans are a little bitter now.
Just can't compare a lame love story to IMPERIAL MIGHT. Amirite?
Hell yes.
Btw, fuckin' sweet avatar :D

It's like the old and new Star Wars movies. Just a sequel instead of a prequel.
For years, the fans got nothing.
Then, the fans got an aimed shot to the groin because there was a whole new generation of fans to please out there.
Naturally, the old fans are a little bitter now.

Woah... that's a little extreme don't you think? I hate the prequels so much i like to think that they don't even exist.

Faceless_Stranger said:
Thanks, what's your's from BTW?
It's a dude with an exoskeleton from Stalker.

@Diomedes20:
See? The analogy is pretty excellent :D

I'm thankful for the soundtrack and radio's, and for blowing up Megaton after doing all the quests there, and for the random enemies, and V.A.T.S.

Mr Krepe said:
Evil:
-Megaton goes
-Wasteland gets poisoned
(Broken Steel)-Blow up BoS
(Zeta)-You kill cowboy for cool coat and hat

Killing the cowboy and the samurai was supposed to be evil? I just assumed that since the other people on the ship just watched me kill them without saying anything that it was just something I was supposed to do.

Plus, I needed to take my anger out on something after sitting through Mothership Zeta for three hours. :evil:

1. The GECK - Modders made a average/good game into an excellent one.
2. The wasteland - Well realised in terms of looking like post nuclear war Washington.
3. The graphics/art direction - Despite what others say the graphics were good.

Sneaking and big ass world. To bad it turned out to be uninteresting in the end...
Graphics.
Point Lookout.
The Pitt....but I had some awesome glitches and game crashes there.

The DLCs where good (I do like point lookout as a unique off the wall section)
Art Design
getting enough people to look at the fallout games that Fallout 1 and 2 are now easily obtainable.
outcasts

I have to say I'm thankful for Fallout 3 because it awoke me to the Fallout franchise and also because it started the franchise up again and a mediocre Fallout is better than no Fallout. Lets just hope it doesn't turn into a Sonic or Super Mario fiasco.

Back