Let's be thankful!

I'm thankful it has a "Quit game" button.
I'm also thankful it made NV possible.
But most of all, I'm thankful it got me into Fallout.

Relentless666 said:
But most of all, I'm thankful it got me into Fallout.
It's a sad thing though, isn't it. :look:

When I first played Fallout 3 it wouldn't stop crashing on me, piece of shit. So I got Fallout Collection and tried that out instead, had loads of fun with that (albeit, after a few restarts of Fallout 1 because of the damn water chip and I was a noob :lol:), when I finally got around to playing Fallout 3 (after a few patches had been omitted) I was so sorely disappointed with what I was set up for, it truly doesn't compare in my eyes.

But I guess... that's something I could "thank" it for, crashing on me... ;)

I'm thankful for the Bobblehead, screw the game, I never took it out of the plastic wrapper.

3502621519_6a6a8edbe3_o.jpg

.Pixote. said:
I'm thankful for the Bobblehead, screw the game, I never took it out of the plastic wrapper.

That's a pretty expensive bobblehead, then. I liked that lunchbox it came in as well.

I thank it for letting me know Fallout existed. After being horribly disappointed by Oblivion, I scoured Beth's website to see if they were making TES V, I saw Fallout 3 in developement not sure what it was. So I looked into it, not knowing the universe, I'll admit, I got hyped, so I looked around and found Fallout and Fallout 2, played the first one and fell in love with it. Got a little discouraged at Fallout 2 at the beginning due to the difficulty but managed to finish that too, loving it also, but not as much as the first. Then I got my hands on "Fallout" 3... and here we are.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Relentless666 said:
I'm thankful it has a "Quit game" button.

Didn't the game crash every time you used it before they patched it, though? :look:

Nah, worked fine. Maybe because I'm playing on a PC or maybe I was just lucky. I don't recall, I didn't play that much.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
My evil playthrough: destoryed Megaton,

as a result;

TenPenny Tower became my residence, Megaton refugees hunted me in the wasteland, some quests were blocked off, as was an entire city.

In vanilla FO3? The only one I can think of is the "repair the pipes" one. What are the others?

Leo Stahl, killing the prostitute for Moriarty, Wasteland survival guide, Blood ties, church donations (?) ability to obtain Jericho, Holy water..eh thats just what springs to mind.

Black Feather said:
You can still do the Survival Guide, because Moira becomes a Ghoul. Makes perfect sense huh :roll:

Oh heres me thinking direct nuclear warheads exploding next to your sheet metal shack resulted in death.

Thank God Bethsoft are here to prove me wrong.

Wasn't Moira "out scavenging one of the places near Megaton" when it happened? I don't think she was in her shop.

Still stupid though, I don't like how they ret-conned the Ghoulification process, even in New Vegas there are fresh NCR ghouls at Camp Searchlight.

Threepwood said:
Leo Stahl

A single Speech check. You can do that in one minute before destroying Megaton.

killing the prostitute for Moriarty, Wasteland survival guide, Blood ties

You can do those anyway.

church donations

Are you kidding me...? But if you want to throw away money there's also the church in Rivet City, so again it's not a lost "quest".

ability to obtain Jericho

Not a quest.

Holy water.

Not present in vanilla FO3.

thats just what springs to mind.

Correction. That's all there is and is not exactly much.

Lexx said:
Clothing stuff was better in Morrowind, where you could really change everything and even wear a skirt as a man.

Those skirts came in handy when you wanted to look more like a Roman legionnaire with the black and purple skirt.

Anyone know why the Imperial Legion armor set changed so dramatically during the reign of Uriel Septim VII? I liked the Morrowind style, better. Bethesda changed the game from a Roman-inspired empire (artistically) to a medieval kingdom.

Hm, the Empire in OBLIVION reminded me of the Byzantine Empire, a mix of Greek, Roman and Western Knights. I don't know why they changed it, but iirc the Imperials are descendants of Nordic Invaders and therefore a medieval-themed artstyle would make more sense.

Morrowind was my first RPG, and it holds a special place in my heart... Oblivion just pisses me off as soon as I hear that remix of the Morrowind theme. I think that Morrowind's combat system was the closest thing to traditional PnP rules a first person game can accomplish. Dice rolls, fuck yeah.

I liked most of Fallout 3 [prepares for stones being thrown] aside from the story (which i don't mind the basic outline, could have been done better, deeper and longer *giggity*) and the glitches. I don't see the big deal with the character, they saw he's whinny, I saw it as a good idea just not so great execution.

Black Feather said:
Hm, the Empire in OBLIVION reminded me of the Byzantine Empire, a mix of Greek, Roman and Western Knights. I don't know why they changed it, but iirc the Imperials are descendants of Nordic Invaders and therefore a medieval-themed artstyle would make more sense.

Because an Lord of the Rings nordic like fatasy setting sold at that time better. Or so did they thought. ~ And it seems they hvae been right. I mean if you follow the history of Tamriel or the Elder Scrolls to say i that way if I am not completely wrong here the main city was meant to be in a kind of jungle like location. Of course Oblivion was with its location just as boring and "generic" like with its quets and player challanges. I would have loved in that time a more interesting approach in to the continent of Tamriel. Particularly since that time was not filled with Sandbox RPGs like today which give you so many different locations now (just see Two Worlds 2 ... as bad as the game is, but it offers quite some diversity).

Thomas de Aynesworth said:
Anyone know why the Imperial Legion armor set changed so dramatically during the reign of Uriel Septim VII? I liked the Morrowind style, better. Bethesda changed the game from a Roman-inspired empire (artistically) to a medieval kingdom.

One could always argue that it was a special set for Morrowind. Though the idea behind it was to give many things a reference which can be compared to something in real. At least thats what I have read on the Codex once when they have shown a letter by a programmer which has left the Morrowind team short after it was finished cause he dissagreed with something I think. And he said that with the design they got the order to make everything or almost everything with a reference ~ this also came with the "dont lie to the player rule" where story writters got the task not to design the story in a way that NPCs would ever steal or lie to the player if they hvae been honest in the past.

Actually, yes, the majority of the province of Cyrodil is supposed to be tropical, almost east Asian inspired, with rice plantations being commonplace. If Beth would have kept the artistic style, it would have made for an interesting contrast: Roman rule/architecture in a Vietnamesque setting.

Back