Long Hair Dude

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Josan12, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Ok, i'm starting a new thread for this mod which has been in the works for a while now.

For anyone who doesn't know, x'il and I are making a complete new hero critter set that has the long-haired 'Ian' head. It's alot of simple, repetetive work but will, in our opinion, add something really new and fresh to your FO1 and 2 experience: not having to look at that same old short-hair dude on your next playthrough.

So this is a rallying call for anyone who digs Fallout, hairstyles and thinks the chosen one should be able to go to a hairdresser and get his hair cut from long to short. Hell, if we get some help with this, you'll even be able to get it all shaved off and look like Cassidy.

How awesome is that?

So, here's our progress page ...

As you can see, we're at least 60% finished, and with help could finish it alot quicker, and then have a chance of finishing the bald set (which is actually 60-70% finished already)

And here's what he looks like:

So if you're serious and want to be credited helping with this most excellent mod, let us know by PM or this thread. You won't have to do much - even 1 or 2 FRM's is a help. All you'd need is GIMP or (prefereably) Photoshop and we can show you the technique (it's easy).

2. brother_soifran

brother_soifran Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 14, 2008
    lol, I love the running one ! :)

Brother Soifran

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes, looks pretty good once again. Wonder what the status of the bald head dude is...

4. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Create separate models for every hair colour, also black versions of all you've created? :V

5. Chris Parks

Chris Parks Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 10, 2006
    Nice work guys.

With your permission, I'd like to uee the new creature sets you are making in MR.

6. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Yeah, me too, Brother. That's Josan12's btw, he really nailed it there. :)

Of course you can use them... :) (when it's finished, won't be long now, i think)

7. brother_soifran

Oct 14, 2008
    Yop X'il, check you Mail box please, the AS,AR dude is finished ;)

Yop timeslip, check yours also please :)

Thanks all

Brother Soifran

8. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    as i said. No progress for now, cause i am still waiting for my new graphic card and cannot use my computer, sry. But i will continium as fast as i can.

@thread, looks really amazing!

9. Elitech

Elitech Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2008
    The running one reminds me of the main char in one old Blizzard game... called Blackthorne :D

10. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Thanks for the encouragement, fellow Fallout fans! I was hoping someone would rally to the call and join our little team, but encouragement is the next best thing.

If anyone out there wants to help make this mod a reality feel free to speak up in this thread or PM me or x'il. Don't worry - you won't be committing yourself to tons of work: any amount of help is appreciated. And as i said - it's easy to do. Lisac2k made this tutrial vid showing how it's done:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Making_a_new_character_using_existing_Fallout_characters

11. x'il

Mar 3, 2009
    ... ... ...

(...)
    Roamer, wanderer
    Nomad, vagabond
    Call me what you will

(...)
    Wherever I may wander, wander, wander
    Wherever I may roam

:twisted:

12. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
  13. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Eternal the kiss I breathe
    Siphon your blood to me
    Feel my wounds of your god
    Forever rape mortality
    I smell of death
    I reek of hate
    I will live forever
    Lost child pay the dead
    Bleeding screams of silence
    In my veins your eternity

14. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Fuckin' Slayer!

[Jump In The Fire solo]

Though he's headbanging like he's listening to something slower.

15. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    He is headbanging to a intro.

/Edit: On the wiki page I can read:

Wasn't this animations from Josans additional stuff? IMO, this isn't 100% needed at least yet, so I would say, leather armor is mostly done too, only death animations left?

16. lisac2k

lisac2k Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 26, 2004
    One step closer... :D

17. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Yes, that's right. The >> means 'optional' - and i think we will probably release the mod without my new animations and then do a 1.1 that includes as many 'optionals' as we can do.

18. brother_soifran

Oct 14, 2008
    Hello.
    X'il, I believed I had finished the
    HMHIPSAx (basic movement set) ?
    No ?
    'cause it seem not update in the wiki.
    Miss something?

19. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Hmm just wondered because for leather jacked there is minigun and rocket launcher then optional too. But for player animations it is needed. :>

20. x'il

Mar 3, 2009
    Yes, you missed something. The jumpsuit A set is no longer on the "still-left" list but on the "completed" list. Hey, how about those frm's i told you on my last message?, you didn't say if you were going to make them or not.

We figured nobody's gonna be wielding a minigun or a rocket launcher on the jumpsuit or leather jacket. But, they remain an option.