Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Eh, I have found another issue. I can't refuel my car, I try to use MicrofusionCells on it and "That does nothing" message poops up all the time. Anyone had thay issue? When I played F2 without megamod, it worked normaly

Eh, I have found another issue. I can't refuel my car, I try to use MicrofusionCells on it and "That does nothing" message poops up all the time. Anyone had thay issue? When I played F2 without megamod, it worked normaly
Try using the other thing. THe one you use to power up laser and plasma pistols. See if it works.

check ddraw.ini for

Code:
CarChargingFix=1

if it doesnt exist or set to 0,change / add it to 1

Nirran

Hi everyone. Me again with Sulik's sister bug.
I've tried to fully reinstall game using another (not Steam) version of the game. Tried to load older saves. But bug still appears.
The only way that helped was editing savefile with some utility wich is present on this forum but you will lose the experience and I don't like the idea of changing saves, because I am not sure that I do it right and there are possible bugs.

@MIB88
I remembered another issue that bothered me for a long time. I wonder, why Sulik and Klint cannot use brass or spiked knuckles? They both can fight HtH, so they definitely have proper animations. Can you fix this and make possible for them to use all HtH weapons, including power fist ? ;-)

@MIB88
In New Reno Renesco doesn't actually give a discount when I offer to pay his tribute to Salvatore. His prices are as high as usual. This is not a new problem, it was like that even in v2.46 or even earlier, I think...

@MIB88
Slaver Camp causes problems again. This time I came there as a Ranger, so there was no chance to talk my way through. I killed all slavers and their dog, but when I try to open the door of the slave pen, I see the message that slavers are nearby. I saw this exact situation in the first release of 2.47 (if I remember correctly), but I know it was fixed since. Could you please check if all variables set correctly with the latest update?

PS.: Checked the save file: GVAR 1128 (GVAR_WIPED_OUT_SLAVER_CAMP) =1 , but 961 (GVAR_HAS PERMISSION_TO_OPEN_SLAVE_PEN) = 0

PPS.: Changed 961 manually, but then all dialogs are as if slavers are alive (Sulik rushes to "attack"). Interestingly, in Status I have two different lines about the Sulik's sister, one is scratched and one active (see screenshot):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sIOf1r9gG209C1mL8PalGflAxQtj3-Xr

Last edited:
When I try to leave Den residential area the game constantly crushes. It doesn't matter what I do there: it's just enough to go there and back. It also doesn't matter, whether I'm alone or with the party.

Out of curiosity I've looked into map script file and find something very peculiar in the map_exit procedure.
Namely, sentences like this:
if (10 == 1), if (10 == 5), if (10 == 11) and similar.

WTF is that (pardon my french)?

P.S. I've recently reinstalled the game from scratch and installed megamod 2.47 with both patches.
Script-file in question is quite old (modified 24.09.2009). There are no newer files in both patches. So it shouldn't be the reason for the crush, but still.

Ofcourse carchargingfix=1, that was a misspell cause it was night already

question : is ur save with out being able to recharge the car started before u added a MM patch?i did some scripting on the car code in a play through of my own,and ran into the car body being updated with a difference scenery number(pid),result was i couldnt refuel the car,may be something similar

Nirran

Thanks for all the reports.

On the first Map of Sulik's Tribe, if I look at the dead body, I get "Error".
Body's script is rtribc5a.int, but there is no rtribc5a.msg file that the script tries to call.

By the way, similar problem seems to be with the crate of stimpacks at the meeting with the merchant. I've renamed tribei2.msg into rtribei2.msg. Hope it does the trick. But the .msg-file for dead body is missing.

If you have any text files that begin with "tribe" they should all be renamed to "rtribe" or "rtrib". Originally, the MM had a different version of the Primitive Tribe that is included now. The one included now is the one from the Restoration Project. Of course, these files never made it into any later patch as they should have because simply renaming a file doesn't change its created or modified date. The next update will have these files correctly named.

The file for the corpse is rtribc5a.

@MIB88
- Old coins (two kinds of silver coins) do not stuck together in inventory, each one acts like unique item.
- Still there's a problem with "repair the purifier" quest in Broken Hills. I can enter the mine, and I can walk until the fight mode activated. Then I see clock-shaped cursor and the game freezes. It does not matter if purifier is fixed: I managed to get to the purifier without a fight using Sneak, but on my way back one ant saw me, attacked me - and the game predictably froze.

The coins do not stack because technically each is different as they could have different counts regarding the number of times the coin may have been flipped. It has to be like this, or else, if you had 5 coins, and you flipped only one, they would all then be heads or tails.

I cannot reproduce the error you describe with the Broken Hills mine.

@MIB88
I remembered another issue that bothered me for a long time. I wonder, why Sulik and Klint cannot use brass or spiked knuckles? They both can fight HtH, so they definitely have proper animations. Can you fix this and make possible for them to use all HtH weapons, including power fist ? ;-)

My understanding is that they will use the best weapon depending on the best skill they have. If they choose to use another weapon besides a HtH in their inventories, then my guess is because they have a higher skill with the other weapon. Are you saying that they will not use a HtH weapon even if there are no other weapons in their inventories?

@MIB88
In New Reno Renesco doesn't actually give a discount when I offer to pay his tribute to Salvatore. His prices are as high as usual. This is not a new problem, it was like that even in v2.46 or even earlier, I think...

I vaguely remember this issue, even from when Killap was working on it. I thought that, in order to see the discount, you had to close the inventory/dialog and then talk to him a second time? Or, have I remembered that wrongly?

@MIB88
In San Francisco in the Red 888 Guns shop one of the three tables placed backwards and one cannot check its' content.

I'll check out the mapper as soon as I can restore the program that Norton falsely identified as a virus (which I'll do after Norton is completely removed from my computer).

@MIB88
Slaver Camp causes problems again. This time I came there as a Ranger, so there was no chance to talk my way through. I killed all slavers and their dog, but when I try to open the door of the slave pen, I see the message that slavers are nearby. I saw this exact situation in the first release of 2.47 (if I remember correctly), but I know it was fixed since. Could you please check if all variables set correctly with the latest update?

PS.: Checked the save file: GVAR 1128 (GVAR_WIPED_OUT_SLAVER_CAMP) =1 , but 961 (GVAR_HAS PERMISSION_TO_OPEN_SLAVE_PEN) = 0

PPS.: Changed 961 manually, but then all dialogs are as if slavers are alive (Sulik rushes to "attack"). Interestingly, in Status I have two different lines about the Sulik's sister, one is scratched and one active (see screenshot):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sIOf1r9gG209C1mL8PalGflAxQtj3-Xr

Hmmm. Maybe I forgot to add that condition to the door script. If all the Slavers are dead, then of course permission should be set to 1.
As for those two missions, it means I have an old variable referenced somewhere. One of those variables (i.e. missions) is for the other Primitive Tribe from another mod. Obviously I have not removed all references of the old variable.

Last edited:
The coins do not stack because technically each is different as they could have different counts regarding the number of times the coin may have been flipped. It has to be like this, or else, if you had 5 coins, and you flipped only one, they would all then be heads or tails.
Wow! I didn't know these coins have purpouse other than being just another sellable object! What do these coins do? I already tried flipping them, but I saw no apparent changes in anything...

I cannot reproduce the error you describe with the Broken Hills mine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w7kb6mauU6aBSWpoT6W7R8cZoUypo4De - here is my save file immediately before entering the mine. In this save I did not have the part from NR, but it's all the same - game completely freezes after entering the attack mode inside the mine.

My understanding is that they will use the best weapon depending on the best skill they have. If they choose to use another weapon besides a HtH in their inventories, then my guess is because they have a higher skill with the other weapon. Are you saying that they will not use a HtH weapon even if there are no other weapons in their inventories?
Yes! Neither Klint nor Sulik will equip any kind of HtH weapon even if it's the only thing they have in inventory. I find it strange, because they can fight absolutely barehanded, and the animation is the same. Can you check what's stopping them from using knuckles or fists?

I vaguely remember this issue, even from when Killap was working on it. I thought that, in order to see the discount, you had to close the inventory/dialog and then talk to him a second time? Or, have I remembered that wrongly?
Actually I never tried to leave the dialog completely and "return for my discount later". I always use the "let's do my "discount" purchase now" dialog option. By the logic of the phrasing it _should_ immediately activate discount - but it does not.

@MIB88
More about Sulik, Klint and HtH-weapons. I checked once again, they never equip knuckles from their Combat Control menu by themselves. But! When I switch to direct control (ControlCombat=2) I can put knuckles in the Klint's weapon slot and I can attack with them. Also, after the battle I can see in Combat Control menu that knuckles are properly equpped. So the problem is only in the Combat Control menu logic, which forbids for NPC to choose HtH.

Last edited:
If you want Sulik to use HtH weapons, go into his stats and for weapons choose the option "unarmed." Then, if you tell him to use the best weapon, he will pick whatever HtH weapon he has that does the most damage. (if he is high-level, and you tell him to use best weapon, he will use a gun. Because DUH! Even if he has a PowerFist, Sulik is smart, and knows that the best way to kill is from far away. ^^).

Also, if Sulik is a "ranged" fighter, nothing will make him use HtH weapons.
(Tell him to be an "unarmed" fighter first.^^).

It is SO EASY to GIVE MYRON A HAPPY ENDING!
(Just remove the Ending Panel that tells us of him getting shot and PRESTO! Happy ending for Myron!).

I like MYRON because HE ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF EVERY TIME I TALK TO HIM!
He always greets me with, "Hey there, Gorgeous!" :D
So, naturally, I am not keen to let anything happen to a nerdy but mostly good-natured boy like that. (:

I JUST REMEMBERED WHAT I LIKE ABOUT SULIK!
I remember giving him spiked knuckles to use, and later on, we acquired a gun and he became ranged.
But sometimes, he will have extra action points, but not enough to shoot, and he will just HIT the bad guy for whatever action points he has left. And after battle, I would look into Sulik's inventory, and I know I keep a set of knuckles on him, and they would be gone! His sprite looks like he is carrying a gun. IT MEANS THAT SULIK HAS TWO HANDS AND ONE HAND IS FOR SHOOTING AND THE OTHER FOR HTH! (because that is how it plays out in the game^^).

Yeah. I love this game.
A guy on youtube was talking about some game named FORTNITE and I checked out the clips of it he showed and I INSTANTLY MISSED FALLOUT! (because the guns look REAL and SHINY and REALISTIC! There are other reasons I love this game too, though!^^).

I remember discovering EPA for the first time and my fave addition was CAT JULES!
In-game, I liked Kitsune more because she was the least chatty.

But the first thing I ever did in the new EPA, was TO REVIVE DEX WITHOUT THE ERSI CAN! :D
Because every time I play, my karma ends up being so high I might as well have a halo.
(Because it's boring to be evil. It's too boring to kill the unarmed.)

But now I know what to do with Dex.
I DRAG HIM TO NEW RENO AND LEAVE HIM THERE!
LET HIM PUT THE FEAR OF GOD INTO THE WHORES!
XD
CUZ DEX IS BADARSE.
LET ALL QUESTIONABLE LADIES MARRY NICE BOYS RATHER THAN TURN BAD GIRLS.
Dex can help in the only way he can.
By scaring them away from being bad girls wid his trusty glinty knife FOR THE WIN! ;D

Dex and I will never get along.
But we can come to an agreement. (:

I need to play a nerd game and take SKYNET.
(Is it easy to give SKYNET a talking head? Because that face that the Big Computer has for him in Sierra looks REALLY NICE. At first I thought, WHOAH! DID THE GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENT ON ALIENS? when I first saw it? But then I realised that it was SKYNET. LOOKS REALLY COOL!^^).

I like Fallout because it is story-oriented and because it teaches that ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.
Yes, you walk around in armor and a gun, but IT IS ALSO REALLY EASY TO GET KILLED IN THIS GAME.
And the ones who get killed are the ones carrying guns.
(Because simple folk stay in towns and don't get caught up in the nonsense.).

Fallout has a lot of positive messages like that. :D

AND OMG KLINT!
I LIKE *SAVING* KLINT!
I ALWAYS TAKE HIM WID ME BECAUSE I *KNOW* WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE TRIBE. ;_;
If Klint's with me, HE WILL BE SAFE!
(Might get crippled limbs and a kick in the groin or a few, might get shot to the point of being almost dead, BUT IT'S NOTHING A DOC AND A HEALING POWDER CAN'T FIX! THEN WE LIGHT UP SOME WEED AND SMOKE THE STRESS OF POST-NUCLEAR WAR LIFE AWAY!^^).

I am convinced that Klint and Chosen One marry, in the end. =)

I wish it was possible to plant stuff on Klint by using STEAL on him.
I do the same to Sulik and he is perfectly cool with it (as long as he is in my Party.^^).
Klint should be the same.
(I don't get why Klint would give me a dirty look and ask what I was doing. He is acquiring equipment he never had, SO WHY SHOULD HE COMPLAIN?^^).

Back