Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Muttie

Muttie It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 9, 2017
    Take your time. I'm off MM for now. I'll go back to it and finish the rest (everything after Klamath) but I don't know when. So much to do, so little time.

Anyway, I found another small upgrade option:
    The animations of HFR00S03: _hfmaxxQ..).(...) (8 in total) can be used to update the 8 animations of NfMaxxQ..).(...).

And regarding the Saber, although I may repeat stuff that is already known:
    Simply adding DM (and naming it OM/SM) doesn't work. Apparently, it needs more than that.
    And switching from a vertical-swing (OJ/SJ, once renamed to OG/SG) to a throw (AS) is possible, but switching back causes a hiccup. And it needs to toggle the hand-slots (like a reset of the saber) before OG/SG can be used again. It works, but it's clunky.
    The placeholders using the knife swing (“DG”, renamed OG/SG) and which are currently the only “dudes” that are working, have the same issue, i.e. to attack normally again it needs to reset the hand-slot after each time the saber has been thrown.
    Perhaps a consequence of combining AS with a weapon set?

The damage & ammo have been improved. Making this version of the Sniper Rifle a top three Small Gun in the game (damage wise) and much more deadly than the classic version. It's on par with the .223 Pistol. However, it looses out again when a 5 AP weapon can attack twice, compared to a single 8 AP shot, but I'm not sure if there is so much difference between 6 AP & 8 AP other than cancelling some Fast Shot usage with the Sniper Rifle.
    However, I do agree that weapons should be capped at 7 AP (8 AP with aimed shot), otherwise it excludes too many builds from using them.

The EPA in MM is a different version. I'm not sure if you can get any companions in this one. At least Dex shouldn't exist, as I couldn't find his text file.

2. DPoiman

DPoiman First time out of the vault

Mar 13, 2019
    Well, thx @MIB88 and @Muttie for answers, i alwyas use sniper as weapon for companions, now i need to find something different.

also i can post another problem : on Vault 14, when talking with Dawson and saying that we can make a wannamingo pet - leads to dead end, all text wanish and nothing can be done.

also what boost provide armor for Marcus? his AC seems to be the same, shame i cant look on his other stats ... at least he looks like Lou ;]
    EDIT* when Marcus have his new armor - when you ask him to stay - there crash error

EDIT2* - companions cant rly use power or advenced power armors, cose they mess with companion stats - after save/load they lose str bonus instead of gain it (like recive -3 str instead +3)
    Similar bug with drugs, save/load case buffs dissapear. Like their stats have to be always the same.

another problem with sound - Bozar (now 14mm sniper rifle, lol) equiped on marcus have no sound

oh and last one for now - prv. Dobbs "combat controll" is totaly messed up, everything alwyas swith back to "null"/"none"/"error" etc ... he act on his own, but at least he lives :D

a question - there is a readme with all features of megamod? or at least big detailed guide? there is many things that is not mentioned anywhere (like saving prv. Dobbs)
    and what i can do with Bess? i will NOT sell her (im good man) there is anything else to do with her? or just letting her free?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  3. NotTheChosenOne

NotTheChosenOne First time out of the vault

Mar 20, 2019
    I found some major bugs that make the game crash or don´t work at all (honestly i stopped playing because after so many years the Mod is still full of bugs and content that brings nothing to the game...):
    - Could Heart Farms - if you try to engage the 2 scorpions, one in the farm and the other in the tunnels, the game crashes.
    - Broken Hills - if you make the tests against the scorpion, on the agility test the scorpion will attack you when you win. If you try to engage the game crash.
    - Broken Hill - Markus don´t join your party after all quests are done - yes, all done! ("too much things going on right now.")
    - New Reno - Father Tully asks you alcohol from Abbey but quest cant be made. No dialogue options related to this quest after you get him what he asked. It keeps in your pipboy.

Found some other minor bugs but don´t wanna waste more of my time with this.

Honestly, the only thing good i found on this Mod was the Killap´s RP content and Dude 101 Modoc mod. What a waste of time... Hope this mode would be worth playing in ten years or so.

4. Muttie

Oct 9, 2017
    Another one (hurray!, I guess :roll:): You may use the enlarged death animations from Fixt (that's (BE, BH, BJ, BK, BN, RE, RH, RJ & RK) for MAMTNT(...).(...) & MAMTN2(...).(...).

You may also update some death animations, for example Fixt added a few to Power Armour (used the same as for mutants just enlarged (but only to medium size). Anyway, I believe those can be used for any Power Armour (Advanced (HANPWR) and without helmet (NAPOWR)) as they are “neutral” animations (aka all burnt, fried, cooked, lightened up, chicken winged, toast).

There are more options. I posted this before (frm archive) but it may not be up anymore, so here is another version of the spreadsheet I use to navigate frms: http://www.filedropper.com/falloutcritterfrmsv02 (this version has a few typos fixed)

Just select all, unmerge and sort and you should be able to check if any mod out there added a new frm to an existing set (like RP added MAMURTBH.(...) but it is included in MM). Anyway, that's how I put together my frm feedback for MM. And if you want you can check it for new frms to add to MM, like the PA of Fixt etc. (just sort (by type then armour) and compare).

5. Dretnoth

Dretnoth First time out of the vault

Dec 9, 2015
    Hi. I sky rocket most of the conversation but i have addition on that defend farm against Mezers mans. So I dint know if it was answered.
    I think that disappearance of the attackers weapons are on purpose.
    Look at this. It will give the player a to good advantage on early game, for low price.
    I think if there will be a add-on to the end quest line like: "Sorry. We will take the weapons, because we need something better like this pipe rifles, for our defence on our trip. But here I give you that promised weapon, some ammo, and some cash." So it will clear the confusion.

6. Muttie

Oct 9, 2017
    I found a way to look into scripts (aka open int files). And I went and have a look if it's really as simple as I thought.

I made some notes and found a few more (minor) bugs (DcBilly.int, DcBilly.msg, DcMetzge.int, McKarl.int, NcKitty.int, NcCorBro.int, vcNancy.int) and a more severe one (Leyla.int). If you haven't already this may help to make the fixes (probably some repetition of the obvious, but still): http://www.filedropper.com/feedback

Anyway, I hope this solves more issues than it creates.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Muttie

Oct 9, 2017
    Some elements of MM are not yet adjusted to the three Fallout genders (male, female & dumb).
    I went and checked the Colly dialogue.
    I appreciate that implementing a dumb version (and female alternatives) is a lot of work, but in several cases it may be possible to just tweak the msg a little and fix it that way.
    I did that and listed all gender references I found in the document, as well as a few simple options to fix the text.
    Eventually it will need to implement all three Fallout genders (male, female and dumb), but for now, you may go over the document, include the simple msg adjustments (if you agree with them) and keep the rest of the document for later when there is time to implement the two other genders (female & dumb) fully. Which probably takes a bit (female) or a lot (dumb) more time.
    However, I believe Colly can be a lot of fun for a dumb character (Humphrey, Grizzley's kid (playmate), the red haired kid, Leyla feeling sorry for the simple “chosen-one” and so on.)
    Currently everything is just “Err...”, when surviving Humphrey and his gang.
    http://www.filedropper.com/collyfix
    I've also listed a few typos as well as two minor bugs (NcCorBro.int (bug) and Josie.int (a removed option?)) I found.

8. MIB88

MIB88 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
  9. seba4285

seba4285 First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2015
    Hello!

Guys, can you upload the last version of Megamod files in a host ?

I cant find the last version because this was deleted! and because this, I cant play fallout 2 again :(

Thanks very much!

10. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    isnt this from OP what ur after

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7alak90s5k90l30/Megamod_2.47.1.7z

11. seba4285

Jul 23, 2015
    hello Nirran, how are you ?

The last version of megamod is 2.47.3.2 ??? i think these are!

12. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    ah MB,here is the update to .3

Attached Files:

13. seba4285

Jul 23, 2015
    THANKS MY FRIEND!!

First install the base file, and later install the update ?

14. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
  15. seba4285

Jul 23, 2015
    THANKS!

16. arroyoman

arroyoman First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2019
    I am new to the Megamod and I absolutely love it! Great Work!

However, I am stuck in the Abbey, as I cannot find the secret room and brother William in the basement. I have been searching the walls in the north-east corner of the basement........cant find anything yet. Any idea how to find this secret room?

17. Valerij Bosch

Valerij Bosch First time out of the vault

Nov 15, 2018
    ->Klamath
    ->Trapper Town
    ->Person: "a pretty young lady"

I can talk with her, I can offer her to join the bath business but refused because we dont know each other enough.
    So I talk with her, flirt with her until I reach the dialog with 2 options:

->[She tries to keep her distance] Honey, Your so sweet... But I got married not so long ago...This all went to far...

1.So? We both like this game, so why should we stop?
    2.Your are married.Yeah you are right there.

I try to pick option 1 but it always stays with the same dialog...only option 2 is working...Please, for the god of chads, let me have my way with this wahmen

18. John Cassidy Joestar

John Cassidy Joestar First time out of the vault

Aug 22, 2017
    I love the mod ! But I think some items are underused and needs some rework.

Something that can increase Sequence, Armor Class and Critical Chance are needed.
    For example : Nuka Cola adds +10 Sequence, Psycho adds +10 AC, and Jet adds 10% critical chance (not really lore friendly but addiction is really underused by players).

Anyway love the mod, love the community.

19. Valerij Bosch

Valerij Bosch First time out of the vault

Nov 15, 2018
    ->Slaver Camp

Once Im there and talked with the leader of this group, I get a key to the house on the right site to get some slaves for metzger. Once I try to open the cage It chashes. Tried it with my group and alone, still crashes.

20. arroyoman

arroyoman First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2019
    Marcus not speaking and unresponsive after talking with him about sterility issue with mutants.

After much experimentation, i found out that by changing the value of his 5th and 6th local variable to 0 using a save editor will solve the problem.