Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Hello,

I've been having crashes to desktop when mousing over a scorpion in combat when the cursor is for targeting. It doesnt always crash on every scorpion, but it's always scorpions (big or small) that crash the game. I reinstalled fallout 2 and then installed the megamod 2.47.6, I also copied over the savegame folder and worldmap.dat; but the issue persisted. The only additional files im using are from party_orders, which doesnt re-write any files. Is there a crash log I could provide?

Radscorpions you say? For me it's Ants since vanilla (and not even on every playthrough), and only when using unarmed for some reason... the engine is really cursed sometimes...

Hello,

I've been having crashes to desktop when mousing over a scorpion in combat when the cursor is for targeting...

Please tell me that this isn't happening on random maps. Hopefully it's specific maps. Could you tell me which maps? I remember an issue a long time ago where this was happening. Back then, it was a matter of a scorpion being placed on a map, but then I had updated the proto file afterwards. It was a simple fix requiring me to just remove and then re-add the scorpions to certain maps.

I haven't a clue, though, about the ant problem.

Last edited:
Please tell me that this isn't happening on random maps. Hopefully it's specific maps. Could you tell me which maps? I remember an issue a long time ago where this was happening. Back then, it was a matter of a scorpion being placed on a map, but then I had updated the proto file afterwards. It was a simple fix requiring me to just remove and then re-add the scorpions to certain maps.

I haven't a clue, though, about the ant problem.

From what I remember, it was in random encounter maps, as well as in the caves that are sometimes in the encounters. I dont remember having an issue in the temple of trials, but I dont remember any other unique maps that have scorpions on them.

Would you be able to shed some light on another issue I have; I'm getting a cutscene of Hakunin telling me that "the village dies", and the game exits to main menu, but I did the quest to get the AFR poison. I didnt expect there to be a game over condition, do you know why this could be happening?

Thank you.

Yeah, I don't know, then, what's going on with the scorpions. And I haven't experienced it on my latest playthrough.

Other than the AFR, the only other condition leading to the game ending would be if you played for more than 13 years in game.

Are you using some type of editor program like FALCHE?

For everyone else:
I'm finally finished remaking the new EPA maps in the MM. Playtesting now. The exterior and utility levels are fine. My headache now is the elevators on level three. Why in the heck would two elevators on the third level with the same script lead to different places?! On top of that, some elevator options lead to the worldmap. Some options lead to the same exterior/utility map rather than the main sublevels map. Ugh, what a mess.

I'll work on it a little more. But, if I can't find the answer, then I'll just cheat and remove an elevator or two and make it so the player has to climb down using a rope. But, I have a feeling that will not fix all the problems I'm experiencing here. Or maybe I'll finally learn how the MM's elevator.ini file really works.

Edit: Wait. I remember. There is an engine limitation. Ok, I guess it's time to learn how that .inii file works!

Last edited:
Leading zeroes by any chance in your map ids? Sfall added an ini parser, and it reads leading zeroes with only numbers following as octal!

Yeah, I don't know, then, what's going on with the scorpions. And I haven't experienced it on my latest playthrough.

Other than the AFR, the only other condition leading to the game ending would be if you played for more than 13 years in game.

Are you using some type of editor program like FALCHE?

The date the game is on is Feb 4, 2242, which is before the 3rd Hakunin dream. In the arroyo archive section I can see that I completed the quest to save arroyos crops as the note has a strike through it. I did use the f12se that's included in the megamod to change my special stats, but I dont think I changed anything else. I tried to change the date in the game with the f12se to a month prior, but still got the game over dream when exiting the grid.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. I've played this mod before previously and didnt have this issue so I was really confused as to why I'm hitting a wall.

Edit: I was lucky enough to have a semi recent save that was only 20 days behind, I traveled to arroyo to see if I could trigger anything to not get a game over. I found that I was able to advance past that date without getting the dream. So it seems that for now I dont have this issue anymore.

(the hakunin dream seemed to be a custom cutscene with him only saying only: "Chosen? The Village dies. All of our Futures die too" rather than the full line from dream sequence 3. So it may be some mod content related to that movie thats having an issue.)

Last edited:
The date the game is on is Feb 4, 2242

oh so it's the sudden village death ending, thats neat
"Fallout 2 Cutscenes Fourth Dream Hakunin (Alternate Cut)"

originally meant to fire
July 20, 2242
or after leaving Vault 13 for the first time (after receiving the Experience Points for finding it)

Hi,

While at the slaver main camp, I had an issue with the door to to building with sulik's sister. The door tells me that I should kill the remaining slavers and that it needs a key, but I beleive that I have killed all the slavers on the map, and I looted the key ring. But when I use the key ring on the door it says that it does nothing. I had the issue where the text interface covered the screen, but I was able to go through combat and save, restart the game and be fine. I imagine that it might be related to the script issue that plagues the area, and if so, that's fine. I tried adding the slvcc4.int script to see if it would fix the door but it didnt, and I dont have a save before starting the fight so I cant retry, oh well.

Hi MIB, any news on the next update? Hope I'm not being bothersome!

EDIT: Take your time obviously, just curious :razz:

Last edited:
Running into this on the stimpack quest in Umbra Village. What do I do to stop this crash?

Attachments

• 微信截图_20230825200323.png
    微信截图_20230825200323.png
    900.1 KB · Views: 111
Hi MIB, any news on the next update? Hope I'm not being bothersome!

EDIT: Take your time obviously, just curious :razz:

Finally got the dang elevators to work in the new EPA... which means I probably broke something somewhere else (quite possibly the Brotherhood base). In exploring the new EPA, though, since I'd never been there before, I clearly made the toxic gas section way too deadly when I re-added all the spatial scripts. Since I had no idea what was intended, I just guessed. I'm going to have to redo that, now.

@futurephdwriter : You're missing more dialog files. Regarding the files @Goat_Boy provided, did you put them in the right place? I'm not questioning your ability to read. But, I wonder if your game is in more than one location. I could have sworn I remember reading about this once. Like, if a game is from Steam or GOG, it adds the game to one location on your computer, and runs the game from there. But then, when you add the mod or try to add files, you might put them in the wrong location. Ugh. I wish I knew how to say it clearly.

Last edited:
Finally got the dang elevators to work in the new EPA... which means I probably broke something somewhere else (quite possibly the Brotherhood base).

That's awesome, can we expect a release sometime soon? Been looking forward for this new update for a while (couple years now lol)

Back