Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

2 other issues I found:
- After sex with Sheila in the Hole in Den I still have the same amount of money.
- Also Sheila gets suddenly angry with me, calling (in red colored text) me a jerk and does not speak with me anymore. It happens after talking to the first guy in the slave guild (the conversation which starts automatically). If I reload it, it happens again after talking to him.

- I am little surprised that Mira has only Strength 3 and Small Guns 25. Is the mod for her not working?

Last edited:
I got
15 Karma for the trials
5 Karma for getting the dog back in Arroyo
0 Karma for helping at the shack with the dog
I found nothing else to get to get Karma in Arroyo.
I also startet the game again and tried it again, same issue.

There is no bug here. It works. There are things you can do to increase your karma.

- Leaving the sewers in Klamath with the ladder, so you come out of the Toilet (which is closed from the inside) does place the characters outside the toilet. If I remember correctly, it was a toilet closed from the inside and it was possible to open it after coming out of the sewers.

This is the case. It becomes unlocked after the first time you use those stairs. However, if you have too many party NPCs, then they may appear outside the toilet, since there is not enough room inside for everyone. Or, I may have specifically added that to prevent players with large parties from getting stuck. I don't remember anymore. But, if the door is unlocked after you have gone up the stairs, then it is working properly.

- Is there still a kid with a cookie in Klamath? Because I could not find the kid.

Yes.

- I can get Torr the bottle job, but cannot get the job to help Torr guard the cows. (Mentioned in the Megamod guide, but I think it was not available in earlier versions, too.)

The quest to guarding the brahmen was taken out by TeamX as part of the New Vision mod. I haven't re-added it yet.

- After sex with Sheila in the Hole in Den I still have the same amount of money.
- Also Sheila gets suddenly angry with me, calling (in red colored text) me a jerk and does not speak with me anymore. It happens after talking to the first guy in the slave guild (the conversation which starts automatically). If I reload it, it happens again after talking to him.

I'll check this out.

- I am little surprised that Mira has only Strength 3 and Small Guns 25. Is the mod for her not working?

The mod for her is to level up and have more dialog options. This is working, as far as I know.

Last edited:
- I have another issue when I enter the mine in Broken Hills. A fight starts and the game hangs up. The mouse pointer is a clock with rotating hands and nothing happens anymore.

Sometimes if the monsters are far away, I can start a fight, but as soon I tried to shoot, it hangs again.
Also just tried an earlier save, before I went to New Reno and get the same issue in the mine.
Also removed all members of the party and went alone into the mine.

- After marrying Miria it is not possible to do the brahmin protect job anymore.

- If I fight Lenny in the box ring and I get him unconscious, after Lenny wakes up he is friendly and I am trapped there cannot speak to anyone. Lenny is not much of a talker.

- after entering the fake Vault 13, the car is gone. You can see within the walls the luggage compartment.

- after getting the zeta scan in NCR, I cannot speak to her anymore to tell her that I will kill her, but this seems to be a known bug mentioned in the fallout wiki.

- The job to scout the route to NCR is possible to take again and again, getting endless 750xp. You tell you take the job and say you did it already and can repeat it.

- Marcus and Brainbot still limited by Charisma and cannot join a big party even if the MC has Cult of Personality. But this maybe an known issue.

There is no bug here. It works. There are things you can do to increase your karma.

I tried to find other ways to increase Karma. I spoke with everyone, but they tell me to go to the Shaman or Lucas. Nothing else to find. Only five points for finding the dog.

This is the case. It becomes unlocked after the first time you use those stairs. However, if you have too many party NPCs, then they may appear outside the toilet, since there is not enough room inside for everyone. Or, I may have specifically added that to prevent players with large parties from getting stuck. I don't remember anymore. But, if the door is unlocked after you have gone up the stairs, then it is working properly.

I also tried to climb the ladder alone, but got only outside of it. The door didn't open.

Last edited:
- I have another issue when I enter the mine in Broken Hills. A fight starts and the game hangs up. The mouse pointer is a clock with rotating hands and nothing happens anymore.

Sometimes if the monsters are far away, I can start a fight, but as soon I tried to shoot, it hangs again.
Also just tried an earlier save, before I went to New Reno and get the same issue in the mine.
Also removed all members of the party and went alone into the mine.

Yeah, it happens pretty randomly. I have no solution.

- After marrying Miria it is not possible to do the brahmin protect job anymore.

Not a bug.

- If I fight Lenny in the box ring and I get him unconscious, after Lenny wakes up he is friendly and I am trapped there cannot speak to anyone. Lenny is not much of a talker.

You're expected to kill him. It's a fight to the death. But, I'll add some code so that if you are in the ring with him and knock him out, he will not wake up friendly.

- after entering the fake Vault 13, the car is gone. You can see within the walls the luggage compartment.

Thanks. I will take care of this bug.

- after getting the zeta scan in NCR, I cannot speak to her anymore to tell her that I will kill her, but this seems to be a known bug mentioned in the fallout wiki.

If you go through with the scan, seems like you would be friendly towards the Hubologists. Why should you then get the option to threaten her? Seems like a good price to pay for the potential benefit you receive from the scan.

- The job to scout the route to NCR is possible to take again and again, getting endless 750xp. You tell you take the job and say you did it already and can repeat it.

This has already been fixed for the next release.

- Marcus and Brainbot still limited by Charisma and cannot join a big party even if the MC has Cult of Personality. But this maybe an known issue.

Skynet is not subject to Cult of Personality. Same for K-9, too, I think. Marcus, however, should be subject to it. I'll look into this.

I also tried to climb the ladder alone, but got only outside of it. The door didn't open.

I cannot replicate the situation you describe with Klint and Sulik in the party. It works fine for me.

- If I help Krom in the primitive tribe location I get the error "GDialog::Error Grabbing text message!", when I examine the 50 Stimpacks
- There are 2 bodies named Nessa in the woods with the radscorpions and rats, not sure if this is important.
- I waited till midnight, but the ghost does not appear.

What mod included in this makes the worst part of the game (temple of trials) even more miserable and how I can remove it? I'm legit angry at whoever thought this was a good idea.

the mod actually makes the temple a bit easier, unless you forgot to remove patch00, or whichever thingy that was... is that still required?

the mod actually makes the temple a bit easier, unless you forgot to remove patch00, or whichever thingy that was... is that still required?
Idk here's what happening for me. I tested it using the default Narg character. Version 2.47.6
You have no spear at the start.
There's a new enemy variant called giant red ant.
The locked temple door you usually lockpick is now a smashed door you need to pry apart.
To get open it you need to pick up a metal pole off of a skeleton that is guarded by a giant radscorpion (sometimes, it's random) and a bunch of small radscorpions.
After you do that you go to the next temple map where there's an extra troll room now.
The troll room has nothing in it's chest.
The explosive door puzzle on this map is completely changed.
Instead of plastic explosives, you need to pick up a stone slab and put it on a pressure plate to unlock it.
Said slab is in one of the rooms.
There's also a bunch of ants in this map now.
I got frustrated and quit playing.
Maybe I should change the starting map in the ddraw.ini to the village, but idk if that'll break any scripts.

or remove some trees at the temple entrance map, so you can exit via the grid
I tried changing the starting map in the ddraw.ini, but you get no xp and the scripts are messed up. I have no idea if the solution you mentioned would work even if I knew how to do that because of the results I mentioned.

No idea why the temple was changed to be more difficult, but that's the author's decision. I breeze through it in vanilla Fallout 2 usually, and its not even a problem. I'm sure the mod is a great Fallout experience, but I had no idea about this. It's my fault ultimately for not researching the mod more.

It's my fault ultimately for not researching the mod more.

Good you point this out as I wanted to say something similar.
Removing trees can be done via FO2 mapper. I might even have an edited arctemple map somewhere that I could upload to bypass the temple. Guess it might be compatible with the megamod

Yes, that is correct. I think the creators of that mod figured that the player should have some skill with/knowledge of that weapon (which requires throwing and melee skill) in order to improve it.

And just to keep everyone posted: I have finished rebuilding some new EPA maps which were made by Lexx. I am now in the process of updating all the new/updated scripts. No guarantees on the timeline. Hopefully, I'll have that new version out by the beginning of July.

Still planning to release it in July...or RL got seriously in the way and it might even end up in July...2024? :sad:

Idk here's what happening for me. I tested it using the default Narg character. Version 2.47.6
You have no spear at the start.
There's a new enemy variant called giant red ant.
The locked temple door you usually lockpick is now a smashed door you need to pry apart.
To get open it you need to pick up a metal pole off of a skeleton that is guarded by a giant radscorpion (sometimes, it's random) and a bunch of small radscorpions.
After you do that you go to the next temple map where there's an extra troll room now.
The troll room has nothing in it's chest.
The explosive door puzzle on this map is completely changed.
Instead of plastic explosives, you need to pick up a stone slab and put it on a pressure plate to unlock it.
Said slab is in one of the rooms.
There's also a bunch of ants in this map now.
I got frustrated and quit playing.
Maybe I should change the starting map in the ddraw.ini to the village, but idk if that'll break any scripts.

equipment is based on tag skills and SPECIAL now i think

There is a bolt you can use to deal extra damage
the giant radscorpion should be gone or it's been reintroduced, i think your install messed that up
The Troll Room chest can have items in it, which is confusing

The stone slab is probably because if your exlosives skill is low you risk killing yourself in vanilla game
the ants are weak, one or two punches kill any of them, vanilla influence makes them a bit tougher

Last edited:
A newer version of the MM has actually been ready for a while. An installer was being worked on. But, maybe that hit a snag. So, I'll give it a little more time. If it's not released soon then I'll release my complete version. It won't be an installer version, though... Just a "copy all files to your game folder" version. So, there won't be a choice of options other than what people decide to change in sfall.

And, unless I can get the new EPA exterior map to work, it will have the old one. Not sure what is going on there. The map works in the mapper. I've made all required changes to scripts, items, scenery, and critters. But it keeps crashing in game. I just haven't been able to figure it out.

Also, the giant scorpion should still be in the temple. I never removed it. Maybe TeamX's point in adding that is to teach the player not everything needs to be engaged or sometimes it is better to run.

As for a chest or any other container having items, there is a script which affects all containers. So, what what you "know" to be empty actually has a chance to have random items.

Last edited:
time to reinstall Fallout 2 then again!

actually, i'm bad at patience, how long will "a little more time" be?

Last edited:
Good news: I found the piece of scenery which was causing the crash. Bad news is that I hadn't saved many older versions of the map, meaning I will have to rebuild the EPA exterior map... again. I think it will be for the second, or possibly the third, time. Going to try to rebuild everything and have it released, hopefully, by the beginning of next month. Again, it will not be an installer version, though.

Last edited:
Take your time MIB88, dont feel rushed.
Get a release out the way YOU want.

I'm not feeling rushed. I just want it done. I've spent way more time than I've wanted to on that locaton. And, to have to remake maps after I've already done it twice is annoying AF. So, no, it's getting done soon.

Last edited:
I got a couple of dialog crashes. First one with BOS recruitment quest. Right after getting vertibird plans and going to the bunker it is a hard crash. Note that the entire Siege start with script error where Enclave besieging force keep shouting error. I guess they are afraid of the coding. Second one was a dialog in Location with the Slaver camp tho it's not a hard crash. You just need to restart the game and save to fix it after that you will have to talk with the npc again. It's probably script error. Also sulik village quest when you strike stimpack deal.

Back