Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Finally got the dang elevators to work in the new EPA... which means I probably broke something somewhere else (quite possibly the Brotherhood base). In exploring the new EPA, though, since I'd never been there before, I clearly made the toxic gas section way too deadly when I re-added all the spatial scripts. Since I had no idea what was intended, I just guessed. I'm going to have to redo that, now.

@futurephdwriter : You're missing more dialog files. Regarding the files @Goat_Boy provided, did you put them in the right place? I'm not questioning your ability to read. But, I wonder if your game is in more than one location. I could have sworn I remember reading about this once. Like, if a game is from Steam or GOG, it adds the game to one location on your computer, and runs the game from there. But then, when you add the mod or try to add files, you might put them in the wrong location. Ugh. I wish I knew how to say it clearly.

Yes, but I don't apparently have the ones for the siege.

That's awesome, can we expect a release sometime soon? Been looking forward for this new update for a while (couple years now lol)

It seems he will redo the EPA gax toxin section to be less deadly plus probably fix the Brotherhood base which might have ended broken due to the EPA map changes.

I guess it will take him at least a couple of months to get it done.

That sure sucks as I've also been waiting for a few years for this update but looks like MIB88's RL responisbilities won't allow him to do it faster. :(

It seems he will redo the EPA gax toxin section to be less deadly plus probably fix the Brotherhood base which might have ended broken due to the EPA map changes.

I guess it will take him at least a couple of months to get it done.

That sure sucks as I've also been waiting for a few years for this update but looks like MIB88's RL responisbilities won't allow him to do it faster. :(

Not quite. I've aready done all the hard stuff. And, I'm not some over-achiever. I am perfectly content releasing something that is "good enough for now." I'm going to redo the spatials tonight. It's like, a 15 minute job. The Brotherhood Siege maps and other locations have been broken for a while. They can continue to be broken a while longer. But, seriously, my fix to the EPA may have broken the one part of the Brotherhood maps that did work. I guess I'll find out when I get to that location to playtest.

But, you'll have no installer. I had a version ready back in April to release, but was told there were some people who were going to work on an installer version. So, I waited and started working on the new EPA maps. Well, I'm done with that. So, I'm going to release my version. Nothing fancy. It'll be just a bunch of files that gets unzipped inside your Fallout2 folder. Those use to having an installer are just out of luck this time. And for people who don't like some aspect of the mod, hmph... oh, well.

Edit: Whoa! I thought it was the way I overlapped the spatial scripts that was causing such a super dangerous area. No, it's just the script itself. And, I see that other party members aren't affected at all by the goo or toxic gas. That... I don't like that at all. I think I'm going have to change that part.

But, for those who have played the new EPA in the RP, does the area seem ok? I mean, I was guessing that the player character should be able to survive getting through the area if they had a bunch of stimpacks if they didn't have a gas mask. But, the way the script is written, there's no way that is possible. The only option is to use the gas mask or else.

Last edited:
There's a gasmask in the wall locker right before you step into the toxic room.

Thanks. Yes, I caught that. But there's no guarantee everyone else will catch that wall locker. And also, it may be necessary for another party NPC to wear it if I end up changing the script to make party members susceptible to the gas.

make party members susceptible to the gas
You will also need to script the whole "wearing off poison" mechanism for party members, or they will retain their poison level forever.
The built-in mechanism (both poison and radiation) only works for dude_obj. That's why in vanilla game the related functions don't work on NPCs.

Not quite. I've aready done all the hard stuff. And, I'm not some over-achiever. I am perfectly content releasing something that is "good enough for now." I'm going to redo the spatials tonight. It's like, a 15 minute job. The Brotherhood Siege maps and other locations have been broken for a while. They can continue to be broken a while longer. But, seriously, my fix to the EPA may have broken the one part of the Brotherhood maps that did work. I guess I'll find out when I get to that location to playtest.

But, you'll have no installer. I had a version ready back in April to release, but was told there were some people who were going to work on an installer version. So, I waited and started working on the new EPA maps. Well, I'm done with that. So, I'm going to release my version. Nothing fancy. It'll be just a bunch of files that gets unzipped inside your Fallout2 folder. Those use to having an installer are just out of luck this time. And for people who don't like some aspect of the mod, hmph... oh, well.

Edit: Whoa! I thought it was the way I overlapped the spatial scripts that was causing such a super dangerous area. No, it's just the script itself. And, I see that other party members aren't affected at all by the goo or toxic gas. That... I don't like that at all. I think I'm going have to change that part.

But, for those who have played the new EPA in the RP, does the area seem ok? I mean, I was guessing that the player character should be able to survive getting through the area if they had a bunch of stimpacks if they didn't have a gas mask. But, the way the script is written, there's no way that is possible. The only option is to use the gas mask or else.

So you are certain then that the release is only a matter of weeks and not months?

I do not mind a lack of installer, as I played this mod even before installers for it were made.

Thanks. Yes, I caught that. But there's no guarantee everyone else will catch that wall locker. And also, it may be necessary for another party NPC to wear it if I end up changing the script to make party members susceptible to the gas.

If I can make a suggestion maybe dont make companions susceptible to gas? It'll be a pain to manage as a player :cry: Maybe just keep it as it is?

You will also need to script the whole "wearing off poison" mechanism for party members, or they will retain their poison level forever.
The built-in mechanism (both poison and radiation) only works for dude_obj. That's why in vanilla game the related functions don't work on NPCs.

Thank you. I didn't consider that at all.

If I can make a suggestion maybe dont make companions susceptible to gas? It'll be a pain to manage as a player :cry: Maybe just keep it as it is?

It's not going to happen for a while, yet. But, it will happen, eventually. It just looks so weird to me that they can walk around in toxic environments without a care in the world while the player character is on the verge of death.

So you are certain then that the release is only a matter of weeks and not months?

I'm talking the end of this week. I am not making all those changes now. I just wanted to make sure it works and that the poison doesn't extend outside that room. Going to test a few things on the map, then pack everything up.

Last edited:
isn't there a way to script so that "when inside area, use sprite B instead of A" in order to fake wearing gas masks? and have the locker with the gasmask say "one-per-person" or somthing similar

Well, there's no sprites for mask usage. But, yeah, something like that could easily be scripted, to say everyone in the party follows suit and grabs a mask. Or, to add a mask to the party NPC inventory if the player character has one. Or, I could just add 9 more masks to the locker. There's several ways to address the issue... later.

Well, there's no sprites for mask usage. But, yeah, something like that could easily be scripted, to say everyone in the party follows suit and grabs a mask. Or, to add a mask to the party NPC inventory if the player character has one. Or, I could just add 9 more masks to the locker. There's several ways to address the issue... later.

This is the most bugged crap ever. It crashes constantly and is completely bugged. I just lost my game. I did the setting up of the trader for the village, and when i go to the exit area, it puts me in a completely black area I can't leave saying it's the EPA warehouse area. How do I get my character out of this so I can continue playing. This is now the 15th time I will need to restart the damn mod because it does this all the time. The siege crashes all the time because it's missing the dialogue file. . .and it crashes constantly.

Help please.

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    818.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 微信截图_20230902134625.png
    微信截图_20230902134625.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 120
This is the most bugged crap ever. It crashes constantly and is completely bugged. I just lost my game. I did the setting up of the trader for the village, and when i go to the exit area, it puts me in a completely black area I can't leave saying it's the EPA warehouse area. How do I get my character out of this so I can continue playing. This is now the 15th time I will need to restart the damn mod because it does this all the time. The siege crashes all the time because it's missing the dialogue file. . .and it crashes constantly.

Help please.
I take it you're playing this in English?
Are you using any other mods?
Have you tried reinstalling the game?

My folder seems to be missing some files like f2_res.ini and sfall config/data files after a clean install and unpacking of the 2.47.8 file.
Also from a quick glance, some stuff like hero appearance mod might be an older version in this release compared to previous ones(missing punk girl that previous 2.47.6 and 47.5 had).

Nothing I can't quicly fix myself, just wondering if this is intended or not, or if maybe I've done something wrong.

My folder seems to be missing some files like f2_res.ini and sfall config/data files after a clean install and unpacking of the 2.47.8 file.
Also from a quick glance, some stuff like hero appearance mod might be an older version in this release compared to previous ones(missing punk girl that previous 2.47.6 and 47.5 had).

Nothing I can't quicly fix myself, just wondering if this is intended or not, or if maybe I've done something wrong.
I didn't want to put some of the .ini files in because everyone has their own setup. I didn't want to overwrite those files and mess up people's settings.

And it's entirely possible there are some missing optional hero appearance files. Those may have been added by @_Pyran_ as part of the installer version. I haven't added them to my game yet, which is pretty much what I uploaded.

Thank you MIB88!
And thank you for your hard work putting this together :ok:

Hard work?! Please! I'm like, one of the laziest guys ever! Hard work would have been making an installer version. That is the snag from April, when the last version was ready. There was talk of making the talking heads all optional. I included two sets of scripts to assist with that back then. But, I wasn't going to assist with that moving forward. (And, while waiting for that release, I started working on the new EPA.) THAT is hard work: trying to make multiple versions of things for optional versions. No thanks.

Last edited:
Hard work?! Please! I'm like, one of the laziest guys ever!

Hahahaha nah man, making all these FO2 mods work together is no small task.

Been meaning to ask do you have source codes for the Megamod? Although, I seem to remember you mentioning that you work with decompiles but I may be wrong.
If you do have sources would you share them with me, if possible? I'd like to make a mod for this project.

Back