Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

A problem... I think the old hag text file is completely messed up. Other character seem to be right.
Screenshot - 4. 8. 2019 , 18_32_30.png Screenshot - 4. 8. 2019 , 18_33_10.png
Save game induced.
Gog version

Attachments

@Dretnoth
What did you do before talking with her? What actions have you taken in the village?

Edit: Something weird is going on. The necessary script isn't in the mod folder. It's not in my game folder, either. And now that I think about it, this is the second time this has happened. Not sure why, but that damned script keeps getting deleted.

If you have ahelder.int from a previous version, then it will work properly.

Ok, here is the elder's script. For those who don't know, just unzip the archive and add the file to the data/scripts folder.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, talk to woman on left explore that bucket and go talk to elder.
On start of the game I talk to to Clint about trial but dint get anything useful from it.
Here is slot before entering the final chamber in temple and effect are same. Did that messed the game.
If i remember correctly I must redo the installation because the game dint want to run.
i was previous version installed (probably gog)
i pick to un-install it
i copy reserve folder 1.2d as base
i put mm...4
set procesdat2 to run as administrator and run it
set fallout2.exe as administrator and try to run (process show in task manager but that all, 20 min later it same)
terminate it and try delete the folder to redo it (not allowed opened in another program) (currently the same/ cant delete it) [here is screen shot of process]
Screenshot - 4. 8. 2019 , 23_51_15.png
do install f2 GOG to new folder, put mm in, procesdat without run as administrator,
f2.exe = game work, got to elder and get this, no other crash or erors
Maybe this is just my local error event because it was already a week when nothing happens that will cause me questioning reality.
(Edit: Last line or post dint needed.)
(Ups: I was want to say that my (this text) report was not needed to write )

Attachments

Last edited:
No, the proper script is missing somehow. Please download that elder script and try it.

TheFirstElk
Check if the save folder is not set read only.
check if you have msvcr71.dll in main folder.
Try search this and previus room for ansver, i think its discused somevhere.

TheFirstElk
Check if the save folder is not set read only.
check if you have msvcr71.dll in main folder.
Try search this and previus room for ansver, i think its discused somevhere.
Thanks. I'll try that. Is it also normal for The Temple of Trials Entrance to be in 4:3, instead of filling in the screen? It looks jarring, because when I go to the next area, it fills the screen again.

your newest readme is missing the line
"After you have copied the contents to your
main Fallout 2 directory, run the ProcessDat2 file. This file will replace a file
inside the master.dat file.", which seems like a pretty big oversight.

Also going into Den's new area to the west triggers this error:

https://imgur.com/bETLfge

EDIT: I cant talk to people in Broken Hills. Clicking on the town guard, the doctor, francis or the bartender does nothing. But I can still talk to marcus, the caravan guy and the vertibird pilot trainer

Last edited:
I can confirm Elder script missing, would that mean we are missing ahelder.int in script folder and can we just copy it from previous versions of megamod?
I assume it was not changed

Last edited:
I have no problem get to den residential are. But i got Another bug or glitch.
DEN - Night raid in gangs war. In second fight the enemy leader are not spawned but Laras gang still try to find him.
The troops are still busy try to find but when i leave the are the quest are completed. (Normaly it shall be completed when combat end, and fail when i leave the house. If i remember correctly)
Maybe its/ or not, a problem that i dint start new game after replacing the elder script. (not even started the crops quest)

TheFirstElk
No, that's not normal. I using gog version, and start the game via launcher. If i try run it by just Fallout2.exe i got annoying white dots on vids and graphic. But all is clean when i use launcher.

obimark
look at post #665

Attachments

Last edited:
Ah, yes, didn't reread after editing. Just to confirm, it works like a charm.

Encountered a bug, cannot enter Den residential, I'm getting memory could not be written error.

Last edited:
Still cant talk to the important people in broken hills. Also the bug i reported in this thread over half a year ago is still active, where marijuana in EPA permanently increases your stats.

Hell, I hadn't even made it to the EPA in my latest playthrough. I'm sure it's chock full of bugs.

Don't know what is going on with the Den Residential area bugs. Random crashes? Gang war not working? These are things I tested and played through without any issues.

There was a question about the hi-res mod. No, it is not included. To tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure how to install it. I'm not sure if all the maps from all the mods I've added over time will work properly, so I always hesitated to add it.

Added the ahelder.int file to the archive and re-uploaded. New link to latest version in first post, my signature, and here.

Last edited:
New info.
I started Lara's quests, I did manage to kill Tyler gang at the cathedral. Then... things got complicated. I went with Lara's gang to Den residential, there only three guards were spawned. I think there should be four, I didn't see Tyler and there wasn't any dialogue where Tyler recognized me before melee erupted. So I think there's a glitch within that script somewhere. Also, even though Lara's gang killed all Tyler guards, I didn't get the end of the quest dialogue.
What was positive that this time game didn't crash immediately when I entered Den residential, BUT when I leave via east exit grid towards Den game recognizes that all Tylers guards are dead and awards me experience... after that it crashes.

Take two of Den:
I reloaded before Lara's quest and took out Joey and his two thugs. I figured I could use their weapons. Then I finished ghost of Ann quest and now I can normally enter Den residential at night, however, I cannot go back to Den if I loot squatters... quite puzzling

Last edited:
Broken Hills, lots of characters on first map are non responsive. Starting from Francis, Phil, Doc Holiday, however once I entered the Broken Hills residential and went back they sprang back to life. Seems like their scripts didn't initialize or something

I think I've found a bug.

Cannot find the pot for Aunt Morlis. Checked every house as well as places close to any houses but to no avail.

Anyone was luckier perhaps? Or maybe the location changed since the last version. Hmmm...

Cannot find the pot for Aunt Morlis. Checked every house as well as places close to any houses but to no avail.
Slick the Trader in the Canyon Bridge has is in his misc trading inventory, was like forever there...
if you found it anywhere else that is because of the random loot distribution mod.

2. In the Slaver's Camp when I enter the house where Kurisu is kept whether I choose to open the door to her cell or to talk to her I receive the message "GDialog::Error Grabbing text mesage!" and the game crashes.

That's usually the result of a missing dialog file. And I can't duplicate it. Do you get the same error when talking to any of the slaver's there?

MIB88 have you managed to duplicate the bug? I've just encountered it and searched the web for fix to no avail :(. Is there a fix for the dialog file? I'd be glad if anyone could help me to fix it.
First I played it on ver 2.47.1 then I realised there's ver 2.47.4 and updated it, but change didn't help and I'm still encountering this issue.

BTW. I have few saves before killing the slavers and after if it'd be helpful to replicate it.

PS. Love the mod, keep up the great work.

Attachments

• GDialog Error Fallout 2.png
    GDialog Error Fallout 2.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 731
Back