Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Hmm, the sharpened spear is an Arroyo quest, so it may cause a conflict to have one before you find the flint and get the knowledge to make one.

Apparently it was because i didn't haved the pip-boy, after the trial i was able to get the sharpened spear and other things, thanks a lot

May have found two bugs both at Navarro
1 Dornan stops patrolling the base after reaching your post if your are there
2 Maria never moves and can't be talked to due to inspection dialogue

i have a problem, i can't talk with bess, (the incapacitated bramihn in modoc), now she is a permanent companion, but there goes a problem, i can't talk to her, the dialogue screen doesn't appear, this was not a very big problem but when i try entering vault city, i can't because the guards don't allow large animals, what can i do, i can't dismiss her, and i don't want to kill her, if there's a fix please tell me.

i have a problem, i can't talk with bess, (the incapacitated bramihn in modoc), now she is a permanent companion, but there goes a problem, i can't talk to her, the dialogue screen doesn't appear, this was not a very big problem but when i try entering vault city, i can't because the guards don't allow large animals, what can i do, i can't dismiss her, and i don't want to kill her, if there's a fix please tell me.

You can sell her to the cattle guy in the VC courtyard, but you take a Karma hit.

Last edited:
i have another problem, and this might need to be corrected in future versions, but every 2 days a error screen appears when trying to run the game saying "Cannot load text/fonts", this was not a very big problem, because i only needed to re-install the game, and everythign was ok, but today after re-installing the game all my saved files were corrupted, and now i'm not able to continue.

it´s a really big shame, this mod is pretty good, but if this keeps hapening then it will be impossible to complete the game.

i have another problem, and this might need to be corrected in future versions, but every 2 days a error screen appears when trying to run the game saying "Cannot load text/fonts", this was not a very big problem, because i only needed to re-install the game, and everythign was ok, but today after re-installing the game all my saved files were corrupted, and now i'm not able to continue.

it´s a really big shame, this mod is pretty good, but if this keeps hapening then it will be impossible to complete the game.

Win10? It has a nasty tendency to reset config files on a random schedule. Don't install any games in the Program Files folder. Even in a different folder, my Morrowind game purges the game settings every couple of weeks.

Win10? It has a nasty tendency to reset config files on a random schedule. Don't install any games in the Program Files folder. Even in a different folder, my Morrowind game purges the game settings every couple of weeks.

I installed the game in C:\Games\Fallout 2\Megamod
anyways i lost a lot of progress, a old saved file from when i was trying to don't kill bess, saved me, but but is gonna be a pain in the ass to return where i was

The Siege area has all dialog show as Error. I waited through the (rather long) unreadable banter, went into combat and killed the OPFOR. Then the NPC there tried to talk to me and it crashed out with a dialog error. Any hint on fixing that, I may have missed something in the past 58 pages.

Also, what do I do with these Ulysses Grant items (the 155lb armor and the shortie magnum SIG)? Is there a quest attached?.

I am currently in the slave camp and have the problem with the dialogue freeze.

muttie posted a workaround:

"Slaver Camp
The missing script is: slvcc4.int
Find an old version of MegaMod, take the script and add it to data/scripts (in the MegaMod folder) and it works.
If you can't, this is a version from 2.47.4.1: http://www.filedropper.com/slvcc4
Alternatively, the MegaMod version at the bottom of MIB88's posts (MM 2.47.4) should also include a version of that script.
Not checked if the script itself works within 2.47.6 (should though), but adding it will fix the dialogue freeze (tested)."

Unfortunately, the link is dead. Can anyone else provide the file?

I am currently in the slave camp and have the problem with the dialogue freeze.

muttie posted a workaround:

"Slaver Camp
The missing script is: slvcc4.int
Find an old version of MegaMod, take the script and add it to data/scripts (in the MegaMod folder) and it works.
If you can't, this is a version from 2.47.4.1: http://www.filedropper.com/slvcc4
Alternatively, the MegaMod version at the bottom of MIB88's posts (MM 2.47.4) should also include a version of that script.
Not checked if the script itself works within 2.47.6 (should though), but adding it will fix the dialogue freeze (tested)."

Unfortunately, the link is dead. Can anyone else provide the file?

Attachments

Can anyone tell me where I can find the body of Jim Horton's son? Ruined City is mentioned several times, but I can't find it on the map either.

Apparently it was because i didn't haved the pip-boy, after the trial i was able to get the sharpened spear and other things, thanks a lot
Having the pipboy makes no difference. You must have at least one item in inventory. For some reason adding to an empty inventory causes the game to crash on reload.

Megamod -2.47.5.
Just learned gecko skinning from Smiley, went off to hunt in the Klamath hunting ground. Geckos not dropping skins on death.
I tried setting gecko skin drop in on_death.ini, no help.

Back