Microsoft shuts down several Bethesda studios, merges others

Weird as I'd argue that the general public has become a bit more critical of games than in the past. I'm thinking like the mid-2000s compared to people post-2017 or so. What they are critical of may differ to classic Fallout fans though.
There are still plenty who aren't critical and just want their favorite franchises' skins on any game or DLC they can get it on...
You have a point. People forget how shitty the games market was back then with shovelware and awful movie-license games. The lack of consumer protection and sketchy shit was rampant. Totalbiscuit did a lot of work then, he was one of the big honest game reviewers. He set a new standard how internet journalists and game devs should behave towards eachother and consumers.

Thank you for spreading misinformation.

Dying Light 2 is in 2022.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1715507/

If you want to know the biggest argument about him being fine, go check out Chris Avellone's own words. He's quite upbeat about his situation.

Game was released in 2022, but Techland ended cooperation with Avellone in 2020.

Again, he has not worked on any project since the allegations came out in 2020.

I have no knowledge whether it's because the entire game industry doesn't want to work with him or he's just not interested in the offers he receives.

Last edited:
Paradox owns everything lock, stock, and barrel.
I have an acquaintance who works there, but he's on the game-dev side of the comapny; signing book rights are not his thing. But if I do have chance to talk to him, I'll mention it. I'm suprised Paradox isn't willing to sign it, any particular reason why?

I have an acquaintance who works there, but he's on the game-dev side of the comapny; signing book rights are not his thing. But if I do have chance to talk to him, I'll mention it. I'm suprised Paradox isn't willing to sign it, any particular reason why?

Eh, don't worry about it, I'm complaining about it's low priority not that it isn't doing it directly. The actual deals have been made. It's just they take forever to approve material. We're making progress. Just slowly and I wish they'd advertise the books coming back out.

I'm proud of the work we've done.

Back