Microsoft shuts down several Bethesda studios, merges others

lmao they did this same shit in the early 2000s. bought a bunch of studios did nothing with them and then shuttered them. hopefully bethesda gets closed down. a man can dream

I fully believe he was kicked off the Vampire: The masquerade: Bloodlines 2 project because of the accusation, which ruined it.

But he bounced into Pathfinder and a Star Wars game so let's not overstate his situation.

Vampire (2016-2018), Pathfinder Kingmaker (2017-2018) and Fallen Order (2018-2019) were all before the allegations.

When the allegations came out in 2020, he was working on Dying Light 2 and almost nothing of his writing was kept after he was removed (which was pretty noticable in the quality of main story).

He hasn't worked on any project since then.

normies are now flocking to 76 and defending it. Apparently fixing it in post is a good enough reason to excuse awful game releases.
I don't understand why, the game is fucking awful in every single way and its monetization scheme is disgusting.

I don't understand why, the game is fucking awful in every single way and its monetization scheme is disgusting.
Normies are retarded

When the allegations came out in 2020, he was working on Dying Light 2 and almost nothing of his writing was kept after he was removed (which was pretty noticable in the quality of main story).

Had a feeling I was right. Least he got to sue the stupid woman who accused him

I tried to play it during the free weekend, it was such a disaster. Laggy, buggy and quests that didn't track correctly with party members. Glad I never bought it.

I fully believe he was kicked off the Vampire: The masquerade: Bloodlines 2 project because of the accusation, which ruined it.
That game is in management hell, Paradox is having a hard time being a good publisher. Wonder if anything will be heard of it any time soon. Poetic almost, Avellone got his revenge.

I mean, one of the most basic fuckups about that game is the fact that it doesn't have a textchat. It is a multiplayer game where ORIGINALLY the players were supposed to be the NPC's and emergent gameplay was meant to create a sense of community. And they, what, expected literally everyone to have an amazing mic, want to use it to voice chat and not be a disruptive little shit who plays bassboosted iranian rap? It's been years since its release and it STILL doesn't have a textchat. There is a mod that adds it in but the textchat is crossserver so it's kinda wonky and only those who opt into using it will see any of the messages.

The game is a roadside ditch condom.

I mean, one of the most basic fuckups about that game is the fact that it doesn't have a textchat. It is a multiplayer game where ORIGINALLY the players were supposed to be the NPC's and emergent gameplay was meant to create a sense of community. And they, what, expected literally everyone to have an amazing mic, want to use it to voice chat and not be a disruptive little shit who plays bassboosted iranian rap? It's been years since its release and it STILL doesn't have a textchat.
LOL. Voice chat is so fucking dead in the EU; everyone is embarrassed by their bad English so they'd rather be quiet. That's why I prefer playing with Americans despite the not-ideal ping.

A couple of my friends got into Fallout in anticipation for the show and talked me into trying 76 with them during the last free period.

Everybody on the internet talked how Bethesda fixed all issues with Wastelanders update and smaller patches so I was expecting at least Fallout 4 with friends, but the game is so hostile to the casual player.

The clunky login screen, the way the party system is designed (after 2 hours we've discovered that we're in one big party, but also 2 smaller ones, so the second party was loading in the same dungeon instance but didn't get a quest progress or had to repeat dialogue with NPCs), weird keybinds, building being clunkier than in 4, randoms being able to spam emojis even when you mute them, Pip-Boy having tabs within tabs within tabs, tons of notifications about weapon modding, food/drinking, perk cards, Atom Shop, etc.

And it's just so ugly, yet demanding to hardware when compared to 4.

LOL. Voice chat is so fucking dead in the EU; everyone is embarrassed by their bad English so they'd rather be quiet. That's why I prefer playing with Americans despite the not-ideal ping.
Just so everyone knows, how I type online is not how I speak in person. I typically slur my speech and suffer from every thought in my head trying to escape my mouth at the same time. Also I have a southernish accent and it can sometimes slip out.

Just so everyone knows, how I type online is not how I speak in person. I typically slur my speech and suffer from every thought in my head trying to escape my mouth at the same time. Also I have a southernish accent and it can sometimes slip out.
No issue with that, what's wrong with a southern accent? Most southerners I've met have been very kind.

What's wrong with a corporation telling you how much they care by giving you a free Groomer flag icon to display proudly?

Cynical as corporate pride may be, I at least appreciate any attempt to tell the people who harass and threaten RL friends of mine to fuck off.

Vampire (2016-2018), Pathfinder Kingmaker (2017-2018) and Fallen Order (2018-2019) were all before the allegations.

Thank you for spreading misinformation.

Dying Light 2 is in 2022.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1715507/

If you want to know the biggest argument about him being fine, go check out Chris Avellone's own words. He's quite upbeat about his situation.

Last edited:
No issue with that, what's wrong with a southern accent? Most southerners I've met have been very kind.
To be clear, I'm from Kentucky. No there's nothing wrong with the accent; I was more trying to give an impression of how I speak.

I tried to play it during the free weekend, it was such a disaster. Laggy, buggy and quests that didn't track correctly with party members. Glad I never bought it.

The game is still buggy as hell and the attempts to squeeze every dollar out of the fans of it is awful.

Understand, I LIVE in Appalachia and am very eager to please but it just smacks you in the face.

I think the most egregious part is you need an Xbox Pass to play it and there's STILL a paid subscription in-game.

That game is in management hell, Paradox is having a hard time being a good publisher. Wonder if anything will be heard of it any time soon. Poetic almost, Avellone got his revenge.

Believe me, I know. I spent two years trying to get their back catalog of White Wolf novels republished as ebooks, essentially free money, and they barely have time to sign the contracts.

[/QUOTE]

How is it minsformation? Chris himself said they removed most of the stuff he wrote for the game.

What I mean is him saying that he's had many project offers ever since according to his Twitter and says that things are looking upbeat.

He seems quite thrilled with his victory in court.

So I'm like, "Let's not run the guy successfully defending himself" down.

Believe me, I know. I spent two years trying to get their back catalog of White Wolf novels republished as ebooks, essentially free money, and they barely have time to sign the contracts.
Who owns the rights to the books?
What I mean is him saying that he's had many project offers ever since according to his Twitter and says that things are looking upbeat.
He seems quite thrilled with his victory in court.
So I'm like, "Let's not run the guy successfully defending himself" down.
Got it!

I don't have very high faith for the general gaming public actually growing a sense of taste and critical thinking.
Weird as I'd argue that the general public has become a bit more critical of games than in the past. I'm thinking like the mid-2000s compared to people post-2017 or so. What they are critical of may differ to classic Fallout fans though.
There are still plenty who aren't critical and just want their favorite franchises' skins on any game or DLC they can get it on.

Also, some of yall be talking about these studio shutdowns like we could never get another game in whatever random franchise. They're not selling off the properties, they're shutting down studios. A development studio who made a game and ends up making a sequel in the time it'd take for you to buy a house and have 2 children is not some guarantee that the sequel is made by the same people from the first time around. Especially in these larger conglomerates. The turnover is likely far higher than it is in some independent studio.

Back