Molyneux launches Kickstarter, may be certifiable

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Brother None, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Molyneux' new company launched a Kickstarter. To my surprise, it's not immediately a rip-roaring success. I guess all of Molyneux' disappointing, overhyped games are coming back to bite him in the ass somewhat. Still going well, they'll make it. I have no interest, after Molyneux' recent works, as awesome as his older works were.

Now, Molyneux has been kind of a kook for late, who keeps charming the pants off game journalists and getting attention despite not creating anything worthwhile in ages. But then this RPS interview throw up this tidbit:

Starting to walk the fine line between somewhat-annoying-kook and certifiably-insane.

Or is it just me? I sometimes wonder if it's all an act with him, since the press seems to gobble it up. They seem to love it when a grown man breaks out into tears during a professional interview.

2. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not into God games, really. They have no real challenge - you, as the deity, can't really die, and the objective is simply 'do some cool shit'.

3. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    In my country, some say "oh, another bullshit" and the other say "oh, another bullshit but it looks interesting. maybe it won't be bullshit this time".
    I don't know about Molyneux but I heard he is famous liar.
    Although project itself looks interesting

4. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Isn't that "kook"? Or do kids really say "cook" today? Also: I only counted 4 cans in the 22 cans group photo.

:drummer:

Seriously, that's sexist.

5. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Moly reminds me to this kid that screams WOLF WOLF WOLF! all the time, but there is never one.

Just that its "Quality game" in his case.

still hope he succeeds. I mean he seems to love making games after all.

6. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    Molyneux hasn't done anything worth playing since Populous. He fooled me once with Black & White and then again with Fable I. I swore him off after that and haven't bought anything he's touched since.

I'll keep this policy going for the duration of this Kickstarter I think.

7. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Is he going to die now, or what? I don't really get it.

I was done with him after Black and White, btw. I think it wasn't a bad game, but it was rather... well... it felt not finished.

8. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    He's a bloody multi-millionaire, what the fuck does he need a kickstarter to raise £450K for?
    Also, screw established publishers trying to abuse Kickstarter in order to make their financing costs cheaper. That's not what it's for.

9. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Maybe it's just me, but that part of the article didn't sound "insane" to me. Black&White was my last Molyneux game too, I liked it but never played through.

Btw I would take his melodramatic stuff all day over the usual man-in-suits corporal talk many developers etc use. Atleast its interesting to read.

10. lazlolazlo

lazlolazlo First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2012
    It's almost finished, and pretty much every single backer feels hustled by Molyneux (if reading the comments on Kickstarter) for promising a Deep, inovative (LOL hilarious, he's been doing that for years) Populous game, instead delivering a shitty mobile F2P game, completely boring and dumb downed.

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    well. At this point you really can only blame the backers, no :P