My issues with New Vegas

UncleSlappy said:
True I remember how the Khans dressed up like Mongols and spoke Mongolian and eschewed most guns and tech because hey Mongols didn't have all that stuff.

Oh wait. That didn't happen.

The Great Khans are hippies in NV. :mrgreen:

Innawerkz said:
I'm guessing that 'true' RPG formats won't see widespread acceptance/release until consoles support (demand?) the inclusion of a keyboard & mouse. Kinect & Move make me think this isn't on the immediate horizon.

Or perhaps the today's devs lack imagination.

Most FPSs today treat me like a moron, telling me every moment what I have to do.
And no more puzzles to solve, like Doom and HL at least had.

It's frustrating.

Threepwood said:
I think the Legion should have been portrayed in a very different manner.

I think it should have been a smaller group, composed of elite troops, with advanced technology, using say, salvaged power armor, people with a bit of arm gaurd, gauntlets, helmets etc.

When were the Romans ever flippant or stubbon or backwards in regards to technoligy? They built aquaducts, sewers, roads, ballistas, fortress's, the fact Ceaser want's very little to do with technoligy, especially medicine, is just nonsensical.

-And, get rid of the fucking sports equipment -.-

I agree, the Legion is just too silly and faceless. I expected more something like the ROMULANS in Star Trek.

Threepwood said:
Yeah, culture being twisted and historical figures immitated! Yeah, that's not a running theme in Fallout what so ever. You go get em' tiger.

UncleSlappy said:
True I remember how the Khans dressed up like Mongols and spoke Mongolian and eschewed most guns and tech because hey Mongols didn't have all that stuff.

Oh wait. That didn't happen.

Well said.

I dont have a problem with someone like Kayzar-Soze taking roman references for his Legion. But at some point you have to ask your self if it isnt simply silly. I mean, hell for an army of raiders and slavers the Legion doesnt really look like that. I mean the NRC has more diversity and looks more like a post apoc organisation then the Legion to me. This overuse of roman aspects is simply silly in my eyes.

brfritos said:
Or perhaps the today's devs lack imagination.

Most FPSs today treat me like a moron, telling me every moment what I have to do.
And no more puzzles to solve, like Doom and HL at least had.

It's frustrating.

Off topic & way past due, but if you are looking for a FPS-esque game that offers above average exercise for the mind, I would never hesitate recommending you give PORTAL a try.

A short game that is available for download on the XBOX or I'm sure it can be found on the cheap. It was part of the Orange Box package that included Half Life II with Eps 1 & 2, Portal & Team Fortress 2.

Really looking forward to Portal 2.

2. The legion are the most "original Fallout series" stuff in the game since they came right out of the Van Buren design doc. In other words, if Fallout 3 had been made by Black Isles you would have met them there.
i just wonder where the hell did they found all those original roman uniforms after a nuclear mayhem.. They just doesn't fit in the game.. at least thats my opinion :shock:

Oh come on they are not hard to taylor and the legion has without doubt no shortage of red dye. The rest is leatherworks.

tindrli said:
2. The legion are the most "original Fallout series" stuff in the game since they came right out of the Van Buren design doc. In other words, if Fallout 3 had been made by Black Isles you would have met them there.
i just wonder where the hell did they found all those original roman uniforms after a nuclear mayhem.. They just doesn't fit in the game.. at least thats my opinion :shock:

I really doubt these are original roman uniforms. Its not like they are hard to replicate with enough resources.

Original roman uniforms? I understand many of the criticism to the Legion but this... you seriously didn't notice that they've made them out of football pads? :|

Or was that some cunning trolling?

The more I play, the more I like Caesar's Legion. There's just something captivating about a massive, single-minded army of slavers that stabilizes their regions by brute force.

It's interesting that they perceive the campaign as bringing order and morality to the wasteland.

I honestly hate how Van Buren/New Vegas was/is filled with nods towards Greek mythology and Ancient Rome. I mostly blame Sawyer for that.

Back