Fallout 2 mod My sFall Mods and Tools

Can Check if u have customperks installed correctly,should, have a perk avail wiht new game load

Thank you, I'll keep trying to figure it out. I completely don't understand it because in the past (on another computer) everything worked just fine.

ini files in fo2\
int files in fo2\data\scripts

thats it,be sure and upgrade sfall to current release

Thank you, I'll keep trying to figure it out. I completely don't understand it because in the past (on another computer) everything worked just fine.

just wondering is fo2 installed to "program files\" ?

Thank you very much Nirran, you've been very helpful and everything works. I simply didn't put int files into fo2\data\scripts. I'm doing a test playthrough already (level 3 at the moment), I'll give you my feedback and I'll try to come up with new perks (like perks for Repair, Traps, Science and Barter). It won't be easy though.

In short: please, no*. In my humble opinion perks that simply add X% value to skills are the worst and boring, like https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Gambler_(perk)
For some often-picked skills like Small Guns, Speech or Lockpics it would be a total waste of time because the majority of the players will nonetheless raise those skills to 100% on every playthrough (because they either tagged those skills at the start or just know that those skills will give them easy time).
Interesting perks from Fallout 2 that are fun: HtH Evade, Stonewall, Silent Death, Sharpshooter.
I think that we should aim at making perks like those above.

* I mean you can always make two version of Custom Perks mod - ''Full'' version and ''Purist'' version.

Btw have you checked the Slightly Feral Perk? After I took it at level 6 my radiation resistance (and stats) remained unchanged, though it should change by 20% or 30%. My melee damage also remained as it was.

In short: please, no , I mean you can always make two version of Custom Perks mod - ''Full'' version and ''Purist'' version.

can set enable to each of them to 0,wont see in game if u do

oops had current rad rather then rad resist in slightly feral,this fixes it

edit : the fix wont affect perk ranks already taken

Attachments

Last edited:
Ok, I'll have to start again. Btw have you checked melee damage stat? Mine is still 3 (8 strenght, so 3 bonus to dmg), after taking perk it should be permanently raised.
You'll do as you want, but I doubt I'll have the patience to set each one of the 18 skills of Fallout 2.

tested oit,it adddd 3 dmg to my test toon,redownload and check

edit : the fix is not uploaded to my site,ahfta dl form this thread

Last edited:
Hi, I've been messing around with your Custom Perks mod and was pretty successful with integrating it into my FO2 unofficial patch install. I decided to retry using the Restoration Pack (Killap's original 2.3.3 with a manually installed SFall 4.2.5 something) but it seems for some reason I am unable to get any sort of critical hit effect. I've disabled the grace period for crit effects in ddraw.ini (
RemoveCriticalTimelimits=1) but i still can't seem to get a crit off even with constant eye shots. Any idea where I can start diagnosing this issue?

I tried messing with the debug version of HS_Combatdamage.int in the last few pages and the before/after macro damage numbers were equal, it just doesn't...seem to be going to the critical tables.

Also since I'm posting I may as well ask: does the F12SE editor disrupt anything to do with your custom perks?

no idea what can cause that,as it uses the same code no matter what mod,and no editors dont matter

Hi, I've been messing around with your Custom Perks mod and was pretty successful with integrating it into my FO2 unofficial patch install. I decided to retry using the Restoration Pack (Killap's original 2.3.3 with a manually installed SFall 4.2.5 something) but it seems for some reason I am unable to get any sort of critical hit effect. I've disabled the grace period for crit effects in ddraw.ini (
RemoveCriticalTimelimits=1) but i still can't seem to get a crit off even with constant eye shots. Any idea where I can start diagnosing this issue?

I tried messing with the debug version of HS_Combatdamage.int in the last few pages and the before/after macro damage numbers were equal, it just doesn't...seem to be going to the critical tables.

Also since I'm posting I may as well ask: does the F12SE editor disrupt anything to do with your custom perks?

Not sure if you know but there are newer patches available (not sure if the sfall is updated though but I'm guessing it is):

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/up-and-rp-updates.217877/

Yeah, I spotted that and I'm giving it a go. I'll just give my game some more time to see if it's just a weird bit of happenstance.

EDIT: Testing a character that ran all the way down south, ran into a Traveler (that lady who gives directions) and shot her in the head with a Shotgun. 0 damage, to the eyes, consistently. I'm stumped now.

Last edited:
Stripping out the HS_*.int files from the scripts folder, and suddenly I could get a 57hp critical hit on the lady. I'm wondering if there's a conflict with the Haenlomal YAAM component in the RPU now.

Is there a debug version of HS_Combatdamage that outputs the messages in CalcCrit()? I'd like to be able to see if my attacks are even entering that loop. Not sure where the headers you've included even live, so I can't compile.

Attaching the debug.log of my test, since I tried to reproduce it. Noted a lot of NULL pids, is that correct behaviour?

Attachments

Last edited:
For now I'm just going to leave hs_combatdamage.int out of the scripts folder; it seemed that, contrary to what I mentioned before, that particular file wasn't in my scripts folder for my unRPed playthrough. I suppose this'll just nerf a lot of the neat custom perks but I'll have to live with it, I guess

hs_ scripts are kinda deprecated nowadays. You sure there is no updated script somewhere?

Back