Fallout 2 mod My sFall Mods and Tools

@Nirran regarding your Random Encounter mod

The undergrounds are working for what it suppose to do.

But the caves are... glitchy.

Around three fourth of the time my party spawn inside with the entry zone (cave mouth) in a corner unable to display by the screen.

So I can not see that area, and therefore unable to leave (cant click on the entry zone to move there). I might be able to move away into the cave (though I havent done so as there is no point).

How to fix that? Or go around that bug?

EDIT: Some of the times, there's a tiny corner with exit grid visible on that northwestmost corner to allow exit outta that hole. Just need to walk around the area hidden by the cave wall, is all.

Last edited:
Question, trying to install the armor drop mod. I can see where the scrip files go, that is pretty self explanatory. The ondeath ini does that go in the root directory? Mods Folder?

Answer: looks like Fo2\

Hi, I'm new here, any chance you take mod requests? I saw your site and it says you take them, right? I just finished a play-thru of Fallout2, and I think Sniper and Slayer perks in Fallout2 are overpowered, and I'd like a mod that changes them like this:

Sniper - now reduces AP cost of targeted shots by 1 (making the cost the same as regular shots), instead of just rolling Luck for criticals.
Slayer - now makes all melee and unarmed attacks have a 30% chance for a critical hit, instead of all the time (srsly when i read the desc for this 1, I had to do a double-take I read right :P Sniper is bad enough, but this is just f***d).

Or if a similar mod alredy exists, can you link? Thanks in advance! XOXO

-O-

You probably went the easy way and made a *enhanced* character, as in normal playthrough it's really hard to get Slayer and Sniper perks at the same time. One would have to have LK8 PE8 and ST8 plus some medicore skill req and a fairly high level req. Most folks don't get to 24 lvl before endgame if they don't grind for it. Getting both of those perks doesn't really happen unless You've exploited the game somehow. Theeese perks are ment to be OP, so that more weaksauce players don't grind up to lvl 99 in order to assume they're ready for the final battle.

My take on it is that your account is a fly bait/trap. There are *literally* 0.0% chicks in your age that are interested in gaming, and "-" 'bazillion%' that are also interested in classic fallouts. So stop fulfillng our nerdy wet dreams, by slapping that swimwear top-model photo, and claiming You're a chick looking for assistance with fallout..I'm not falling for that one...

As for Your requst try to create a separate thread in this subforum for your cause.. Someone skilled in classic fallout programing might actually fall prey to Your trickery. ;)

[QUOTE="gustarballs1983, post: 4405022, member: 59515"
My take on it is that your account is a fly bait/trap. There are *literally* 0.0% chicks in your age that are interested in gaming, and "-" 'bazillion%' that are also interested in classic fallouts. So stop fulfillng our nerdy wet dreams, by slapping that swimwear top-model photo, and claiming You're a chick looking for assistance with fallout..I'm not falling for that one...
[/QUOTE]

Ok. Someone explain to me why this troll isnt banned? Nvm. I didnt ask YOU anything, neckbeard, I asked the author of this thread. So do me, yourself, and the world a favor, and jump off a bridge. Yes, I am a woman. Yes, I am interested in where it all started with Fallout, since I like F4, I decided to go back to the roots. NO, I do not give a shit if you believe me or not. I finished the game, I got BOTH perks (guess what, my character in game HAS ST, PE and LK at 8). So get back to jerking off to your mom's pictures, again I didn't ask YOU anything. have a nice day.

Now just to figure out how to put someone on Ignore on this site, and you're it.

Ok. Someone explain to me why this troll isnt banned? Nvm. I didnt ask YOU anything, neckbeard, I asked the author of this thread. So do me, yourself, and the world a favor, and jump off a bridge. Yes, I am a woman. Yes, I am interested in where it all started with Fallout, since I like F4, I decided to go back to the roots. NO, I do not give a shit if you believe me or not. I finished the game, I got BOTH perks (guess what, my character in game HAS ST, PE and LK at 8). So get back to jerking off to your mom's pictures, again I didn't ask YOU anything. have a nice day.

Now just to figure out how to put someone on Ignore on this site, and you're it.

Me.. a troll..?! Nah..

Although I mistook you for one, at first, since some trolls that come around, often mask themselves as 'girl gamers', due to the fact that such cases are quite rare among gamers. I'm sincerely sorry for my harsh welcoming. Although not often do we welcome girl gamers aroud here, most that claim they are, are just trolls, pretending wannabies that seek to ruin this forum. So I just took precautions and assumed You are one of them...
was trying chilling what was already cold as they say...
Sorry about that.

Anyways... Ekhm [clumsily trying to hide his shame]... welcome to No Mutants Alowed...
Anyways if you want to get noticed around here I suggest to start with a stickie'd welcoming thread in the general section..

Not the warmest welcoming, but what's done(said) is done(said), and one can't take it back... am I right?
NMA is known for beeing a harsh comunity often times,as we've suffered from the outside, beeing stickered on with opinions all the time, so don't take it personally...

Hello, this is regarding CustomPerks

When I have HSCombatDamage.int in my Fallout 2 scripts folder, the game will crash whenever someone gets into combat with me. I have the latest version of the restoration project installed, and customperks is the only other mod I have installed. This is the message I get when it crashes:

The instruction at 004589fc referenced memory at 0000273c
The memory could not be read from

When i delete HSCombatDamage.int the crash doesn't happen but any of the custom perks that alter combat damage understandably don't work. So I know it has to do with this script but I have no idea why, has anyone else had this problem?

Hi, I've been messing around with your Custom Perks mod and was pretty successful with integrating it into my FO2 unofficial patch install. I decided to retry using the Restoration Pack (Killap's original 2.3.3 with a manually installed SFall 4.2.5 something) but it seems for some reason I am unable to get any sort of critical hit effect. I've disabled the grace period for crit effects in ddraw.ini (
RemoveCriticalTimelimits=1) but i still can't seem to get a crit off even with constant eye shots. Any idea where I can start diagnosing this issue?

I tried messing with the debug version of HS_Combatdamage.int in the last few pages and the before/after macro damage numbers were equal, it just doesn't...seem to be going to the critical tables.

Also since I'm posting I may as well ask: does the F12SE editor disrupt anything to do with your custom perks?

I've been installing Fallout 2 and first time- installing Nirran's mods and ive encountered the same error. Itried the installation so many times until i managed to get all the mods to respond well together. Once i started a playthrough i figured that i wasn't doing any criticals even by having 100% on such skill and attacking to to eyes several times. No only did the enemies do more dmg to me and several critc s and knockdowns, but i was unable to do criticals no matter where i aimed. I felt forced to create a new game and start a "rapid shot" character. Since aimed-ranged and aimed-melee wasnt an option. I checked on every ini file from Nirran's mods but..couldnt find a reason to the problem. Anyone encountered this as well and knows a go-around? Thanks in advance

Does this mess with the Sniper perk? I notice in damage.ini there is a line that suggests Sniper's formula is no longer Luck * 10? And I'm using this mod, I've got Sniper, and it is NOT working. I'm getting maybe 1 in 10 criticals, just as if I didn't have the perk.

Does this mess with the Sniper perk? I notice in damage.ini there is a line that suggests Sniper's formula is no longer Luck * 10? And I'm using this mod, I've got Sniper, and it is NOT working. I'm getting maybe 1 in 10 criticals, just as if I didn't have the perk.

fight with forums,found this info
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-2-aimed-shot-bonus-to-crit-chance.202669/
which indicates the logic was reversed(error on my)

coincidentaly,new settings : party members cannot die(if u save scum anyway,why not?),and party cannot harm party

Attachments

Sorry for necro but i seem to be having some problems with the custom companions mod. I'm not really sure how to install them properly as I'm pretty bad at them but I just copy and paste them directly in the fallout 2 game files and then press the exe and yeah. There's also some source files that I'm not really sure where to put and when i go ahead and play a fresh save of the game with the rp installed i just spawn in a black space with no temple of trials nor Klint on sight. Im guessing it has something to do with the source files not being put where it should be so any help would be appreaciated.

oh man what a shame I really wanted to get my hands on em for a second playthrough, thanks for the quick response

Hey Nirran, been playing with your Custom Perks mod + the latest (GitHub) RPU and your version of the Bonus Ranged Damage perk doesn't appear to be working. No additional damage appears in the display and no additional damage seems to occur either, as far as I can tell. Are there extra steps I have to take (beyond changing mode to 2 for RP) to make it work?

Thanks!

Edit: Expert Shooter AP reduction doesn't seem to work either. Did I install this wrong or something? Things like Bonus HtH damage work perfectly though!

Last edited:
Hey Nirran, been playing with your Custom Perks mod + the latest (GitHub) RPU and your version of the Bonus Ranged Damage perk doesn't appear to be working. No additional damage appears in the display and no additional damage seems to occur either, as far as I can tell. Are there extra steps I have to take (beyond changing mode to 2 for RP) to make it work?

Thanks!

Edit: Expert Shooter AP reduction doesn't seem to work either. Did I install this wrong or something? Things like Bonus HtH damage work perfectly though!
I Reviewed the variables and it seems alright,ExpertShooter only affects small guns,what weapon is being used?

edit: also the extra dmg wont be displayed for bonus ranged damage

edit 2: try this,unzip this into data/scripts folder,tell me if the value is same as ur "CustomPerks.ini" value for ranged damage

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I used the Red Ryder LE to test (for consistency) and pumped extra damage up in the ini to 99. Unfortunately...

248235407_screen-shot-2021-11-22-at-1-27-58-pm.png

I Reviewed the variables and it seems alright,ExpertShooter only affects small guns,what weapon is being used?

edit: also the extra dmg wont be displayed for bonus ranged damage

edit 2: try this,unzip this into data/scripts folder,tell me if the value is same as ur "CustomPerks.ini" value for ranged damage

Correct value (99) is printed in the dialogue box when the game loads but the damage itself doesn't happen when I shoot a guy (e.g. I'm shooting someone with the Red Ryder but it hits for regular damage, something in the 20's or 30's). I tried attaching screenshots but the forum thinks it's spam; sorry!

Edit: Not sure if this helps, but I tried out the damage bonus from LivingAnatomyDamageAmount, and it works just fine.

Last edited:
try some smaller value,massive amounts may be causing some calculation error

edit : attack with this in data/scripts and tell me if the number is higher then ur ini setting

Attachments

Last edited:
Back