My thoughts on Planescape Torment...

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
RE: It is the same...

I might get it second hand I got quake 3 for 18 pounds which was pretty cheap considering it was still 35 in EB. Still crap though.

I got the original fallout a legal copy for the sum of one pound. Shop owners who know nothing about computer games are great things.

>For some reason I don't like
>the idea of replaying it.
>I think it will bore
>me slightly.

I dunno, it was a bit different for me. I played at normal difficulty last game and now with the hardest difficulty level, I've found that some parts of the game seem different. I know for a fact that dialogue has changed in some parts, I seem to have more access to different parts of dialogue while others are lost. This may have to do with the amount of wisdom I have now, I have 21.

Plus I'm playing a fighter and not a mage now, soon to be a thief (I want some free stuff).

Also I never really explored Curst as much as I could have. I left it in a hurry and I want to see what's up in it.

Last, I'm changing my NPC lineup. I'm favoring Emoric (sp?) instead of Vhailor (TIP: Use Vhailor in the very last battle. He gets 2 million experience points which is equivilent to +100 hit points and many stat upgrades). I wasn't able to get Emoric last game, so I'll see how he performs.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
[/div]

>>For some reason I don't like
>>the idea of replaying it.
>>I think it will bore
>>me slightly.
>
>I dunno, it was a bit
>different for me. I
>played at normal difficulty last
>game and now with the
>hardest difficulty level, I've found
>that some parts of the
>game seem different. I
>know for a fact that
>dialogue has changed in some
>parts, I seem to have
>more access to different parts
>of dialogue while others are
>lost. This may have
>to do with the amount
>of wisdom I have now,
>I have 21.
>
>Plus I'm playing a fighter and
>not a mage now, soon
>to be a thief (I
>want some free stuff).

Maybe I could play as a mage this time.

>Also I never really explored Curst
>as much as I could
>have. I left it
>in a hurry and I
>want to see what's up
>in it.

Neither did I. I never got Vhailor either.

>Last, I'm changing my NPC lineup.
> I'm favoring Emoric (sp?)
>instead of Vhailor (TIP:
>Use Vhailor in the very
>last battle. He gets
>2 million experience points which
>is equivilent to +100 hit
>points and many stat upgrades).
> I wasn't able to
>get Emoric last game, so
>I'll see how he performs.

Who is Emoric? I've never heard of him or seen him.

[TABLE border=5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="15" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#4B5359" bordercolorlight="#008DE6" bordercolordark="#002FA4][TR][TD]
[a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/][IMG SRC=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/logo2.jpg" border=0][/a]​

[a href="mailto: Smackrazor@mailandnews.com" style="font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;]Smackrazor[/a]

[font style=font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;]Webmaster: [a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/" style="font-family:arial;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;font-size: 9pt;]The Mod Squad[/a]
[/td][/tr][/table]​

>Who is Emoric? I've never heard
>of him or seen him.

Owner of the Dustman Bar. I got him mixed up with Nordom since I never got him last game.

Try out Vhailor, he kicks some SERIOUS ass. He's a real help when you're a mage because he can prevent them from getting to you. Plus at the end of the game, revive him and see what he does, MEGA powerful.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

[/div]

I'm so happy

I got planescape for £11.99 which is less than 20 dollars I believe.

>>Who is Emoric? I've never heard
>>of him or seen him.
>
>Owner of the Dustman Bar.
>I got him mixed up
>with Nordom since I never
>got him last game.

Yeah. I just started playing it again and became a dustman. Pretty boring really.

>Try out Vhailor, he kicks some
>SERIOUS ass. He's a
>real help when you're a
>mage because he can prevent
>them from getting to you.
> Plus at the end
>of the game, revive him
>and see what he does,
>MEGA powerful.

I modded Nordom's crossbow bolts, and he never once used them :(. He'd always be at1 the back in a combat stance, but didn't to anything. But I did make some cool tattoo's and axes. Haven't tried modding the charms yet though.

[TABLE border=5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="15" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#4B5359" bordercolorlight="#008DE6" bordercolordark="#002FA4][TR][TD]
[a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/][IMG SRC=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/logo2.jpg" border=0][/a]​

[a href="mailto: Smackrazor@mailandnews.com" style="font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;]Smackrazor[/a]

[font style=font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;]Webmaster: [a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/" style="font-family:arial;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;font-size: 9pt;]The Mod Squad[/a]
[/td][/tr][/table]​

RE: I'm so happy

>I got planescape for £11.99 which
>is less than 20 dollars
>I believe.

£13 ~ $20

But that was a steal. I got mine for $40.

[/td][/tr][/table]​

I love the computer shop in the metro centre. I did the same thing with Star Wars Supremacy when it first came out. I bought soldier of fortune as well yesterfay for £17.99 which was pretty cheap as well

From what I've played so far PS:T seems to be a really good game.

>>I got planescape for £11.99 which
>>is less than 20 dollars
>>I believe.
>
>£13 ~ $20
>
>But that was a steal. I
>got mine for $40.

I got mine for the hefty price of $60, $10 more than most other games which retail at $50. However every dollar was worth it.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

[/div]

>I got mine for the hefty
>price of $60, $10 more
>than most other games which
>retail at $50. However
>every dollar was worth it.

Well, you must live in an expensive place. Although the average price for a small house around here is $1.2 million, and if you want a more moderate size (acre plot) you can pay up to $6 million.

[/td][/tr][/table]​

Thats a size 72 font OUCH. Where do you live for houses to cost that much?

>Thats a size 72 font OUCH.
> Where do you live
>for houses to cost that
>much?

In the bay area of California, in between San Francisco and San José.

[/td][/tr][/table]​

You could buy my entire street for less than that.

*ROFLMAO*

Hahaha

[/td][/tr][/table]​

RE: *ROFLMAO*

I'm not joking that's one hell of a lot of money.

>I'm not joking that's one hell
>of a lot of money.

That's standard in major cities in California, however the cost of living in California is higher too, so it evens out. People get paid more too.

Many people come to my state, Utah, and say, "Wow, I've never seen such low prices." Prices in California are often 150+% more than other places simply because that's what the standard of living is there.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

[/div]

Thats a bit like going to London and everythings three times as expensive. Its still a big chunk of cash though.

How much is stuff like adsl and cable access in USA? Its quite pricey in England.

California is still cheaper than England...

>Thats a bit like going to
>London and everythings three times
>as expensive. Its still
>a big chunk of cash
>though.

It's that 17% tax which throws off Englands prices really. But everything's in the tax. Utah may be cheap, but that's because there are low taxes there. I know many people who go on a road trip up to Oregan and come back with a car or two.

But the tax here is 8.25%

>How much is stuff like adsl
>and cable access in USA?
> Its quite pricey in
>England.

I got a deal with free installation, and now I just pay $40 a month for a medium size of bandwidth, plus phone service.

[/td][/tr][/table]​

>Thats a bit like going to
>London and everythings three times
>as expensive. Its still
>a big chunk of cash
>though.
>
>How much is stuff like adsl
>and cable access in USA?
> Its quite pricey in
>England.

You can check out http://www.uswest.com/pcat/for_home/product/1,1749,537_1_3,00.html and see their pricing. It's about 37.90 for DSL and Internet Access combined. That's 256kbps bandwidth too if you're wondering.

However it is even better in Canada. I know a guy who gets 1.5 megabit DSL for ahout $60 which includes the internet.

We Americans have no idea how good we have it. Gas prices alone speak for themselves. What we complain as high prices ($1.40/gallon) would be considered all-time low prices in Europe. And hell, we have unlimited local phone service for $20 a month, and if we want, 1000 minutes/month cell phone (with free internet and long distance) for about $120/month.

"Well I'm proud to be an American, where I know I will be free... the costs of gas is not so high, the price that gas should be..."

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

[/div]

Petrol prices in England are obcene. In one garage down south it was as high as a pound a litre.

In England its quite pricey for ADSL. I'm not sure of the installation costs but being BT it'll cost a fortune then 40 pounds a month. I think thats about 60 dollars. Cable modems are expensive to install £200 for the kit £25 for installation and £40 a month rental.

Back