• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
RE: *ROFLMAO*

>Petrol prices in England are obcene.
> In one garage down
>south it was as high
>as a pound a litre.

A POUND a LETER?

Let's see, one Pound(£) is roughly 1.65 dollars($) and a leter is approximately 1/4 gallon.

So you're paying roughly $6.60 a gallon, YOW! When there was a small glut of oil a few months ago we were paying around 89¢ a gallon. Now we pay about $1.20-$1.40 if I remember right, and we think THAT is high.

>In England its quite pricey for
>ADSL. I'm not sure
>of the installation costs but
>being BT it'll cost a
>fortune then 40 pounds a
>month. I think thats
>about 60 dollars. Cable
>modems are expensive to install
>£200 for the kit £25
>for installation and £40 a
>month rental.

Of course with DSL you're not paying for the per-minute phone rates. That's why normal phone-based internet is usually free in England. They have a deal with British Telecom to earn a percentage of profit from phone bills.

-Xotor-

[div align=center]

http://www.poseidonet.f2s.com/files/nostupid.gif
[/div]

>>Petrol prices in England are obcene.
>> In one garage down
>>south it was as high
>>as a pound a litre.
>
>A POUND a LETER?
>
>Let's see, one Pound(£) is roughly
>1.65 dollars($) and a leter
>is approximately 1/4 gallon.
>
>So you're paying roughly $6.60 a
>gallon, YOW! When there
>was a small glut of
>oil a few months ago
>we were paying around 89¢
>a gallon. Now we
>pay about $1.20-$1.40 if I
>remember right, and we think
>THAT is high.

Where I am I pay anything from 70¢ to $1.10.

But it was around £30 for petrol when I went there. Good thing Safeway was having anoffer where you spend over £30 in a store and you'll get 10p off per litre.

[TABLE border=5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="15" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#4B5359" bordercolorlight="#008DE6" bordercolordark="#002FA4][TR][TD]
[a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/][IMG SRC=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/logo2.jpg" border=0][/a]​

[a href="mailto: Smackrazor@mailandnews.com" style="font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;]Smackrazor[/a]

[font style=font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;]Webmaster: [a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/" style="font-family:arial;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;font-size: 9pt;]The Mod Squad[/a]
[/td][/tr][/table]​

Well the government sort of has a 75% tax rate on petrol.

>Well the government sort of has
>a 75% tax rate on
>petrol.

Isn't it something like 81%?

[TABLE border=5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="15" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#4B5359" bordercolorlight="#008DE6" bordercolordark="#002FA4][TR][TD]
[a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/][IMG SRC=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/logo2.jpg" border=0][/a]​

[a href="mailto: Smackrazor@mailandnews.com" style="font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;]Smackrazor[/a]

[font style=font-family:arial;font-size: 9pt;color:#008DE6;]Webmaster: [a href=//www.modsquad.f2s.com/" style="font-family:arial;color:#008DE6;text-decoration:underline;font-size: 9pt;]The Mod Squad[/a]
[/td][/tr][/table]​

Its probably gone up I wouldn't be surprised.

>Its probably gone up I wouldn't
>be surprised.

And you know what's funny, petrol taxes went up dramatically in a number of days, and now the govt. say they're going to bring the tax back down again slowly. Hehehe.

[/td][/tr][/table]​

Petrols been expensive for as long as I can remember. They're putting companies out of business with their stupid tax rates.

>Petrols been expensive for as long
>as I can remember.
>They're putting companies out of
>business with their stupid tax
>rates.

Here's the percentages for the cost of the petrol and who gets what:

Actual cost of petrol: 15%
Manufacturor: 2%
Storekeeper: 2%
Tax: 81%

And I think they went up in 1991 or somewhere around there.

[/td][/tr][/table]​

I wonder how long it'll be before people start going to France to bring back petrol like they do with booze and cigarettes.

I read something about this gas station that had six million turnover but after tax and expenses he only made something like 20K profit.

Back