New animations 2

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by x'il, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Fallout1FTW

Fallout1FTW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 25, 2010
    Rain man, you're full of surprises. :clap:
    Can't wait to see your mod.

2. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Nice work x'il. Your index now has more good art than the custom art rep!!

@Rainman - some cool, interesting stuff you've got going on there. I love the 'Fallout-y' look of your critters.

3. BoS boy

BoS boy First time out of the vault

May 27, 2011
    Hi there, I was wondering when I'm finished doing these (couple of weeks) would any of you be interested in these T-45d with Pipboy 3000 images, just testing today see if I can scale down the armour ok to at least match the same size as the animeFrames. The Pic is 100% any bigger and it does pixelate.

Let me know if you're interested :)

I've uploaded my Pic at the link below (can't seem to just upload it here)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64389067@N05/

4. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The perspective and animation is wrong. You will have to render the model at least with a correct camera setup, else it's useless.

5. Rain man

Rain man First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2010
    just a small update of Blondie Animations set (thanks to LionXavier for pointing out) :wink:

Download Primitive Blondie

Note: As this primitive girl is necessary for Fallout restoration project, I have included it in the blondie's animations pack at our site.

6. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    How are these models in game?

I like them very much but I wonder if these fit well with the other existing critters?

I'm unable to install it, so some youtube vids would me welcome :)

7. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Some screenshots will also do, i think.

If you're having some installation problems, and just want to be able to quickly check them out in-game, you could re-name the frm's to the default ones and replace in data/art/critters folder.

8. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Am I imaging things or is HAPOWRAO "missing pixels" all over the place and just bad looking? Is someone willing to confirm this for me?

EDIT: And of course I go to the trouble of saving them as animating GIFs and posting, and it looks fine in this format :roll:

9. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Those are a bullet impact cavities. :mrgreen:
    Strange, never noticed this before.

10. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Yep - BIS fucked up certain critters (metal armor) - they can be easily fixed, but it's not critical. I think it was a masking problem when they were originally built.

11. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    These don't work properly in Fallout 1 unless extracted to their FR# counterparts.

So! Here's all of Pixote's Mutants 120% FRMs, along with their corresponding .FR0/1/2/3/4/5 files:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G11G4I08

Tested in Adytum and it looks and works great! Thanks man! And yes, this will of course be included in FIXT Alpha 2 ;)

12. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Looks like you've been a busy bee Sduibek - so F1 doesn't like the FRM's combined into a single file, that's good to know. :wink:

13. Denergar

Denergar First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2011
    General information:
    We made critters and animations for turrets from scratch, specially for FOnline:Requiem server. The video showing some tests is available at the following link (you can see only shooting animation there, but it'll help to get a general understanding of how it looks and works): http://rghost.net/13378961?key=e026e34387961f32ca7492ae0081c976

The following projects are welcome to use these resources:
    - FOnline: Requiem;
    - FOnline: TLA;
    - FOnline: 2238;
    - FOnline TNF: Roleplay;
    - any non-commercial single-player modification of FOnline and Fallout.

Download.

If you wish to get your project into that list, please contact me on Skype: Denergar

Credits:

Denergar - models, rendering;
    Papanya (Папаня) - animations;
    Uran - textures;
    GroZa - building the FRMs.

Special thanks goes to Rainman for kindly providing us the scene for Blender.

P.S. The animation set for now lacks lightning and blowing-up death animations. It'll be fixed when I get some time for it. They are mostly finished and need just to be packed into FRM.

14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    So far it's only been required for the mutant death animations; the stuff for Ian and Tycho, and the children, and the extended flamer, work just fine. :scratch:

EDIT: I apologize if this is a duplicate question; how do I take an FRM with a transparent background, convert it to BMP/GIF/PNG/whatever to edit it, then convert back to an FRM with a transparent background? Going through bmp2frm with Alchemy fails miserably; it makes a transparent background black.

Example to try is PIPX.FRM

15. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The alpha colour is (R -0, G -0, B-255) - or pure blue...but remember to save the image with the fallout colour palette.

@Denergar - It's a shame they didn't add the gun flash to the turrets when they fire, it makes a big difference.

16. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I don't see a difference between these and vanilla ones if viewing in Titanium. ?

Do any of you use a batch program for changes to graphics? i.e. if it's a simple change like modifying Hue and Saturation, there's gotta be a way to just run that specific change to multiple files via command line...

17. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Any chance you were able to get more work done on a Tycho Dude? :mrgreen:

EDIT: And what about the dual-wielding Super Mutant :twisted:

18. Rain man

Rain man First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2010
  19. scratch42069

scratch42069 First time out of the vault

Apr 11, 2010
    Excellent work Rain man :) I'll start a new game with long haired black dude and test him out. I loved the work you did on blondie so I can't wait.

20. JCRimmmer

JCRimmmer First time out of the vault

Jul 22, 2011
    Hello all, just joined but bought both F1 and F2 when first released.

Just wondered if there was a collection of animation mods all in one download? Instead of individual ones.

Thanks