New animations 2

The death animations were always going to be the hardest. I think the second "melting" animation needs the skeleton frame like the original.

I pretty much gave up on him.... he has an almost finished metal set (originally he could use only a few weapons and couldn't run). If this 3d stuff ends up good I guess he will be a few renders away...
Anyway there is a combat armored black guy that I think is fully done.

perhaps you could reconsider, haha :) it's a really good looking model. Now, if one swapped Vic's model for the (finished) black dude... that would be something :D

You are right @.Pixote. I corrected that. Also here is a tribal kid too.
oKTe3RL.gif
qWVrKxg.gif

I won't be able to do anymore this week so sharing the finished model is getting a bit postponed to make up for it here is a zip with 2 critters a vault and a tribal kid. What is remaining is to create a girl version adding a longer hair... and in the case of tribal children coming up with an outfit too...
I'm writing a readme that will help in with the use of this and future versions. I made copies for the 6 views the whole thing is now almost 23 mb, which means the end one will be 46 mb... but well there is no need to know how to use blender to render the different views this way. Also I will plan to use 7z so it won't be so bad.

@Kaiketsu I hope I will be able to get the 3d model close enough to the ingame characters cause doing it by hand takes way too much time, on a sidenote I don't get why so many wants to swap Vic's look... personally I like him the way he is...

Link to the frames
https://db.tt/nw83Gkdz

Just a little note I have updated the previous link now the frms are finished for the vault boy and the rendered frames have the palette applied.
Soon the source files will be shared too.

Couldn't reply sooner.
I didn't automate anything in frame animator however due to the way I rendered the frames I don't need to bother with the offsets, the timing could be a bit off.

I would like to share here the source files for the above created model. The archine is in 7z format. And contains all the info for usage.
Dropbox link: http://bit.ly/2bUhlcF

I would like to share here the source files for the above created model.
Thank you.

for animation it is better to use 3d max, when rendering it not smoothes the edges of the sprite with the background as it does the blender. for this reason, the sprites in blender are not smoothed.
1.png
2.png

You don't want to smooth edges with Fallout artworks, if you do you will get awkward blurry edges in game. You should render the artwork with no anti-alias, and then later render it again with anti-alias (same camera). The first render will act as a mask for the second softer image, that way you get both the soft anti-alias with the hard edges. Always save the final artwork in the Fallout colour palette.

23874i923C9AF031B29657

3ds max should have a function for that. You can render it with anti-alising but without anti-aliased edges.

Yes. But I think it will not work with mental ray. I don't know what with other high-end renderers. From other hand who needs them for this kind of artwork.

Hey @Ursa, if you feel bored one day, how about making the Agricola bot? :>
Doesn't even require custom walking animations, as it is hoovering like the Mr. Handy. :>

18_23_12_08_1_06_46.jpg

New animations for lobotomies

7889_zpsem100as3.gif
77999_zpsm0xywhnv.gif
54jjjjjj_zpsalcdbj7a.gif
dodgegun_zpsibyumglu.gif

878999_zpsjwkcskc0.gif
hhh_zpsamfhrjs6.gif
6998999_zpswm0pynor.gif

23t2tt2t323t_zpsnxudrbwr.gif
w2354235235_zpsjmpmzozj.gif
32ttttt_zpslw68obps.gif
j9u08908_zpsqq8kpqls.gif

43r54534f34f_zpsgyoepj16.gif
8-000777_zpsuswsqbhe.gif
789789789789_zpsdrgnwwkf.gif

In fact, all the basic animations are ready. But I am afraid that I can not deal with conversion to FRM and offsets placement... Later I'll publish *.BMP files pack, perhaps someone will be able to do it.
Agricola bot is very nice variant, I'll try it as soon as I have time.

Last edited:
Back