New Fallout trailer

I do have an interest in seeing a deathclaw in a live action scenario as well I guess. Maybe I'm retarded but I like how the power armor looks, and the creature designs. So I guess what I'm saying is I'll watch it til I see my deathclaw

"The world deserves a better ending"

No, it does not. The point of the classic games was that humans will always kill each other for whatever they want that others have. The nuclear apocalypse was because of this and the world deserved this "end". And with luck, something better would come out of it, but it was unlikely because "humans will be humans". And the nuclear apocalypse wasn't considered an end either... it was considered a new beginning.

"In the new world of the Mojave Wasteland, fighting continued, blood was spilled, and many lived and died - just as they had in the Old World. Because war... war never changes."
-Fallout New Vegas Ending Narration

This quote right here perfectly captures what the world of Fallout is supposed to be, exactly what you've just pointed out @Risewild !

:-)

I find the release timing to be extremely odd. You release a Fallout TV series when there's no new game coming out or not even anything announced, and you do it when the franchise's reputation is kind of in the toilet given the last game that was released (Fallout 76).
Well, the Fallout MtG was supposed to have been released a couple of days ago.

I think they are doing these (MtG and TV series) to keep Fallout relevant and popular because there isn't a new game coming soon.

Fallout is now a merchandise selling machine and Bethesda needs to keep pumping all kinds of products to keep people interested in spending money on Fallout trinkets.

I’m not a fan of how the Power Armor looks, especially that silly faceplate in the trailer that opens up like Iron Man. Something about the helmet is oddly shaped, squished in or something. I know they’re trying to make the entire show look like Fallout 4, but I genuinely think the Power Armor would’ve looked better as a taller version of the Power Armor in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Maybe the real Fallout was the creativity falling out of the series once Fallout 2 released.

I wonder how things would have gone had they just adapted one of the game entries. I think the plot of Fallout 3 could’ve made for a good movie or TV series, it’s already written as a Hollywood blockbuster.

Fallout [1] is the only plot worth adapting; not only that but Amazon could have even hired the original voice cast to play the parts live.

I think the plot of Fallout 3 could’ve made for a good movie or TV series, it’s already written as a Hollywood blockbuster.
Given that the plot of Fallout 3 is horrendous and makes no sense, i very much doubt it would make for a good movie.

Fallout [1] is the only plot worth adapting

I disagree with this entirely. Fallout 1 definitely would make for an awesome adaption, and if they were going for a straight forward adaption of the games would be logical starting point, but the only one worth adapting? C'mon now.

Given that the plot of Fallout 3 is horrendous and makes no sense, i very much doubt it would make for a good movie.

You can’t seriously be so narrow minded and spiteful as to forget the definition of adaption. Yes, the game’s story when picked apart doesn’t make a lot of sense thanks to Emil’s horrible writing skills, but any scriptwriter worth their salt would be able to salvage it and adapt it for a shorter format story such as a movie.

Last edited:
And 4 years ago we havent been as tired of Fallout 4 as now.

Hell, 4 years ago TTW 322 is just out and fallout content look just peachy despite F4.

Now, after 4 more years of Fallout 4, TTW332 is just, feeling tired and exhausted. We dug about all we can in the part of F3 content (mods) to transfer to FNV.

I was even, god forbid, contemplating moving on to F4 simply because F3/FNV is about too familiar for me to stay. And changes, even bad changes, is looking more and more attractive.

Fallout interest is about as low as it get, I think, judging from where I sit as a longtime gamer and modder.

I don't see the trend stopping either; Fallout will not die with a bang, but slowly wither and disappear into nothing. With Bethesdas's lacklustre handling of the franchise and the natural passage of time, people move on and let go of the past. It's disheartening that this franchise is left dead in the gutter. At least Hoi4 OWB is keeping the series somewhat relevant.

Also, why the fuck is Nuka-Cola omnipresent in everything? Sunset sarsaparilla my beloved is gone.

What a sad abomination this series has turned into.
Gotta milk it dry, no milk? Any fluid will suffice. :falloutonline:
Ironic that Vault Boy became the mascot he originally was made to ridicule.
A new Fallout game is probably ten years away since Midfield was received with such a big "meh". TES VI is in big trouble as Bethesda can no longer rely upon making the same kind of game they've made since Oblivion.

but any scriptwriter worth their salt would be able to salvage it
Yeah, no, the story is unsalvageable. At the end of the day, it's a very poor mishmash of the plots of Fallout 1 and 2 mixed with horrendous dialogue and writing. No writer in this world could salvage it, no matter how hard they tried. You say narrow-minded and spiteful, i say i'm being realistic.

Coming up with an entirely new story takes far less work than trying to adapt the vomit Fallout 3 calls a story.

Yeah, no, the story is unsalvageable. At the end of the day, it's a very poor mishmash of the plots of Fallout 1 and 2 mixed with horrendous dialogue and writing. No writer in this world could salvage it, no matter how hard they tried.

Coming up with an entirely new story takes far less work than trying to adapt the vomit Fallout 3 calls a story.

Just waiting for the "le quirky" moments, "So that just happened". Fallout: Marvels.

Though Kyle MacLachlan is one of my favorite actors and an excellent one at that, rarely can a good actor save a bad production. From the things I've seen in the trailer, I've no hope for it. It'll likely appease certain audiences, but for a lot of the classic/older fans, as other have said before me - It's not for us anymore. I'd also add, that it hasn't been for us since 2007.

Yeah, no, the story is unsalvageable. At the end of the day, it's a very poor mishmash of the plots of Fallout 1 and 2 mixed with horrendous dialogue and writing. No writer in this world could salvage it, no matter how hard they tried.

As the saying goes, saying it doesn't make it so.
Yes, the game's dialogue is poor, the world building found within the game is nonsensical, and the plot of the game suffers overall, all due to Emil not being able to consistently tell a story if his life depended on it, but the base is still there and can absolutely be adapted into a 1-2 hour movie. Off the top of my head I can think of a few ways to adapt the game into a movie:

1) Center the movie on James rather than his son, as James is the main character of the story to begin with. Have the story follow his journey through the Capital Wasteland.
2) Throw out the characters of the Lone Wanderer and James all together, and make a war movie about the Brotherhood of Steel's war against the Enclave in D.C. over Project Purity, which in the film would be an Enclave invention made to kill off the population with perhaps James as the big bad guy.
3) Incorporate the DLCs, and you could easily make a trilogy of films based off Fallout 3 alone in the style of old pulp stories about a post-nuclear world with different characters and scenarios.
4) Hell, roll all ideas above into one, and you could start a franchise of films. An adaption allows for you to quite literally do anything you want with the source material, no matter how shit it is.

As for it being a mishmash of Fallout 1 and 2, no one's disagreeing with that, but I think that actually benefits a short format story like a Hollywood movie. Hollywood execs and the mainstream audience doesn't care that Fallout 3 is a mix of 1 and 2's plots, that's something for us as fans to bitch and moan about. The reason we're getting this Borderland's looking Fallout show in the first place is precisely because of that.

You say narrow-minded and spiteful, i say i'm being realistic.

I'd say you're being more hyperbolic than realistic when it comes to this, but let's agree to disagree.

This I can agree with. Not because Fallout 3 is unadaptable, but because most writers would rather do something new if given the chance then retread what's been done.

Maybe the real Fallout was the creativity falling out of the series once Fallout 2 released.
Dang, for me this hits hard, because it's true!
NGL I've had this on the back of my mind for awhile now, for someone to finally say it out in the open all but confirms it.

One big example of this, is the original idea of what Vault Tec's motives were for all the crazy Vault Experiments. This right here is one of the things that WE cannot blame Bethesda for! Whoever on the FO2 Team decided to change this, really botched this story arc IMO.

:nod: :roll: :-?

2) Throw out the characters of the Lone Wanderer and James all together, and make a war movie about the Brotherhood of Steel's war against the Enclave in D.C. over Project Purity, which in the film would be an Enclave invention made to kill off the population with perhaps James as the big bad guy.
When you even consider throwing out the main characters in an adaptation, maybe take as a hint that the thing is maybe unadaptable. This is like trying to adapt a Superman story, but you consider not even have Superman in the story.

And the thing with the Enclave and BoS is they shouldn't have been in Fallout 3 to begin with. Those are two of the major things that make the story of Fallout 3 unadaptable, these factions had no business being in the East Coast.

Back